Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Sex Hurts

When Sex Hurts

I just wanted to share this with everyone.

When we think of sex hurting we automatically think of a physical action,
    but let me share this, when sex hurts its not only physical it can also be psychological. Sex is a strong word in a relationship, we grow up thinking that sex is just a part of relationship, and that we are just suppose to do it.

Sex is a powerful tool. It can mess with your mind and body in all sorts of ways. When we think of sex hurting we automatically relate it to penetration, but in some people that’s not the case at all. I believe that sex plays a powerful part on our emotions.

When we have sex with our partners and we both are pleasured we get a since of achievement, but when only one of us are pleasured then sometimes resentment builds up. And when this happens then it can start affecting our relationship. So this is one way sex can hurt, when the other just thinks of themselves not worrying about helping the other achieve their goal.

When your partner goes outside of the relationship.
    This can really play with our minds, I think the first response is to blame ourselves, thinking we did something wrong or maybe was just not satisfying our partners enough. But that is not true at all, when a partner strays. I really believe it’s just a selfish act on their part, or it could truly be something more severe like an addiction, sex addition is real and does happen. And it can ruin a marriage or relationship, so this is another way sex can hurt.

Another way sex can hurt is when one or the other has a difficult time getting aroused; this can stir a lot of emotions. It can make us start doubting our self worth and make us feel like less of a person. When this happens we seem to pull away from our partner, sometimes we even feel like our partner would be better off without us.

Pain during intercourse can be caused by a number of problems, including IC, endometriosis, a pelvic mass, ovarian cysts, vaginitis, poor lubrication, the presence of scar tissue from surgery or a sexually transmitted disease. A condition called vaginismus is a painful, involuntary spasm of the muscles that surround the vaginal entrance. It may occur in women who fear that penetration will be painful and also may stem from a sexual phobia or from a previous traumatic or painful experience. And yes sex hurts if you have any kind of physical pain with any of these conditions.

I guess my point being is I would hope that people would read this and realize there are so many ways sex can hurt us. Jill has worked hard on building the WSH website and I hope you all would consider joining so maybe you could share your experiences with people who have become down and depressed and who need some emotional support. When sex hurts it’s a whole body experience. Sex does not mean just intercourse..

I hope you come and check out the wonderful site WSH.

Thanks
    Ronda
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Great post leelee!!!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Awesome post Leelee
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Like I already told you on the other site, this is well done. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post this.
        Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks...... Traceann, Sharon, and Tigger.

I just want everyone to realize what we are about on WSH..Its not all about just sex, we are there for each other just like on the ICN. We do not condemn or judge each other in anyway..
          Hugs
          Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
          Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
          Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

USPSham

THANK YOU for sharing these thoughts and ideas!!! You're blessed with the art of wisely wording things, which is even MORE difficult with our 'subject' here!! Thank you for reminding us to step back and look inward!! Something I most definitely forget to do!!!

GREAT post and again, THANK YOU!!!
            :woohoo:

All the Best,
            Sherry

Comment

Your very welcome.....
              Hugs
              Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
              X