Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masturbation creating flares...?

Hi all,

I have a rather strange problem that's upsetting me a lot. I seem to have my worst flares (out of all things that can make me flare up) from masturbation - sometimes I can start flaring about 1/2 hour after. The funny thing is that penetrative sex only flares me up occassionally, and oral sex never does... but guaranteed, every time I masturbate or my partner does it to me, it's flare city. I'm feeling really depressed about it, even though I know I can have other types of sex, we're not always in the mood for that, and sometimes I just wanna do it alone, you know?

Does anyone else have the same problem, and if so, any suggestions for minimising this terrible pain?

Thanks in advance
    Kiki

"...I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02
    Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 2/06

Me too Kristen!!! I get like burning pains and feel very sore bout 20mins afterwards and then wish I hadnt of done it in the first place!!!
    how annoying!
    But I know what you mean it is very annoying and depressing as it doesnt cause me pain at the time its just afterwards.

you're not alone!!
    x
    Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
    Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
    Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
    Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
    Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
    Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
    Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

Kristen,

Have you tried the WSH when sex hurts web site.. There are alot of supportive woman on the site who has some really good info on this topic..The web site was created by Jill the same wonderful lady who created this web site.. I will give you the link below.. Hope you join us!

http://www.whensexhurts.com/forum/
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I can no longer orgasm, because if I do, I end up with severe bladder pain afterwards and it is not worth it. I get these sharp stabbing pains in my bladder after I orgasm. Lately it is just easier to avoid it all toegther it seems. All that pain is not worth that second of pleasure I guess, and for me it is more pain than pleasure. This disease stinks.
        Jen

Comment

I have heard of this happening to other IC'ers, so I don't think it's uncommon, unfortunately.

I'm not really sure if it's from chemicals being released that maybe irritate things, or maybe some form of pelvic floor dysfunction....but I have heard of that before, and it's very understandable why you are kind of down about it - there are so many losses sometimes with this disease!

Blessings,
          Lori

Comment

oh I agree you should come and join us overe there.. we are a grat group...
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I think the pain after orgasm is caused by the uterus reacting which in turn shakes up the bladder. I have had some difficulties with orgasm, myself.

Do come on over to the When Sex Hurts site, Kirsten. We would love to have your input.
              Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will join up to WSH and come chat with you over there.... :-)
                Kiki

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02

Comment

kewl we would love to have you!
                  Hugs
                  Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:

Diet Reference Sheet:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                  Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                  Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                  Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                  Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hey everyone...Kirsten is coming to our house. :woohoo: See you there.
                    Sharon

Link to the IC Diet:

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hi all, have joined WSH just waiting for registration to be approved so I can post.

In the meantime.... it's interesting that people have problems with orgasms. Orgasms from oral sex don't hurt me at all, it's just masturbation that leaves me in a flare for several days. This is why I feel so wierd. It's also wierd trying to explain to the uro (who's great, don't get me wrong) that the pain only comes from masturbation, because talking about masturbation is so embarrassing for me....!!!
                      Kiki

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02

Comment

Could what you are experiencing with masturbation actually be a UTI? I have wondered about that myself. Since UTIs are an infection caused by something invading the Urinary System, does it stand to reason that unclean hands could be causing a UTI?
                        Sharon

Link to the IC Diet:

Comment

I wondered that, actually, SharonA... given the pain is similar to a UTI for me and I also get quite nauseous.... although it happens even when hands are scrubbed clean! I'm wondering if I'm irritating my urethra rather than my bladder.
                          Kiki

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02

Comment

I also wondered about if touching down there could cause UTIs. But then I thought about it, and before I got IC, I never got a UTI from touching down there. I think that IC causes us to be very suseptible to getting infections. I just got over an infection a couple weeks ago, and have no clue how I got it, since I am very clean and have not even had sex. I feel like I have a UTI now, even though my culture that I had taken last Friday was clear. I still think I have a UTI though. Those cultures are not always accurate I dont think. Maybe I had the culture done to early for it to pick up the bacteria. I am suppose to do my first instill tomorrow. I pray I dont have an infection as it may make it worse. I would ask her to do a dipstick urine test, but those are a bunch of crap and never pick up my infections anyhow.
                            Jen

Comment

Just to let y'all know, have registered on the WSH forum, just waiting for moderators approval and then I'll be bombarding you all with questions etc!

Thanks for the tips and comments on this topic so far....
                              Kiki

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02

Comment

Working...
                              X