Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deviation72
    replied
    IrritatedbyIC - have you tried some baking soda/bicarb soda (sorry don't know what it's called outside Australia)? It's the only thing that helps my flares caused by sex. I usually have half a teaspoon in a full glass of water. It tastes terrible but it works for me. That and some anti-inflammatory painkillers (strong ibuprofen) usually do the trick....

I hope you're feeling better soon

Leave a comment:

• IrritatedByIC
    replied
    *Tears*

OMG, I am in tears. I have never had a flare this bad, in my life. My partner and I had sex at 10:30, we stopped, I peed at 11:30 and then we did a little bit more before we went to sleep at 12:30. I woke up at 2:30, having to go to the bathroom *SO* bad. Then, I woke up again at 4:45, and I had cramps, back pain, etc *SO* bad. I haven't been able to sleep since. I am so frustrated, tired and in *WICKED* pain. I've never experienced this pain ever. I'm overwhelmed.

Please if anyone can give me some symptom relief, please write me. I am not on any IC meds yet.

Leave a comment:

• IrritatedByIC
    replied
    Sorry you have/had so much pain/discomfort with this. You're not alone.

I have a feeling that the GP's and Uro's are going to start making the connections. Most of the times, when they make connections, it's because of us "patients." It's hard to believe in coincidence at this point. That's why it's important to share our experiences. If no one tells them, they can't make the connections.

Leave a comment:

• strobers
    replied
    That's What Started Mine

For some reason the Uro's I've seen and my general GP, refuse to see a connection between my urgency/frequency symptoms and masturbation, even though all my problems started immidiately after masturbating, which was around April 6th of this year. Although I don't have pain, the first two months or so, I would get urgency to void so bad that I would curl up in a fetal position and lay on the floor. Even after voiding, I would feel exactly the same way. It was the most horrible thing I have ever lived through.

At this point I am a lot better. Although I still get frequency and urgency, it's containable and I'm able to deal with it, although it is still annoying and affects the quality of my life. I've reached a ceiling in my recovery and I haven't been able to break through to where I was before April, which is very disheartening.

I haven't had sex with my wife or masturbated since April. Frankly, I'm too scared that I will go back to where I was in April and May. I've always wondered that if my history of chronic masturbation going back to when I was seven, and I mean sometimes two or more times a day, damaged my nerves and led to my having this problem. The last time I tried to masturbate, which was about a week after I did the first time, which started this nightmare, my orgasm wasn't even normal. It wasn't pleasureable. It was very unfullfilling. It was as if I had an internal short curcuit. The sad thing is that I can't get anybody to believe that masturbation has anything to do with my problem. Yet, all the regular tests show that I'm completely normal. My only issue continues to be frequency and urgency.

I wish I could reach inside myself, press a few buttons and pull a couple of levers so I can be normal again.

Leave a comment:

• A.J.
    replied
    Hi ladies,
    I went to the WSH forum and was so happy to see all of the topics. Thanks so much for the suggestion! Except when I tried to post it told me I wasn't allowed, even though I signed up and went to the activation link in an e-mail they sent me. Hmm....

Leave a comment:

• IrritatedByIC
    replied
    Hi Deviation,

Thanks for replying. Nice to meet you, Kirsten! Your post and the replies have most definitely helped. Nice to know that there's others out there that masturbation is their main source of intimacy. Yeah, I would say that it's the worst of all flare triggers too. It does seem *very* unfair. Yeah, the tips help cut down on the pain or prevent them, if you're lucky.

Feel free to private message me if you want to talk further, since we have so much in common.

Leave a comment:

• deviation72
    replied
    Hi IrritatedbyIC (and hi everyone else! :-) )

I'm really glad my post, and the subsequent replies, have been helpful. I posted it one night when I was in tears after yet another flare from masturbation.... and I have a female partner so manual stimulation is my main way of being intimate too! So its doubly frustrating..... I think the flares I get from this are the worst I get - worse than when I'm naughty and drink wine, eat things I shouldn't or the like. At times it just seems so unfair - but some of the tips here have been helping. The pain is still there, but not as bad - and less pain is better than no change at all.

Hope everyone is well :-)

Leave a comment:

• IrritatedByIC
    replied
    Deviation!! Thank you *SO MUCH* for posting this! Like Mena, I was *SO* excited about seeing this post too!

Masturbation is my biggest IC trigger and now I can understand why and hopefully do some of the preventative/post work to prevent getting irritated or even getting a UTI or just a flare from this.

My partner will be very happy to hear about this, since this is our main way of being intimate (because of our orientation). She and I always tried to find alternate ways, like someone mentioned, hugging, cuddling, touching, kissing, etc. But now that we can go back to this, she'll be really happy. And so will I.

Thank you *SO MUCH* again!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    I thought having an orgasm was good b/c it relaxed thre pelvic floor muscles...and that is good for IC....Am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Hi there.
    I also get more pain with orgasm. My hubby and I have not even had sex for months, close to a year probably. We try to be intimate in other ways ( cuddling, hugging, playing , etc.) But I do notice that after I orgasm, at first things feel numb down there for the first five minutes afterwards, then comes the pain. So yes, I really do believe that it can make the bladder worse since everything is connected down there, I mean all the nerves.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Mena,

What you are describing is very common with people with IC.. Its like you always have this aroused kind of feeling after reaching an orgasm..For me it never goes away I feel aroused and like I have to pee all the time. My doctor said it was nerve damage and presribed me Cymbalta and Elavil..I think I would have went crazy if the meds had not worked..
    I have been doing alot of reserch on this and have come to the conclusion for me is that I damaged the nerve from masterbation with a vibrator..The doctor said that this could very well be possible..
    Well I hope you get some relief soon..
    Also I would like to invite you to our other web site..It was created by the some wonderful person who created the ICN..

http://www.whensexhurts.com/forum/

Leave a comment:

• Mena
    replied
    Have had this for a looong time

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to have found this forum that I want to cry! I seem to get symptoms of a UTI after I've masturbated a few times in a week. It has to do with frequency with me for some reason and before my period my hormones also go nuts and I want sex, plus even if I don't, just the hormonal changes bring on the UTI symptoms.

I have noticed a pattern lately that if I masturbate frequently, I will start having those feelings of having to urinate and needing to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. There's no problem starting the urination, in fact it feels like it will just come out on its own (though so far has not without my "permission" ha ha). I am so afraid of making myself incontinent! My bladder just feels weird, not pain but not normal. It's like I'm aware of it.

I had instances in the past where my bladder would just hurt soo much and I'd have all these weird sensations and need to pee every few minutes etc.

I get this so often it's ridiculous and I have not been formally dx'd with IC but I'm talking a lifetime of this sorta stuff so I really think it is there.

When I was having pain and all, I saw a urologist who did the scope thing (wow that was uncomfortable) and he didn't see anything wrong with me. (!!!)

I was like, so why do I have to pee constantly?

And when my period's coming it always gets worse for a few days then tapers off once I get my period. I asked my gyno about it but he's kinda useless.

Anyway, I have NEVER seen anyone talk about masturbation and bladder issues as being connected before. I am a serious believer that they are. They must be! Maybe the orgasm is irritating the muscles of the bladder or irritating the urethra or something. But I feel like an idiot going to a doctor and saying , "Hi, my masturbation is causing bladder issues!" What are they gonna do for me?

I was on Detrol LA as the doc told me I have a small bladder capacity but it didn't help anything.

And you know what else is maddening? I seem to always get "aroused" when I have that feeling ofneeding to urinate. So it's a vicious cycle. And I've had that problem for like 20 years or something. I wish I could stop that feeling of needing to urinate!

Right now I am just scared that I will become incontinent or something. I had a HOT shower today to help my sinuses and I had to pee so bad when I was in there, every ten mins or so. Was it the hot water? I'm still having it and I didn't feel this bad earlier today though the IC symptoms started up the other day. And I masturbated today and the day before yesterday. ARGH!!!

Thank you for being here, ladies. I thought i was going nuts!

Leave a comment:

• lisalau
    replied
    The idea that masturbation irritates the urethra makes a lot of sense to me. Penetrative sex rarely stimulates the urethra however a lot of the pleasure of masturbation and oral sex is urethral play. I don't really understand why oral sex does not trigger the pain as much as masturbation but i have the same effect.
    You arn't alone in this but i have no answers!
    hugs

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    I'm registered on the other site, just haven't got over there yet. But I did want to address the comment about the uterus and all.

I've had a hysterectomy and I still have the same problmes that you all are having. So I don't think it's related.

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    Originally posted by jen74 View Post
    I can no longer orgasm, because if I do, I end up with severe bladder pain afterwards and it is not worth it. I get these sharp stabbing pains in my bladder after I orgasm. Lately it is just easier to avoid it all toegther it seems. All that pain is not worth that second of pleasure I guess, and for me it is more pain than pleasure. This disease stinks.
    Jen
    I get the same sort of pain after I orgasm sometimes! Not always, and not when I masturbate usually.. but definitely with sex - and if I orgasm before he does, and we continue to have sex - the pain just gets worse and worse ! Sometimes it's so bad I have to ask him to stop! I agree with you Jen, this disease DOES stink!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X