Masturbation creating flares...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me too!

I'm also joining WSH. Thanks Rhonda. I have IC and endo and don't know which one is the problem, but I have pelvic pain after masturbation. I just avoid it now. Yes, this does stink.

hugs,
    Ophelia
    Last edited by ophelia33; 07-05-2009, 08:33 AM. Reason: corrected mispelling
    Dx'd
    IC: May 2007
    GERD: 2002
    Hypothyroidism: Nov. 2007
    Major Depressive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder: 2005
    Endometriosis: lap. confirmed Sept. 2007
    PFD: June 2009
    Allergies: PCN, Sulfa-drugs, Trileptal, Topamax, nuts, shellfish, salmon, lactaid tablets
    Intolerance: dairy products

Current Tx:
    IC: Elmiron 100mg 3x/day, Heparin/Lidocaine instills 1/week, Pyridium PRN, Urelle PRN, Darvocet PRN (mostly for menstrual cramps), DH calcium carbonate+D, vitamin D, omega-3 fish oil, Prelief, IC diet
    PFD: Physical Therapy

Endometriosis: LoOvral
    GERD: Protonix
    Allergies: Flonase, Benadryl PRN, Epipen PRN
    Hypothyroidism: Synthroid
    Mental Health: Remeron, Tegretol, Psychotherapy

Tried but unlucky Tx:
    IC: atarax/vistaril, zyrtec, claritin, elavil
    GERD: aciphex, prilosec, nexium
    Endometriosis: yasmin, nordette, ortho-novum 777, lybrel
    Mental meds: paxil, lexapro, celexa, zoloft, cymbalta, luvox, prozac, effexor, wellbutrin, straterra, elavil, sinequan, emsam, trazodone, ritalin/concerta, trileptal, topamax, neurontin, depakote, lithium, seroquel, lamictal, abilify, zyprexa, risperdal, invega, geodon, klonopin, ativan, xanax, restoril, ambien, lunesta, rozerem, buspar, ECT-4 txs.

Wish: cure for all illnesses and world happiness

Comment

I don't mean to necro bump but since I am new I wanted to add that its logical that after masturbation you would want to urinate more often. Think about it. I dont mean to be graphic but you're stretching, grasping and chocking your penis and the urethra and when orgasm you make it even more tighter putting more pressure onto it for pleasure and what not. Urinating after orgasm is supposed to clean out the urethra afaic.

Me, my masturbation makes me want to urinate all the time after I am done and it was even like that before I was diagnosed with IC. Now, being diagnosed with IC, which I still laugh at till this day, its a powerful combination of hurt for a mere quick orgasm which doesnt even seem worth it doesn it? Sadly we all get sexual tension that needs to be fulfilled by any means so ;/

Don't worry you're not the only one on this one but it sucks being us. *shakes fist*

Comment

Originally posted by Noibe View Post
        I don't mean to necro bump but since I am new I wanted to add that its logical that after masturbation you would want to urinate more often. Think about it. I dont mean to be graphic but you're stretching, grasping and chocking your penis and the urethra and when orgasm you make it even more tighter putting more pressure onto it for pleasure and what not. Urinating after orgasm is supposed to clean out the urethra afaic.
        Good to have the male perspective here. I am the original poster and I'm female, and most of us were talking from a female perspective. Of course the mechanics of our bits work differently but we clearly all share the same experience of this flaring up our IC
        Kiki

"...I have spread my dreams under your feet;
        Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

W.B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

Diagnosed with IC 11/02
        Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 2/06

Comment

Re: Masturbation creating flares...?

Hey all, it's me again almost 10 years later. I got married, then had a child in 2008, and here I am it's 2016 and I still have the same symptoms. Just before my period my bladder goes into hyper sensitive mode and I have to pee all the time. The past year on and off I have also had instances where I lose a few drops of urine as well during this time and it resolves in a cyclical manner. It all goes with my hormones. Before the period is the worst, it's like a special window just for flares. I am also really aroused at this time of the month so sex could just be a double whammy. Hubby and I have abstained from sex sometimes solely because I just don't want to deal with bladder problems and at least he's very understanding about it but it's a huge problem because we both want to have sex and this is getting in the way. But how to do it when you are terrified of the possible painful consequences that go on day after day afterwards? Seems an awful punishment for having a short period of pleasure. Most of the time I just don't feel it is worth the trouble.

My gyno gave me Cipro to take before sex to avoid UTI's but that's not going to do anything for the irritation because that part is not an infection. But how to masturbate or have any sexual contact without upsetting the status quo downstairs?

One urologist I went to (oh yeah I had another scope thing done some years back as well) thought I should go to a pelvic floor therapy person but at the time I didn't have insurance so I never pursued it. Has anyone done that and has it helped at all?

I also have a mild cystocele now and mild prolapse of the uterus to add to the matter.

How has life been treating all of you?

Comment

Working...
          X