Can't have sex for 6 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't have sex for 6 weeks!

I saw my Gyno about 3 weeks ago.I was Complaining about painful sex and discomfort. When examining me she noticed how swollen and inflamed i was inside my vagina. I have been using this special cream for that area. She also demanded me to stop having sex for 6 weeks. I just wanted to know if this is normal with IC? Does anyone else experience so much pain. That they had to see their gyno?

I have always had pain during sex. My whole life. But I always thought it was related to my female problems. Well female parts are gone and I still have pain. So I would say that Yes IC has alot to do with it.

I love my gyn so much I am so glad for her!!! I hate the URO I saw first going to find another one.

Anyways I hope u know u are not alone.

Since my Hyst I have not been able to enjoy sex in a very long time, my hyst was in dec. I just have not been able to get back into the swing of things just yet. It truly hurts!!
    Live your life to YOUR best, and Love to YOUR best!!!

DX in 03 with Shingles
    Removal of Left ovary due to Cyst in 2005,
    I have had cyst since I started my period as a child age 12
    Hysterecotmy December 06
    IC DX March 07 by PST
    2 "rescue" instills in March 07
    Cyco May 07 confirmed IC
    Uro study June 07
    1st Pain Block July 17,08
    Hydro/Cysto Nov 11, 2008
    12-11-08 was told I had alot of inflamation

Meds: Allergic to 6 things
    Premarin......taking the gen cause I get it at Walmart for 4$$
    Presique for my drepression :woohoo:
    Abilify for my depression
    Adderall ...found out I'm ADD...makes sense now
    Kolopin for anxiety
    Noroco for my pain
    Valtrex for my shingles as needed

Sorry if my spelling is off on the meds [/FONT]

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

I haven't been able to have intercourse for two years -- I think you can probably survive six weeks. And remember, there are a lot of different ways of making love, and they don't all involve intercourse! You'll probably get better responses and more information of the WhenSexHurts board. Good luck!
      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I always have painful sex as well, so I believe it is related to IC! But go to the website, whensexhurts, they have lots of good tips that can be helpful!

Comment

I have to say that abstaining when I was at my worst was the best thing to do. Yes there are other things you can do, but if you're that inflamed, like your dr says, abstaining from intercourse can give your body some time to heal. best wishes...hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Working...
          X