• ic-debra
    replied
    About that asparagus smell...

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/43/1671_51089

Leave a comment:

• ICchell
    replied
    SueP1 ROFLMBO!!!!!!
    That is too funny about the asparagus!!!

I haved asked people about the weird smell after eating asparagus,they're like "What are you talking about!".
    Then they came back and said "Now I know what you mean about the smell".
    Wonder what causes this??
    Chell

Leave a comment:

• DeeOwlgrl
    replied
    Hi all!
    When my IC first kicked in, my urine also gave off a terribly foul odor. I, too, was at a loss as to what was causing it, because I wasn't eating anything different, and I had been checked repeatedly for infections with negative results. No matter how much water I drank, the smell was always the same, and I just knew something had to be horribly wrong, because it had NEVER smelled that way before. Anyway, as I got the IC under control and my symptoms eased up, the odor gradually disappeared, and I haven't had it anymore.

hugs to all,
    Dee

Leave a comment:

• SueP1
    replied
    I have noticed urine smells really bad after eating asparagus, so I wouldn't be surprised if more foods cause this! :o

Leave a comment:

• Laura E
    replied
    HI..i was told i have odor because of how often i urinate...that was the reason i got. I do have that smell and i jsut hate it. I dont understand the infection part the doctor told you. I get embarrassed of it. I have to wear a pad everyday and change it alot ..i seem to have a leakage problem!! that is another thing that gets sickening..going broke buying pads!!! lol I gotta laugh or im gonna cry about it all, ya know??? lol

Leave a comment:

• Laura E
    replied
    HI..i was told i have odor because of how often i urinate...that was the reason i got. I do have that smell and i jsut hate it. I dont understand the infection part the doctor told you. I get embarrassed of it. I have to wear a pad everyday and change it alot ..i seem to have a leakage problem!! that is another thing that gets sickening..going broke buying pads!!! lol I gotta laugh or im gonna cry about it all, ya know??? lol

Leave a comment:

• ic-debra
    replied
    It sounds to me like you should consider changing urologists. This one seems uninformed. The definition of IC is that there is NO infection.

Leave a comment:

• radstudent
    replied
    I notice that sometimes I too have a smell coming from "down there". I do not know what causes it. I do not have any type of infections.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeCandle224
    replied
    Not to be nosy, but is it a fishy type odor? If so that is a sign of a possible STD or bacterial vaginosis. Especially AFTER sex and he has ejaculated inside you, if you smell that fishy smell I'd be checking it out fast. Any type of vaginal infection can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease and MUST be treated or it can lead to infertility.

Good luck.....Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Laurelmarie2
    replied
    I know exactly what your talking about. Its disgusting. Lots of water will take the acidity of it down. I shower alll the time lol.

Leave a comment:

• jaxmdunn
    replied
    Thanks for all of your input...it really helps!! I went to both then gyn and uro and it is my urine that smells constantly (they said from IC, maybe from meds too??) and my bladder leaking a little on panties makes the smell more apparent. Guess I have to deal with it frown

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Some foods and medications can cause foul smelling urine. Insufficient fluid intake can also be a factor, especially if the urine looks fairly dark colored and murky.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• erinaj1997
    replied
    Jacqueline,
    Definitely ck with your gyn about the BV. I had that also and it does smell. You would also have a discharge that is almost like a grayish color.

The only time I notice that my urine smells is when I'm taking OTC Pyridium. I don't know if it's the dye in it or what. BUT eek YUCK

Erin

Leave a comment:

• ICyuck
    replied
    I found this quote on some holistic health site doing a google search so at least some people are having this foul-smelling urine even with IC....because it says "both types of cystitis (UTI's and IC) can have all these symptoms..."

XXXXXXXXXxx
    Both kinds hurt like hell. IC hurts like hell recurrently, and, sometimes hurts like hell without cessation.

Signs and symptoms of both types of cystitis can include:

burning pain on urination
    lower abdominal pain
    frequent need to urinate (up to 60 times a day!)
    excessive urge to urinate at night
    turbid, foul-smelling or dark urine
    And my personal "favorite"

intense pain during intercourse

Leave a comment:

• ICyuck
    replied
    Hi, Mayray! I actually had BV once, and a yeast infection once in my life, so I know what each of them smell like....and the icky IC pee smell is something entirely different, at least for me, LOL!

It smells EXACTLY the same as if I had an active UTI - you know how your urine smells icky when you have a raging infection? That's exactly how my urine smells (and looks cloudy and dirty) when I am flaring but they say, no germs.

No germs in my vagina, either, besides normal flora.

So some of us...we just have IC pee smell...maybe it's rare, I dunno...

Love, ICY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X