vibrators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrators?

I am having a really hard time with sex and my husband and I don't like the PT in my area. I was thinking a vibrator would help relax those muscles so I could possibly have sex again. The ones on the ICN just look too big for me and ladies I don't want to go poking around those sites. Can anyone tell me where I can get a very small vibrator. I was reading someone had one they put on there finger that sounds nice but I have never seen anything like that. Any help would be great. Its so depressing I am envious of other couples all the time. I just want to be as NORMAL as possible.
    Thanks

I personally can't do the vibrators - it overstimulates my muscles and makes my pelvic floor dysfunction worse. Have you tried any form of muscle relaxer? Is there another PT you could see? I would definately mention this to your doctor - the sex part of IC is absolutely been the hardest part for me to accept and deal with- it is better now - but I still have to "plan" in case it causes me a flare up.

DX IC Aug 2007 -DX PFD July 2007
    Severe Allergies since 18 months old
    Meds:Aterax 25 mg @ night (only during allergy season - now)
    Valium 2.5 to 5 mg 2x per day for PFD
    Elavil 50 mg @ night
    Bladder Instillations (at home) 3x per week -
    My recipe is: Lidocaine, Heparin and Sodium Bicarb

Comment

No there aren't any other pt's that I can see here in my area. I think i have found what i am looking for thought thank you.

Comment

There are so many vibrators shapes and sizes. When I got the first one for PT was the size of my index finger if not slimmer. I started with that 2 minutes a day pushing down and to the sides, gently. Do not push up to the bladder and urethra. Then I changed to a bigger vibrator, a little smalled that a penis. and I was doing as my PT indicated me.
        I had a problem when she started internal work with her finger, we probbaly over did it + I got a yeast infection. So I decided to put PT on hold for a few months already.
        When I start again I'll go back to the tiny vibrator, and use it to massage teh muscles, I'll turn on the vibrator mode for maybe 1- 2 minutes only. Then I can scalate again to bigger but I won't use the vibrator mode in the big ones (again when I say big I refer to nothing larger that a penis - b/c you can see they sell some the size of a fire extinguisher LOL)
        I'd leave then inside for a few minutes holding and pushing down GENTLY.
        I'll use them more as dilators.
        Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
        UTIs since mid 2004
        Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
        IC dx 3/2006
        V V dx 12/2006
        Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
        Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
        Cysta Q (since 5/07)
        Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
        D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
        Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
        Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
        Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
        Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
        Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
        Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
        BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

I personally use the MAGIC BULLET, it is a perfect little size and gets the job done for both sexual relations with my husband, and for the work I need to do advised by my PT.
          I think if you do a google search you can see it. it is like the size of my THUMB but a bit rounder....perfect size!!

Peace

Last edited by bluetou; 11-13-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I saw the one that goes on your finger in Walgreen's. Kathi
            One Day At A Time
            Kathi

Comment

Originally posted by Kathi View Post
              I saw the one that goes on your finger in Walgreen's. Kathi
              So, walgreens sell vibrators? was it a vibrator or is there a device similar to it?

I'll rather go to walgreens and get them that a sex shop.
              UTIs since mid 2004
              IC dx 3/2006
              V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
              Cysta Q (since 5/07)

BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

My PT hasn't mentioned anything about using vibrators to help loosen the muscles. I do have a set of graduated dilators (bad vulvodynia, vestibulitis, pelvic floor dysfunction, etc...) to help stretch the opening and muscles, but I don't do anything with them once they're inside. I just let them sit for 30min and try to relax. Actually, any movement of them (insertion and removal) causes pain. Oddly enough the removal always causes a weird hot sensation in my urethra and bladder. Ugh. I get discouraged easily about how effective they are. I can work my way up to the large dilator but only if I use topical lidocaine first, and even then it causes muscle spasms. AND if I don't use them daily, it's like starting from square one.
                Lifelong IC symptoms, only diagnosed Oct 08 with cysto/hydro; lifetime IC has led to pelvic floor dysfunction, uterine prolapse, and vulvodynia. Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by allipal View Post
                  My PT hasn't mentioned anything about using vibrators to help loosen the muscles. I do have a set of graduated dilators (bad vulvodynia, vestibulitis, pelvic floor dysfunction, etc...) to help stretch the opening and muscles, but I don't do anything with them once they're inside. I just let them sit for 30min and try to relax....
                  Allipal, that's what I think makes more sense: to use dilators, but where do you get them???? + my PT and former gyne keep talikng about vibrators and massaging the muscles.

Are they different from vibrators?, you can get vibratos at any size, and also leave them there without using the vibrator mode. Sicne I have yeast issues I don't like using the vibrator mode because it may stir things up.

I havent' used a vibrator or done any PT since June!
                  You really have to start slowly with this process, like 2 min a day and increase 1 min a day until you can reach 20 as a goal. I was doing it for 10 minutes already but them teh internal work with teh PT messed things up and "no mo".
                  My advice: do not push things up t the urethra the idea is to massage the sides and push down, not up. of course, gently.
                  Last edited by Angeles; 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM.
                  UTIs since mid 2004
                  IC dx 3/2006
                  V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
                  Cysta Q (since 5/07)

Comment

I got them through my PT actually. There are inexpensive and very basic. They're just smooth plastic cylinders with a rounded end. I've been off and on with PT for awhile now. Starting after Thanksgiving I've scheduled 7weeks straight with one session per week. She's hoping that if the diet and meds can calm down the IC issues muscles will finally start to relax more and her internal work will be more effective.

Since I'm not in a relationship currently, I've honestly lost my motivation to address the pelvic floor and vulvodynia issues. If I'm not headed towards marriage (and therefore a sex life) soon, why should I be bothering trying to get stretched out? I was much more into trying to fix this when I was in a serious relationship that was supposed to lead to marriage... but exBF couldn't handle the waterfall of health problems I got thrown under this year (and I think the prospect of us not having a normal sex life made it easier to leave and move on to someone not so complicated-- and someone he didn't have to wait for marriage to have sex with. Gotta love shallow men!).

But, I guess it's necessary to try to be healthier all around regardless of relationship status, right? So back to PT I go. I tried the medium one by itself last night (I've been non-compliant for awhile)... and it was so painful. I had worked my way up to the large one (if used with lidocaine cream and starting with the medium one first for 10minutes)... but now I'm back a step. Grrrrrr.
                    Lifelong IC symptoms, only diagnosed Oct 08 with cysto/hydro; lifetime IC has led to pelvic floor dysfunction, uterine prolapse, and vulvodynia. Fun!

Comment

Thanks for replying back Allipal. I'm sorry you had to go through that relationship issue. I hear you. For some reason, I still feel there's true love out there...and I can tell you that better be alone that with a looser/shallow man! I can picture that kind of man as the type that would fall apart under the first real problem they have to face himself.

IC & VV are not the only things that can go wrong in a relationship. I've see a man divorcing a dear friend after she was battling leukemia for several years....who wants to be with that kind of man?????

Going back to you. I'm glad that you are focusing on your PT, I think you should be your first priority and the most important LOVE is the love to yourself.
                      Again, thank you for replying and the information on dilators.
                      I truly hope you get this under control...and keep yourself sexually fit...for your own health not for a man.
                      Take care
                      Angeles
                      UTIs since mid 2004
                      IC dx 3/2006
                      V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
                      Cysta Q (since 5/07)

Comment

Thanks everyone,
                        It can be real intimidating looking at these vibrators I am just way to modest for this stuff. I would never even think to look at wallgreens either. THanks for that one Kathi I will have to check it out. I am just so tight all the time. Thank you for all your sugestions.

Comment

I use one when my bf and I have sex and it helps ease the tension/pain. Worth a try! You can buy small ones at adult stores.
                          24 year old female
                          Diagnosed age 18 with IC
                          conditions: IC, IBS-C, PFD, TMJ, a-typical facial pain

Currently taking:
                          -2 Elmiron 100mg capsules 2x a day

Pelvic Floor Therapy 1x per month.
                          Acupuncture 2x per week starting 1/18/10.

Comment

You an also consider valium as a pelvic floor muscle relaxer, it helps. I.e Take 5 or 10 mg 40 min before sex. It relaxes the muscles so it is not so painful. It also helps so that you don't get all anxious about pain etc and contract yourself more. Some use valium vaginal suppositories before sex.
                            whatever helps is worht trying
                            UTIs since mid 2004
                            IC dx 3/2006
                            V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
                            Cysta Q (since 5/07)

Comment

Working...
                            X