No announcement yet.

Urethral burning after sex???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't imagine having sex when in pain..or knowing it will burn..or any man who would want a woman to have sex w/him when she hurts..unless he is selfish.. I am grateful I'm not w/a man like that..No one should ever do anything they don't want to..for any reason period..or it's abusive to me..towards ourselves, but I wish you well just the same. It also seems to me, if it requires that much work, it's not worth it. Fortunately there are many way to feel better w/o penetration..and as you get older it's much better because you know each others bodies so well by then..if you paid attention :-) Good luck to you. I hope you put your own needs first always.
    Never take no from someone not qualified to give you the yes, you deserve.

Comment

hey i have the same problem with the burning. it usually doesn't last for hours though. usually last maybe an hour the most and than the throbbing starts. it sucks. its seems to only happen if my husband ejacs. inside me. if he pulls out it doesn't hurt has bad. Does anyone know what this is and how to help it.

Comment

I also use lots of lubrication and an ice pack after sex. The ice pack helps numb it a bit so the pain goes away sooner. If I use ice afterwards, it seems to hurt less the next day too. Currently we use astroglide, but I may try that liquid silk, it sounds pretty good.

I wish so much that we didn't have to go through painful sex. It has been stressing my marriage out since a lot of the time I am hurting too much to do anything, and even if I'm doing okay, there is still usually pain during.
        Lisa
        IC and IBS

Comment

Burning after sex

One of my doctors said to use some Replens at times, not when having sex. I found that did help a little bit. The only one that has helped is K-Y jelly. The other kinds didn't help me at all. Plus, this may sound a bit personal, but it only is with less or no pain with me on the top. Wow, never in my 45 years of marriage have I ever gotten this personal. Guess I won't breathe a word of this email to my husband as he wouldn't appreciate my discussion of it, but if it gives you another idea to work on to have less pain. Keep trying, it is well worth the effort!!

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustme
            hey i have the same problem with the burning. it usually doesn't last for hours though. usually last maybe an hour the most and than the throbbing starts. it sucks. its seems to only happen if my husband ejacs. inside me. if he pulls out it doesn't hurt has bad. Does anyone know what this is and how to help it.
            i have the same exact problem.....i was beging to think i was the only weirdo allergic to sperm or something
            Erika
            wife to Jeremy
            mom to Emma (3-8-05)
            and Natalie (7-23-07)

Meds i'm currently taking:
            Lortab as needed for pain

Meds that did not help:
            Detrol LA
            Lexapro (caused urgency)
            Amatryptaline 10mg once a day (helped IC but made me feel like CRAP)

Comment

I too have the pain after sex. I have to say it is usually worst if I don't climax I use pyridium and a cold cloth when it is really bad then go to sleep with the heating pad between my legs. My husband gets very frustrated and I have to remind him that it is not him its me. Then I start to feel like a weirdo. I just found out that I had IC and I am so glad that I am not the only one who experiences difficulties like this.
              Selena

Comment

Need of desperate help!!!!

I have this awful stingy/burning pain from sex. It's been almost 2 weeks. I took meds and used ice/heating pads. It seems nothing is working for me. Is there any other way to decrease this pain???I talked to my PT and she suggested that I continue my Kegal exercise and do other exercise, which is I put my finger down there and hold it for few second and slowly relase it. I haven't done this exercise for a while because I am in so much pain. I cannot imagine putting my finger where I already have so much pain. any advice ????
                Aya

IC Diagnosed in September, 2005

My conditions are : IC, PFD, Allergies, and Constipation

"It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you."

— Oprah Winfrey

Comment

It sounds as if an IC flare has been triggered. Please don't let this bad time set you back from trying again when you get past it. In the meantime just go back to your what I call "square one" to get rid of the horrible flare. Use the water bottle to rinse yourself off after each urination, drink LOTS of water, eat only what is allowed on the IC diet, and whatever else you need to do to get rid of the flare. I am in my "square one" right now again.

Then prepare yourself for the next time. Drink plenty of water before sex, urinate right before and immediately afterward. Hey, that doesn't sound very sexy, but romantic music, your wonderful, understanding husband and just being together and taking your time to be together will be all the romance you need.

The longer you are married, the more you will find that just being together is the greatest bond you can have and give. It doesn't always have to be the ultimate fulfillment, but just the feeling of being truly in love with him and only him. How much you appreciate him and what he has done and is doing for you. Never forget how much to let him know how wonderful he is, even when you are in pain. Yes, it is easier to be crabby, I know. But I have days when I don't know which is worse, my spine, my fibro, or my IC, but I try to smile and not take it out on others. In our 45 years of marriage, my husband has had to put up with a great deal of medical problems.

Somehow I feel that I feel that any person that takes care of a spouse who has IC must be pretty special. We need to take care of them!!!

Sorry that I have taken all this space, but I did want to give you encouragement to NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Comment

It's good to hear that I'm not alone one that experiences after sex burning. I'm feeling a bit down this evening because when my husband tried to initiate sex (this afternoon) I rejected him. I know I'm going to burn afterword, and I just didn't want to deal with that this evening. I like to do it right before bed, because then I can take a warm bath, a pain killer, and just go to bed. It all takes so much time though. Why can't we just be spontaneous like normal married couples? I feel like he's irritated with me, but he says he's not. Poor man. I wish I could give him that pleasure that he desires.

It's funny, today my husband, Michael was talking about how drinking alcohol may be fun at the time, but it makes him feel so crummy afterwards, so he doesn't do it at all. Later, I pointed out to him that that's like sex to me. He said, "but that's different." ha!

Diagnosed in February 2002 at age 17
                    Current treatment:
                    Elavil, Elmiron
                    Ultracet - when needed
                    IC diet

Comment

April, I know how you feel. I am going back and forth between my uro and PT. I just cannot imagine the pain after sex. I try not to think about it too much, but it's just so hard when you have to deal flare all the time. My PT told me how I have to PLAN to have sex with my hubby. Do this, and try that and so on.... Hah, I know we have to PLAN to have sex. we cannot be spontaneous anymore. It's so frustrating. I feel bad for my hubby and not getting enough action. I rarely initiate sex. My hubby is the one who always asking poor man. Well, I guess that's a part of my life that I have to deal with for the rest of my life.
                      Aya

IC Diagnosed in September, 2005

My conditions are : IC, PFD, Allergies, and Constipation

"It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you."

— Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Re: Urethral burning after sex???

So I am really new to this but have a couple questions. I'm seeing this incredible woman who was diagnosed with IC a few months back. Being the geek that I am, I tried to absorb as much about the condition, how it affects her and what I can do to help. Did I mention she's incredible?

We have great sex. Nothing in the foreplay or during sex seemed to be a problem. It's after the act. She experiences the burning urethra that gets so bad she'll go for an installation. I feel absolutely horrible because I feel it's something that I'm causing her. So I geeked out and found my way to these forums and really appreciate the advice. We slowly are incorporating some of the tricks and techniques described in some of these threads. I feel like we're making some progress.

So my questions:
                        1. I don't know if she's being kind but she tells me I'm larger than what she's used to in size since IC. Does size matter or do you just need to know how to stay away from certain areas of her vaginal area, key sexual positions, taking your time by being gentle, lubrication! and having a proper before and after sex routine?
                        2. She's mentioned that she has to stay away from certain foods because they will cause discomfort. We both enjoy when I ejaculate inside her. If I'm not (yet) on the IC diet, do I have "things" in my ejaculate that may be contributing to this burning after sex condition?

I really care very much about my girlfriend and we've even discussed long term future plans together. I want that future with her so badly. I also want to be a source of support when she's not feeling well. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Re: Urethral burning after sex???

Originally posted by Amonty72 View Post
                          So I am really new to this but have a couple questions. I'm seeing this incredible woman who was diagnosed with IC a few months back. Being the geek that I am, I tried to absorb as much about the condition, how it affects her and what I can do to help. Did I mention she's incredible?

We have great sex. Nothing in the foreplay or during sex seemed to be a problem. It's after the act. She experiences the burning urethra that gets so bad she'll go for an installation. I feel absolutely horrible because I feel it's something that I'm causing her. So I geeked out and found my way to these forums and really appreciate the advice. We slowly are incorporating some of the tricks and techniques described in some of these threads. I feel like we're making some progress.

So my questions:
                          1. I don't know if she's being kind but she tells me I'm larger than what she's used to in size since IC. Does size matter or do you just need to know how to stay away from certain areas of her vaginal area, key sexual positions, taking your time by being gentle, lubrication! and having a proper before and after sex routine?
                          2. She's mentioned that she has to stay away from certain foods because they will cause discomfort. We both enjoy when I ejaculate inside her. If I'm not (yet) on the IC diet, do I have "things" in my ejaculate that may be contributing to this burning after sex condition?

I really care very much about my girlfriend and we've even discussed long term future plans together. I want that future with her so badly. I also want to be a source of support when she's not feeling well. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated.
                          There's a post at https://www.ic-network.com/forum/sho...t=Jen%27s+tips that may be helpful for you.

Donna
                          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                          X