Lack of... getting OLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of... getting OLD

Ok, so my hubby and I are normally very sexual people. We ENJOY teasing and touching each other. Well, it's been almost a month sine I enjoyed that. First it was my period. Then he got sick with the crud and he was feeling awful. Then I had it. Now he's quit chewing and is being a WITCH, so I don't want him anywhere near me until his attitude changes. Now, I am getting ready to start AGAIN. Normal for us is at least 3-4 times a week. I even popped outside earlier this week in my bra and undies (before the kids got home) and told him that if he hurried, he'd have about 20 minutes to 'do me'. He was not in the mood. I can't take it anymore. But, I have no choice. Just have to wait it out. Just needed to vent.

Michelle

HI Michelle,
    Well, I can tell you this, my husband has a long term chronic illness and takes lots of meds. There are many days he just does not feel good. It has had an impact on that aspect of our lives. But yet, there is no doubt in both of our minds how much we love each other.

Just stay caring and compassionate and let him know that when he feels better, you are ready and willing. If it is a day when you are not feeling good, tell him.

As far as your period goes, there have been many days I have just thrown a towel on the bed. Yup, it's a little messy, but that is a price I have been willing to pay.
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Hi Michelle, sorry you are feeling down about this... I bet it will pass soon

As for your period, my husband and I go for it regularly during mine...my period is pretty "light" since I'm on the Pill, but we put a towel down in case, and then shower together afterwards.

Jen
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

We used to be able to ignore the period when I was younger. (like I'm 90 or something) But now my periods are so painful and HEAVY that I can not even THINK about it. I'd have to use a beach towel... folded over 4 X !!! Not so enjoyable.

I know this will pass, but I can complain about it for now. I sure can't complain to him about it. Been there. Tried that.

Michelle

Comment

One thing that I have heard and in my case it has been true, the big O, can help with cramps. Have you mentioned to your gyno about the pain? Maybe something else is going on to cause it.
          Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
          http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

No, I have not seen my gyno for years. I just have a pap from my GP and that's that. Last time I went to a gyno for pain I was told I was nuts. This was pre-IC-dx. I might mention it to the nurse practitioner next time I actually go to the Doc. She seems really easy to talk to. But, I've only seen her once.

Oh, BTW ~ He is sucking up. It seems he and his boss closed up shop today and he came home at 11:30 to tell me he was going fishing with his boss. So off he went with his fishing poles and he and Glen went out on Norfork lake to fish. Well, as he was leaving, I said something to him like "Yeah, have fun fishing. It's not like you would want to come home early to just spend the afternoon in bed with me" So, he got home about 5:15 and ate dinner. He's since then done the dishes and is folding socks right now. He's even volunteered to stay up with the puppy tonight. It's my night for that.

Still not happy with him though.

Comment

Pain with periods is NOT normal. Go to Ivillage.com and read the GYN letters. Find a new GYN...you might have endo or something. I'm sorry you and your husband are having problems. I hope he gets back to normal soon. Nicotine is a very powerful drug. You should be very proud of him for stopping.

Comment

ONLY..If and until YOU really want to but not until...don't do anything sexual..Too many women do it for the guilt or for the wrong reason..or to make men happy.. This isn't healthy or right for yu emotionally.. Think about what you are really angry about w/him..Let him win you over..in YOUR time not his..It'll do wonders to be "dated" again..Try this..Just my opinion..:-)
                Never take no from someone not qualified to give you the yes, you deserve.

Comment

Working...
                X