Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 months

Well ladies

After 14 months, my husband and I finally had sex last night. What a relief...Not that I haven't been "helping" him for the past 14 months but now we managed a wee bit of fun for me...i could only handle about 4-5 minutes of "vaginal penetration" and he was very careful, despite the "newness" of it for him. Anyway....I'm feeling like I'm one step closer to some normalcy in my life. (we used to "do it" at least once a week, so this has been very difficult)
    I'm hoping I can figureout some other positions we can try....oh well...for now, it's all good.

Tracey
    I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
    90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
    Percocet as needed
    Topomax 100mg day
    Ambien 10 mg bed
    desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    Albert Einstein

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you both.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Katrina:

Thanks...I am in a flare now...I hope it wasn't due to sex. I would be bummed.

Thanks....Tracey
      I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Percocet as needed
      Topomax 100mg day
      Ambien 10 mg bed
      desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I do sometimes flare after sex but I will put up with that. I am glad you and your husband had a nice time.
        Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want him to know I'm in a flare or he'd be too scared to touch me again. He doesn't like to think he's causing me any pain.

Tracey

Percocet as needed
          Topomax 100mg day
          Ambien 10 mg bed
          desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Very nice! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

I hope your flare wasn't caused by your evening.

Comment

My husband is the same way hehe

Originally posted by MakinIT
              Yeah, but I don't want him to know I'm in a flare or he'd be too scared to touch me again. He doesn't like to think he's causing me any pain.

Tracey
              Angela aka sleepyangel30

Comment

I often feel fortunate that he is understanding of the facts of my illness. but I feel terrible because I know that men, especially have a higher need for "it" than, I think, most women...although I do enjoy "it" and have missed it terribly. Unfortunately, now, I gotta pay for it...Ha, Ha, Ha...it didn't mean that literally, I meant it..well you know...I just hope it's not another 14 months. unfortunately, my husband and I don't get together very often, in something other than a sexual sense...It seems to be our only time for intimacy and we are really trying to find new ways to get together, emotionally as well. This disease (or any chronic disease I suppose) is so insidious because of aallll the ways it affects you and your family.

Tracey

Percocet as needed
                Topomax 100mg day
                Ambien 10 mg bed
                desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

The first thing my uro told me after DX was.."No sex"..and if i did,, "To use a lot of lubrication and try backwards so you don't hit the bladder. (which is front of the vagina) also, after sex urinate right away.. and rinse off..use iced jell packs wrapped in paper towels. for after burning"..which she says can occur up to 24-48 hours later". For me it hurts right away afterwards...I had to stop.
                  It's been y e a r s...for me.. I just can't w.o a flare and severe swelling in the abdominal area for days..Thank goodness I have a husband w/a heart who understands...Lucky you, I hope it never bothers you, but I nevet met anyone w/IC who can have sex..Are you all young??
                  Never take no from someone not qualified to give you the yes, you deserve.

Comment

I'm almost 39, he's 41. (Wow, seems wierd to type that)...I'm supposed to be in part of my sexual peak and this is just a complete bummer...(You wanna but then the psychological part of your brain kicks in and says..."no,no,no...remember pain) The Pelvic Floor Therapy I did really helped, but it still is enough pain that I just don't know...maybe I just have to consider it getting into "shape" ....(Umm..bad visual...I'm speaking from an athletic perspective) He is frustrated, but a very mature man. Not enough to leave me or have an affair.....One of the things we have to learn to do is to connect emotionally, and if he'd just hold me and kiss me more often, even knowing it won't lead to the big "O" , I think our marriage would be even stronger. (we've been together for 20 years..married for 11) Lots of water, stress and tears under the bridge...He is so set and such a rock I can't imagine him even considering anything else. I just want to not make him feel like he's alone in his sexuality.

Yes..we do use the ol lube up job but the back position is very painful for me...no fun at all, I think cause of his "anatomy" and how he hits me. He's also very tentative until instinct takes over then I'm like OW, Ow, ow,,,

Enough graphics, eh?

Tracey

Percocet as needed
                    Topomax 100mg day
                    Ambien 10 mg bed
                    desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X