Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Have Pain In Bend of Leg Beside Vaginal Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Have Pain In Bend of Leg Beside Vaginal Area?

I am so frustrated! My husband and I tried to have sex today. I used the guidelines on the forum. I have a problem when I try to raise my right leg I have bad pain in the bend of my leg next to my vagina. We tried different positions but when I was comfortable my husband could not get correctly aligned for him. Finally he said he was giving up. He has been acting angry ever since. I did all I could and don't feel too good after trying to be intimate for him and having him just get upset. It just makes me want to cry. I was diagnosed in November 2010 and this is the first time we have tried to have sex due to my pain. I have finally been feeling better after the Elmiron has kicked in and I had 9bladder instills. That's why I thought we could try. Now I wish I had never tried. Does anyone else have the pain like this? I rubbed lidocaine jel on it before we started but it didn't help. I just really needed to vent.

Pain in Vaginal Area

I have pain all over 'my area'. i have not had intercourse with my partner for over a year. too painful. he is very understanding and we enjoy each other in 'other ways'. be creative. go to a respectful well lit sex shop and get some ideas. If you husband is committed to you through sickness and health he will work with you.
    good luck and have fun

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Thank you for your comments. I will try to find some other way to have intimacy with my husband. Since that bad experience, I am reluctant to try anything. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to get them.

Comment

OK graphic sex talk

OK, I hope I don't offend anyone so if you will get offended by sex talk DON'T READ!. This has been a huge problem for my husband and me, we've been married for 20 years and have three kids.

When I orgasm I get pain. At first just penetration caused pain but like 2-3 hours later. We did a lot of oral and hand stuff for awhile but recently I've actually been able to have sex.

Doggie style is ok if he doesn't pound to hard. Also I lay on my left side, keep my left leg straight and right one bent towards my chest, he enters from behind. I think this works because his penis can only get 1/2 way in. I always take a muscle relaxer after and sleep with a heating pad.

So try laying on your right side with that leg straight and left bent.

I hope I didn't offend any one. This has been such a huge issue for us. My husband is 47 but he has a sex drive of an 18 year old, I was hoping he'd slow down!

Suzanne

Comment

Not offended!

Suzanne,

I know this is a touchy subject but we are in the real world and facts are facts. My hubby and I have been married over 30 years. Sweetie, he's 66 and his still very interested in sex but with IC I'm not so interested when I know it will hurt me. I was so upset with the experience we had I haven't even mentioned it again. I tried to tell him I would help him out but he said no so I haven't asked again. I will ask later when my feelings recover. It is sad that they don't understand what we go through with our IC. Anyway thank you for responding. I hope all goes well with you and for us too.

God bless.

Comment

I have noticed when me and my hubby do more foreplay before having sex it doesnt hurt as bad. Not sure if its because the muscles are relaxed more. The only position I can tolerate is on top. If it hurts to much we have to do oral stuff...
            Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

I get that same pain in the same spot, not during sex but when sitting. I'm thinking it may be a muscle related thing though.

My PT is awesome and explained to me that there is a muscle that runs right next to the wall of the vagina that is connected to your hip and leg. If that muscle is being tweaked weird, it could cause the pain you're describing. Have you looked into Pelvic Floor therapy? I've started that with my PT and it's doing a great job. Even just understanding which muscles and nerves lay where was helpful for me and my partner.
              Clark College Junior, wanting to go to UW for Fine Art Degree
              Major: Fine Art
              Taking a course in medical transcription, must work from home
              IC diagnosed 07/07
              PFD developed sometime during late 07
              Uterine Cyst removed 12/09
              Chronic Pelvic pain developed in 09
              Chronic Back Pain developed in 09
              Possible vulvodynia

Medications: Elmiron, Detrol LA, BC, Prosed DS, Celexa for anxiety, depression, and pain,
              No longer taking: Atarax (No help),Amytriptalene (no effect, became suicidal), Ditropan (no effect), Probiotics (sick to stomach), Bactrim (hopefully cleared up my UTI!), avoiding Pyridium unless absolutely needed (sick to stomach), Prozac (helped anxiety, no pain relief), Pamelor (gained nearly 20 lbs in a short time, no anxiety relief), Valium, Vicodin, percocet (none of these meds even touch my pain >_<)

Current Therapies: acupuncture, heat, Vicodin if needed, lots of laying down, gaming as a distraction, Pain Management classes started 9/22, Wanting to try TENS therapy

Comment

Working...
              X