X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHoef7702
    replied
    Re: Pain after sex

I will do. I just was using coconut oil because it is good for you. Wasn't sure if there was something like that, thay helps with getting rid of bacteria like coconut oil. I think May be that might be the issue since it didn't start until we started using that

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Originally posted by MHoef7702 View Post
    I have called my doctor's office and left 2 voicemails for her nurse (her nurse is terrible) and she finally called me back and said that I would have to wait a week until the doctor returned for an answer. So I am just waiting for a return phone call at this point. I don't have another appointment for 2 months. I have heard of people talking about this on support groups, that their husbands have experienced the same temporary pain, but they haven't gotten an answer. I am just concerned for him. The only lubricant we use is organic coconut oil. I would try intercourse without the coconut oil, but I am not sure what else to use that will not irritate me. Of course my pain lasts much longer than his if not lubricated properly.

I am hoping my doctor will have an answer. Just wasn't sure if anyone else has experienced this or had any kind of knowledge on the subject
    You might want to try a different lubricant to see if that's the problem.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• MHoef7702
    replied

I honestly don't think it is a UTI, but you're right it is worth ruling out. I will have him set up an appointment to get checked. Just doesn't seem like that. I just wanted to see if any other women/men have had this experience after intercourse.

Leave a comment:

• neohioic
    replied

I think what led to my IC was an undiagnosed UTI. I think I had burning a couple times that went away. This led to prostatitis that was left untreated for a while. I would have him checked for a uti. You never know. You might even ask for it to be cultured in the long process just to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• MHoef7702
    replied

It doesn't seem like a UTI because it is only temporary pain for him. If I was passing an infection to him, wouldn't it last longer than a couple hours? And wouldn't I have some sort of terrible infection by now if it has been happening for a few months?

I am not sure. I do not know much about E coli infections, but I'm positive if it was a UTI he would have on going symptoms and it would be much worse after several months.

I am honestly not sure what is wrong though. So it could be anything at this point. Just seems very strange.

Leave a comment:

• MHoef7702
    replied

I have called my doctor's office and left 2 voicemails for her nurse (her nurse is terrible) and she finally called me back and said that I would have to wait a week until the doctor returned for an answer. So I am just waiting for a return phone call at this point. I don't have another appointment for 2 months. I have heard of people talking about this on support groups, that their husbands have experienced the same temporary pain, but they haven't gotten an answer. I am just concerned for him. The only lubricant we use is organic coconut oil. I would try intercourse without the coconut oil, but I am not sure what else to use that will not irritate me. Of course my pain lasts much longer than his if not lubricated properly.

I am hoping my doctor will have an answer. Just wasn't sure if anyone else has experienced this or had any kind of knowledge on the subject

Leave a comment:

• neohioic
    replied

Have him get checked for a uti. You never know. There might be a low grade ecoli infection or something he/you have.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Have you discussed this with your doctors? I think that would be a good idea. Are you using any kind of lubricant that might be an irritant to him?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• MHoef7702
    started a topic Pain after sex

Pain after sex

For the past few months my husband has been experiencing UTI symptoms after we have intercourse. I was diagnosed with IC about a year and a half ago and these symptoms just recently started happening for him. He experiences the pain for about an hour or 2 and it goes away. He experiences frequency and urgency. Uti pains is what it sounds like, but it goes away. Sometime I will give him one of my Cysto renew and it will relieve his symptoms. I have never heard of this and I am starting to get concerned.
Working...
X