Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yvette
    replied
    Good Question! I usually say I'm having a bad bladder day. My co-workers know, because I won't be at my desk for very long and if they know a serious deadline is near and I'm not at my desk--they know I'm not goofin' off. They'll also know I'm having a bad day, if I cut somebody off in the hallway to use the bathroom!
    My family usually know when I say 'today is not a good day'.

y.

PS: I've had to call in late to work because of Urg.Freq. and even IBS-d. Yeesh! But they've been pretty good about it. There's pretty much only one way into Salem, and that's over a very traffic-laden bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    repost

Leave a comment:

• redstonebef
    replied
    Donna Hello, I understand about telling people about another hydro. I've had people say I just thought you had that done about a year ago or now why are you having this. I have explained over and over to close kin and they still don't get it. Now I'm sure everyone thinks will now you should not be hurting anymore. Not---. They cannot conceive the idea that this never goes away just sometimes there is painfree days. I had my Hydro over 2 weeks ago and am still not doing well. My uro ordered me yesterday antibotics and somemore B&O suppositories. I just can not believe how all these years nothing had taken the pain away like this. I am still am in total bed rest and heating pad. I know that it always takes me about 4 weeks to start feeling any results. I am just so tired of all this. Thanks for listening. I have been too sick to even get on this site very much. Hugs
    redstonebef

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    When I'm going for a hydro, I simply say I'm going in for my regular tune-up. My family knows what that means.

If I don't feel well, I simply say I'm feeling rotten. My close friends know and understand and I guess sometimes I don't feel like trying to educate others. With co-workers, I think it depends on whether or not they are friends. I formed some very close friendships when I was working and those friends were interested so I did clue them about IC.

Sometimes it can be very difficult.

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    started a topic When you are in a flare.....

When you are in a flare.....

I would like to take a poll of sorts....is there a phrase or something you use to explain things without the explanation????? I think this would help us all...what about co-workers?

[This message has been edited by Julie B (edited 03-22-2001).]
Working...
X