Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just When I Thought Nothing Would Surprise Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just When I Thought Nothing Would Surprise Me.

Unbelievable. Went to my son's wedding. Got a flare during the reception. Anyway we were waiting to be picked up in the car to go. I had gone to the bathroom 5 minutes ago. My stepmom who should know better because I sent her lots of information on IC says: At that 5 minute point, "You better go to the bathroom now because we won't have time otherwise." I said, "I can't predict if I will have to go again and if I happens I will have to go."
    She said something like "Oh no you won't because I have never kept people waiting and I'm not going to start now." I told her, I have a bladder disease that is unpredictable and some people have to go 60 times a day. She said, "I don't care, I'm not going to keep them waiting." I told her I will try to make it on the schedule but if I have to go to the bathroom I will.
    Can you believe some people care so much about *manners/not keeping people waiting* that they don't hear me even after reading extensively about IC? It was unbelievable. The whole thing was very stressful as was the wedding because I had horrible frequency. Thank God I got to see the wedding. By the time the reception started though I had made about 25 trips to the bathroom at least before we left. The wedding was beautiful but everything was exhausting. Spent today napping a lot and getting back to better health.
    If you keep a green bough in your heart
    the singing bird will come.
    http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

I know what you mean. My mother still claims my frequency as a child had nothing to do with IC, cause I never did more than dribble (sounds like the IC we all know and love, doesn't it??) See some doc told her it must be because I had a fettish to see how the bathrooms were decorated........well I did like to see how they were done, but gee if you spend all your time in one, then shouldn't you learn to enjoy something about the experience??????

TO this day no matter what I say she is convinced it is all because I like to see the decor.....give me a break!!!

Sorry she gave you such a hard time, next time say it is the IC deal with it. NO more being nice to idiots I say.....cause it only frustrates us and we don't need it.

Sending hugs, Lisa
    God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging......The LORD Almighty is with us the GOD of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46:1-3,7

May God bless our nation

Comment

Thanks everyone. I finally said, "I'm going to the bathroom and that's it."
      I'm so glad the wedding is over with it really was too stressful for my body although it was a nice wedding.

Comment

Boy how I can relate to how stressful these
        occasions are. Just went to a Graduation out
        in a football field. NO POTTYS available.
        Had to pad myseld up in sernitys and also
        Depends. Had to pee before it even started.
        After sitting for three hours, I went home and soaked in a tub with baking soda. Of
        course I burned for two days straight.
        Who but other IC people can understand this.
        When I try and tell someone that I can be in
        the bathroom as many as 7 times in a hour
        they look at me like I'm nuts!!!!
        Hope you are having a pain free day. Sending
        warm thoughts and healing (((HUGS))) Rita :p :eek: :p

Comment

Wow, Rita, that must have been rough. I did have a bathroom available and I am still not back to before I went to the wedding. Sometimes people were changing clothes in there and other times there was even a line.

Comment

I have been in similar circumstances before. I have been amazed at having to explain things to people who not only should know bettter but do know better. But- here's the odd thing- they forget- they are under stress or self involved as hec at particular moment (and we all have our moments) and they just plain conveniently forget what the affects of IC or pelvic pain can be and how little we can do about it sometimes. So I remind them- usually gently but firmly- and then move on, trying not to be too hurt by focusing on when they do show sensitivity and caring.

Comment

Working...
            X