Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there "TRIGGER" words in your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sends me off the deep end is when my husband says...."what do you mean you don't have time, that's all you've got is time!" One of these days we'll see if looks really can kill!!!
    [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] Lyn

Comment

Kelli-
      I wish I had had that response ready last week. No more than 4 people at the hospital gave me that "it isn't fatal" line. I explained that at least with death there's always a chance to live, to win. But with pain, you never win. Pain always wins. Anyhow, all the stupid remarks I've heard have come from drs and co-workers. Thank God my husband is the absolute best. I love him a lot. And he knows it.
      Christa

Comment

I like this topic becoz I have a story to share. I was in the ER one day ,I was in the ER that week for almost 8x & I overheard my former PCP telling my boyfriend then that my disease is psychosomatic. That was the day I lost contact with that Dr.I screamed at both of them to get the **** out of the room.
        Other words that triggers me are also those that has a venom of a guilt trips esp. the tone that God will not give you something you cannot handle.Or pray more.
        I think there are words that can almost drove me to homicide sometimes.

Comment

Oceana~I just LOVE that one! "Pray more"......always makes me feel like I must be praying wrong or something [img]mad.gif[/img]
          teri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

The one saying that makes me the most angry is when everyone tells me "oh It's all in your head" So many times I have felt like screaming when told that by family members, teachers and others grrr.

Comment

thats gotta be the most famous IC line in history, It's all in your head. To that I say, if it's all in my head,then I should be able to get rid of it right???? I could only WISH it was all in my head so I could forget about it and it would go away.

To Jeremy,
              Bless you honey for being such a GREAT guy. Your wife is very lucky to have someone as compassionate as you are. I too have a great husband who is very understanding and compassionate. He says the wrong things sometimes but I think he's just so frustrated that I have to deal with this miserable illness. Also, he's Mr.Fix-it, and this is something he can't fix and I know that bothers him to. There is nothing he can't do, except for help me. That has to be hard for him.

To Christine,
              You do not have to put up with that from anyone, not even your husband. Maybe you could check into some counseling. Maybe take him to an appointment with you so he can hear what the Dr has to say. Tell him his negativity is destroying your marriage and you dont know what else to do about it anymore. If he truly loves you, he will be willing to go into some family counseling to get through this. I wish you the best of luck. You can always come here to vent if you need to, There are aprx 4,000 ears that are willing to listen.
              IC Angel: Proudly supporting the Children and the Elderly with IC.

E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/lilmiss200595

Revelation 21:4
              "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Comment

GOOD POST!!
                Goodness, our partners be so insensitive at times... heres my list.
                10-"its your job to take care of the baby, I work"
                9-"You havent done anything today"
                8-"I dont know what to tell you"
                7-"Arent you over this yet"
                6-"so, I hurt too"
                5-"We never have sex"
                4-"but I want to....." fill in the blank with what he wants
                3-"what do u want me to do about it"
                2-"cant you be normal"
                1- And the worst thing he can say to me and says occasionally is "whaaaa" meaning i'm a cry baby.

He has gotten much better since he went to that doctors appointment and i had the doctor explain everything to me. He said most of this stuff before i was even diagnosed!
                ***Missie***

~~To The World You May be One Person, But To One PErson You May Be The World~~

Comment

Oh and doctors too! My uro is normally sensitive but I call him and i am in pain, he tells me "go to the emergency room, I cant help you."
                  ISnt that what he is for? uggghhhh
                  ***Missie***

~~To The World You May be One Person, But To One PErson You May Be The World~~

Comment

Working...
                  X