No announcement yet.

crying histerically here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel, I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you too! We Rachel's have to stick together! I have gone through very hard times with my family. My Dad used to be so stuck in his ways and beliefs but over time he has gotten better. He didn't approve of alot of the choices I made and was very vocal at times (telling me I was a sinner, promiscuous, etc.) but somehow we got through all that. It may take time for you but I do pray they will come around some day for you. In the mean time try to do what everyone has suggested and surround yourself with people you love and trust and who like you for who you are. I did this and made wonderful friends and met my husband through them as well. With him came even more family (some I like, some I don't; that's just how it goes!) I hope you feel better soon. Stress and being upset in my case causes HORRIBLE flares and pain.
    Please know that there are so many people here who do care!
    Rachel
    DX's:
    IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
    three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
    Currently using:
    Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
    Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
    I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Petrie,

I am so sorry that you don't have the love, care, and support from your family. I have had issues in my own family too, and I know how hurtful and sad it can be. I know in my heart that I am a good person and I have come to accept their ignorance and try to have some kind of relationship even if it is unfulfilling. Don't let anyone make you think or feel that you are unworthy, evil, or unwanted. Trust your judgement and surround yourself with people that like you, appreciate you, respect you, and care about you. I have met a lot of hypocrites in my life who don't know what it is to be religious. Religious people don't disown their family because they have different views or beliefs. Every religion teaches love and compassion for our fellowman and our family. You don't need them to pass judgement on you, God will do that. Them turning their backs on you when you are ill and in need of understanding, love, and support is wrong and not very religious. I hope that they see the light and come back into your life and care for you especially in times of need when you need help, care, and support due to your illness. Good people don't abandon their own family because of their beliefs, they stick by them through thick and thin. I applaud you for your effort in trying to make ammends but if they are not willing to, be the bigger person and continue to treat them well when you run into them. If they ever do get closer to God they will realize how they have wronged you and maybe they will come to you and ask for forgiveness. You don't deserve to be treated this way from anyone especially your own family. It's truly very sad. I support you and think you are a good person and have done nothing wrong.
      Why can't people just try to be good with the exclusion of religion?

Marsi4

Comment

Rachel,

I'm so sorry your family is treating you this way. What you have to realize though is that they are the ones who are deluded. Being a person of faith means treating others the way you would want to be treated. With kindness and love and respect. So no matter what religion they are, they aren't living the way they ought to. I'm sure no one who is truly spiritual would advise them to treat you the way they do.

Hugs,
        Moonheart
        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Tahnk you all so much for your kind words and support. I'm sorry that most of you are going through painful situations just like me. We need to stick together and help each other.

I had another falling out with my older sister last night. I caught wind that my older sister chelsea was talking to one of her old best friends from high school. Since she graduated she left all her friends in the dust and told them she can associate with them b/c they're evil ect.... well when I heard this last night I was angry! How can she make an acception and talk to her friend and not me?? her own sister??? So I text her saying "I love how she can talk to steph and send her pics from her wedding saying how cute she looked ect... and asked how does something like that happen? did god make and acception for steph??" Well she text me back saying "I only talked to her that one time, and I wasn't going to be mean and ingnore her just like I didnt ignore you in the mall. I'm polite enough where if steph ever had questions about the bible she can come to me. so dont point fingers at me!"
          So I sent one back saying "you know chelsea I dont think the bible says be ye seperate until a friend asks how your wedding. I know ur the expert not me but i'm almost positive its not in there. I dont knwo what my dad and the other minister gary is teaching these days b/c lord knows they twist everthign around." That hit a nerve with her b/c she got angry and said... " who are you to be judging me? the only person I have to answer to is god... you have no right to question me or my actions. especially b/c yiou left eh church... Remember???" I know this is long but bare with me... I decided to fight fire with fire... I know the bible very well and they twist everything around so I said " I cant judge you but everyone else can judge me? show me where hypocracy is acceptable in the bible??" she said "you know what rachel? you're way off base here! I'm not a hypocraite! I'm ending the convo right now! worry about yourself b/c hypocracy is not what you should be worried about right now... GOOD NIGHT!"

Then she called and started yelling at me, So I told her not to yell at me b/c she's not going to get through to me that way and I will not tolerate her yelling at me! She went on and on about how I left the church and how I have no right to judge her. Well I started yelling at her saying how my whole family and the church judged me, and that's not right! we went back and forth but she said that I'm learning the wrong doctine and that their religion is the only right one out there! That's a little bold to say that huh? So everyone else in the world is wrong except my family?? wow that's nuts!!!!
          Anyways I thought I would give you all an update....
          ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
          Love like you've never been hurt
          Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Rachel

please dont take this the wong way but you are so much better off without you're family!!! How dare they treat you this way! at the end of they day you are a grown woman and you can have you own religious beliefs without been distriminated against!!!
            How dare they try to force you into something you are not comfortable with and how dare they cut you out of their lives!

In my opinion god will be amazed and proud of you for staying strong and building a life for yourself without your family! That take an amazing type of person and you have proven to everyone that you dont need them!!! God knows what your beliefs are so you have done nothing wrong!

Lets face it your sister is only 16 and is probably been brained washed to say what she said in the text! I think when she gets older and realises that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs so will realise how she has treated you!

In the mean time I will text her back and just say fair enough but if you change you're mind you know where I am. One day you will realise you were wrong about me regardless of how you feel now. But I cant promise it wont be too late.

This might make her think a little bit more about how she feels! At the moment she is trying to make you feel guilty which she has succeeded in but show her that you have nothing to feel guilty about
            x
            Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
            Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
            Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
            Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
            Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
            Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
            Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

Rachel

Sorry but I am going to say it like it is!!! You're family seem crazy and very stupid!!!
              Everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs but that does not meen that your beliefs are the only ones which are correct! Nor does it mean that you have a right to push your beliefs onto other people!! At the end of they day how would we ever get on in life if we were constantly judging people by their beliefs? i wouldnt be able to go to work ha!!! They are in a world of their own arent they??!!!
              I am a religious person but I dont feel the need to go to church regularly but I practice religion in my own way! I have a sister who thinks god is made up and a load of rubbish but hey thats her choice...it doesnt effect me in the slightest. Why should I care. My mum on the other hand is very religious and always had been but she doesnt mention it to me!

I can imagine how hurt, angry, frustrated and confused you feel right now especially when its your own family pushing you away but you are so better off in life without them!

You have proved that already havent you?! If you were such an evil person why would you manage to get such a good job and be such a lovely person? They are talking rubbish and they probably realise this but trying to hurt you, which is wrong!
              I would take a step back and realise that this is NOT your fault...you are a love lady who does not dserve this

x
              Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
              Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
              Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
              Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
              Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
              Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
              Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

Dear Rachel,

How have you been doing since you posted this last?
                I haven't been able to come to the boards for a while due to a lot of changes that have happened in the past year.
                I know you don't know me, but I was following this post and wanted to check up on you. I hope you are doing better.
                I know how hard it is to have family turn on you because of religion. I think I know which religion you are talking about as my mother is involved in the same one to avoid the other "worldly" people and only their religion is the "truth".
                Just know you are not alone. I know how easy it can be to feel alone, especially when dealing with pain on top of it all.

Comment

Wow it seems like I wrote that so long ago... I guess I did. Lots has happened it turned out that both my older sister, her husband joe, and my little sister left the church. They dont agree with the things that were being taught and realized they were being brainwashed. I guess God finally heard my prayers and everyone else who prayed for me. all I can say is god works in misterious ways. I'll never understand why these things happened but now im thankful for having both my sisters back in my life. Sad thing is my parents are still brainwashed and wont admit they're wrong. I'm still praying for them to turn their life around. Maybe loosing all 3 of their daughters will make them realize what they're doing. Only god can help them. Both my sisters seem to think they'll never change... i just say to them ya know I said the same thing about both of you but look what happened. It may take a long time for them to wake up, it took you two 3 years to snap outa that stuff. So just keep praying and leave it up to god.
                  I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and support over the past 3 years. It's been so helpful to know there are people out there who went through or are going through the same thing as me. Just keep praying and god will answer them!
                  My palipitations have stopped (or panic attacks) since my sisters are back in my life. Now I know that stress is a major factor and can cause alot of problems. But i'm feeling much better now.
                  Thanks again!
                  ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
                  Love like you've never been hurt
                  Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

how wonderful to hear they are back into your life and realized what was taking place.
                    I hope that your parents beging to realze that somethng just isn't rght in their lives.
                    Thanks for letting us know that this is turnng out to have a happy ending.
                    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I am so glad to hear that you and your sisters have been reunited. That is a true miracle. (((Hugs)))
                      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X