X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irishnan3
    replied
    THANKS! Katrina,
    I was hoping to hear from one of you on this subject. It is scary when you hear things like this, I did my homework on the subject and couldn't find anything to relate to IC moving to others organs. Not saying that it can't happen but I think it may be very very rare. Thanks again for the support.

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Although I totally believe that IC may be in the kidneys in a few people....your pain may be referred pain...it is a common place when you have Pelvic Floor Dysfunciton.

I am not sure that is common to believe or suspect this Patty. I suspect that like IC in the bladder many other things have to be ruiled out and that it would not be a simple diagnosis to get.

Leave a comment:

• irishnan3
    replied
    My prayers are with you and your Mom. It seems we learn more and more from eachother on this site. This is very scary to me, my left kidney hurts all the time, and I have multiple cysts on my right kidney. I was never told that IC could travel to other organs. I have to do some research.
    Please let us know how she makes out.

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    wow...so sorry to hear Cindy.

Leave a comment:

• ESKIMO
    replied
    Tigger Gal

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOM, BOTH OF YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYER'S. I'M GOING THROUGH WITH KIDNEY PROBLEMS. MY ONE KIDNEY ISN'T FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, IT ALSO HAS CAUSED ME TO HAVE BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS, WHICH I NEVER HAD IN MY LIFE. BESIDES THE IC DIET I'M ON THE RENAL DIET, I WILL INFORM MY DR. I CAN EMPATHISE WITH YOUR MOM. OUR LIVES HERE ON EARTH ARE FRAGILE AT TIMES, MAY GOD KEEP YOU BOTH SAFE & GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE DAY'S AHEAD.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I have to add myself to the list that thought IC only stayed in the bladder. I remember asking if it could go into my kidney and I was told "no". I have a malformed right kidney--I've had surgery to correct my right ureter and kidney. They are in sad shape. It kinda scares me to think that it might be susceptible to IC. I've had quite a few stents put in that scrape the begebees out of it and my bladder.
    I hope your mother is doing well and won't go crazy waiting until July to hear what the Dr has to say.
    Now I'm going to have to do some google searching on Kidney IC.
    Thanks for sharing this information.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    My mom can't get into the uro's untill july. but thank you for asking. We have known that ic could go into your kidney's for a long time. It was just the matter of how bad it is.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Cindy...Any news about your mom? How is she doing?

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Cindy I am so sorry to hear about your mom. This is such terrifying news to hear and I also wonder if these other doctors know that IC can go to other organs. I never heard news like this except recently. I heard one story about it after the bladder was removal but not when the bladder was still intact. I hope things will go well with your mom.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Janie Miranda
    replied
    I am so sorry that your mother has had her IC progress to her kidneys. I hope they can get it under control. Is she suffering a lot?

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Wow Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this. I have never ever heard of IC attacking the kidneys, I assumed it was a bladder disease. I wonder how many uro's are even aware it can attack the kidneys, I bet my doctor is not.
    I learn more and more everyday about this disease, and it is scary. God bless you hon, and I hope you are doing ok.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• DebbieD
    replied
    IC can effect all og the Unairy tract. It did effect my Kidney. I had my Right Kidney removed in 2004 cause of IC. I also had My Bladder totolly removed in 1984. IC does attack everything in its Path. Some People more than others. It depends on your system and your Dr. I only have one Kidney now and I have to baby it.

Hugs
    DebbieD

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I am so sorry about your mom. I had no idea that IC can effect the kidney's, I have never heard of that. That is scary. I will keep your mom in my prayers.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh gosh Cindy! One more thing on top of it all for your mom there, geesh!!! I certainly hope they can come up with a way to keep it all functioning and far away from the dialysis for as long as possible. That's just awful. Sending thoughts and prayers your way and your mom's!!!!

HUGS!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X