Finally, a vacation!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a vacation!!!!

Hi, Well, after many years without taking a "real" vacation, we are going to take our kids to the carribbean in a few weeks. I am sooo excited, but yet am scared to death, for fear I will get sick when we are there....any syggestions? Sheri hi
    Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Great news I am so glad that you and your family are going on vacation. Have a nice time. Let us know how you did and how it was. Have fun.
    Hang in there , There is hope.
    There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Where will you be staying? The drinking water and sanitation standards vary a great deal. Some islands are very clean, and have safe water, others are very undeveloped and the water may not be as safe to drink. My husband and I had hepatitis A shots to be extra safe. Hepatitis A is a food borne disease that is very common in the Carribbean. It can be passed on by eating food prepared by an infected individual who doesn't practice good hygiene.

Comment

If you are going on a cruise, have your travel agent e-mail your diet list to the cruise line and the ship's executive chef. If you eat in the formal dining room, the chef and head waiter will work with you. I tried to eat as many meals aboard ship as possible.

You can get Evian water aboard ship and just about anywhere.

Above all, try to pace yourself on excursions.

Even if you are staying in a hotel, ask to speak with the head chef. He will work with you.

All of this requires tipping very, very well. But it is better than getting in trouble.
        Liz

Comment

Working...
        X