No announcement yet.

Disabled/Medical Parking on vacation

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disabled/Medical Parking on vacation

    One thing that I have done when I go on vacation is get a temporary Medical Parking permit. In Michigan, you get a letter from the doctor and take it to the Secretary of State office. Mine are usually good for a month.

    When I travel, part of my anxiety is where the bathrooms are. Disney especially may have long rides on trams from the parking lots until you reach the gate, then possible lines, then you have to scope out the bathrooms.

    The permit I get is a plastic gizmo that hangs from the rear view mirror. You can use it in a rental car.

    I don't normally need the parking pass for my daily life, just for vacations.

    Give it a try. (The last time I went to Disney I forgot..............not again!!! )

    Hugs...........happy travels! Julie
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

    Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

    Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

    You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

    ........ ........

    Other IC Diet Resources:

    IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

    *Let's Connect!*