The debarkation has happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The debarkation has happened

I can not say anything bad about this whole cruise. IT started out wonderful visiting a couple days with Barb. The ship had soooooooooooooooooooo much to do and sooooooooo much to eat. I loved the islands especially St Thomas! I loved the foo foo drinks but limited myself to 1 a day as I didn't want to flare and ruin my fun. I did great with that and stayed sober. I just had a relaxing 7 days. I suprised hubby with an anniversary cake one night and the next night I sent a bottle of Asti and choc covered strawberries to the room and we just actually had time to be a couple alone with no kids and it did wonders for this. I have a whole to out look on my life with him now and realize that my kids can survive without me. We are planning another one in March of next year and BARB WILL BE GOING WITH US she has promised me this. THis is the only way an IC patient can vacation comfortable. You have access to the bathroom at all times and if you feel bad you have your own space to lay down watch tv and order room service. Nexzt year we are going to the Western Carribean.

Welcome home. I am so glad you had such a great time. :woohoo:
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I am glad you had a great time. We went on our first cruise last Oct. 06 and we had the best time. We can't wait to go again. I am glad you and your husband had the alone time every couple needs that now and again after dealing with IC on a daily basis. I have never seen so much food all the time.

Comment

I can believe all the food either. If you are hungry it is your own fault.

Comment

Awesome Glad you had so much fun :woohoo:

Maybe I'll have to look into doing a cruise sometime... maybe after I pay off my InterStim surgery bill
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I'm really glad that you guys had some time to 'renew' your lives together. It's always a great thing to get away from the kids for a while and spend time with your hubby/sig. other alone. Tom and I need to do that DESPERATELY. I need a vacation soooooooo bad. When are you going to post the pictures?
            *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
            *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Leslie...LOVE the new picture.
              Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Food????

I was afraid that if I went on a cruise it would be pure torture...all that food and I'd be afraid to eat any of it. What were you able to eat????????

Dawn

Comment

I'm so glad you had a great time!!!! They really are wonderful. So relaxing just to get away for awhile. Is the western carribean the one where you deport from CA? Heard that's a lot of fun too!!!!

Comment

I ate anything they had and had a mild flare here and there but was so relaxed and in a happy place that falring didn't seem to get in the way. The wetern carribean leaves from Port Canaveral as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X