Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone travelled with instillation supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    The no liquids rule is no longer in effect. You can carry liquids up to three ounces with you. That should be plenty for your instill supplies.

I just came back from France, and I brought all my instill supplies with me. I had a doctor's letter and everything, but no one even looked in my bag. I mean, my carry on bag did go through the xray machine, but all they are looking for there is the size of the bottle. I brought instill supplies into France and back into the U.S. with no problems at all.

Leave a comment:

• DebbieD
    replied
    I always have a Drs. note saying I need my Meds with me at all times and I also cary all of my Ostomy suplies on Board the Plane. One Year when I went to stay with my Father I did ship an extra Box of supplies to his house. It was there when I got there. That also helps.Also the Drs. note let me Pre-board the Plane early also. You mIght Want to check into that..

Good Luck
    DebbieD

Leave a comment:

• elsie3205
    replied
    It was before. You may need to have a prescription label on your liquid meds if you want to take as carry on.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Did you do this before or after the no-liquids rule?
    Thanks for answering

Leave a comment:

• elsie3205
    replied
    I have taken my instill supplies and meds as carry on and in checked baggage and never had any problems. No one has ever ask me a single question about them but the problem I had taking them as carry on was all the bottles were too heavy for me to carry around the airport with my fibro.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    One option would be to ship your supplies via Federal Express so you can get them when you arrive at your distination. You might also check with the airline to see if you can make special arrangements.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    replied
    It is a pain...literally!

Traveling with IC is difficult. I am currently on my first vacation with IC. I was so worried about the water situation. I took my own bottled water in my carry-on bag...like a dummy. They took it from me at security. The only water they sold atthe airport was Dasani but on my flight they had plain bottled spring water. I did drink that. Eating here in Bermuda has been a nightmare. I've asked for special orders but I'm already flaring from lunch today. I came feeling GREAT so I hope this passes quickly. I'm thrilled to be here but I feel stressed being away from all of my IC comforts that are at home!!!! I'm even terrified to go snorkeling or swimming in the pool because I have no idea how the chlorine or salt water will affect me!?!?!??! Gosh I wish so badly I didn't have to think about all of this and I could just enjoy my trip!!!! Good luck with yours!

Dawn

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic Anyone travelled with instillation supplies?

Anyone travelled with instillation supplies?

Hi all,
    I'm planning a trip by plane this summer & will need to take my home instillation supplies with me (syringes, caths, liquid meds & sterile water).
    Has anyone gone through security with these things? Anything to be aware of?

I'm a bit hesitant to put this stuff in checked luggage. If anything (esp.syringes) gets stolen, it's a major hassle to reorder & get it, especially while on a trip.

Also how have you handled the no-liquids thing? I've always carried water with me before this, because it seems the airports I've been in all have contracts with Dasani, which flares me.

Thanks for any input...
Working...
X