Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlines

I was wondering about airlines. Do you try and fly business or first class? In my opinion I find flying busineses or first class to be more comfortable for the bladder. The seats is wider and there is more room to get comfortable. Plus there are less passengers in business or first. So its easier to get quicker access to the bathroom. I try and get aisle seat in Row 1 or 2. Basically I can see the cockpit from my seat then. I fly once a year usually to visit family in Seattle. Dad has frequent flier miles since he travels a lot. He does domestic and international travel. Usually we fly the A320 on United. There are only 12 seats in first class, and 126 in economy. So 12 people for 1 bathroom. But over 100 people for 2 bathrooms in economy? We also have flown on the B 757-200 on United. First class=12 seats. Business class=26 seats. Economy=72 seats. I rather be in first class. When I was with Morgan, I flew United Express which is only economy, but I was on the plane for only 30 min. He lived in Cincinnati. So I guess I can do economy for certain areas, but from Dulles to Seattle is 5 hours! Plus economy I think is too crowded: too many kids making noises, seats are uncomfortable, flight attendants more rude in economy. Let me all what you all think.

I actually rather travel by car. I was in a car for 4 hours to VA Beach in a Jeep. Dad took mom's Lexus to NJ to visit grandma and that was 4 hours, but I was uncomfortable. Mom has the ES 350 and you don't get a whole lot head room and the seats in the back are uncomfortable! I find SUVs or Jeeps to be more comfortable too. Bigger the car the better right??
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

airlines

Hi Ana,
    First class sounds so nice, but alas, we hardly travel so we don't have any frequent flyer miles, so can't afford the upgrade.
    We're going to Michigan, out of Regan, for our grand daughter's Bat Mitzvah, and flying on U. S. Air, economy. Pretty scary. At least it's a short flight, 1 1/2 hours approx. so I guess I'll survive!
    I would WAY rather drive to anywhere than have to fly, but this trip is too far for my DH and me to manage in a car,so we're off into the not always friendly skies!

Comment

I imagine for most people flying economy is a luxury--most of us are lucky to be able to afford even that!

I'm so overdue for a vacation I'd WALK to Cancun if only I could get the time off from work

Comment

I fly quite a bit and have gone on a few long flights to Japan and to Germany etc. done in economy class, yes it would be nice to have the first class seats, but I would rather spend my money on other things.

We can afford the first class seats but don't feel it is worht the extra money, we have done it a couple of times.

If you go well prepared for the flight enconomy is just fine.

Just my expirence. MG
        My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

I was looking at AirCanada tickets yesterday & noticed there are some seats with extra legroom you can get for just a (relatively) small fee. I'm cheap though, so I suck it up, and just am happy to get an aisle seat.
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Ok got an email from dad. Mom and dad are in Paris France for a week. He told me that he will book the 3 of us on business class when we go to Denver and Seattle in Sep. Downside to airlines too is the turbulence which gives me bladder spasms. At least no turbulence when you are driving. But when you gotta go you can go on the airline. They used to have this restriction where passengers couldn't get up at all from their seats 20 min or so prior to landing. I think they stopped doing that. But what if someone has to go? I don't have an IC bracelet or any type of medical form to tell the airline staff about my IC. But I'm happy as long as I'm flying in first or business.
            In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
            11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Re: Airlines

I have not had this problem before but for a few years, I have not been able to pee on a plane - I've had IC for about 20 years. I need to go to Australia - a 16-hour flight - and would be in misery - I was in misery on a 4-hour fight. I usually take connecting flights - has anyone had this problem - and what do you do? Is a catheter the only solution?

Comment

I try and get aisle seat closest to the bathroom IF sitting in coach. I prefer coach plus over general coach because you get wider leg room. First class/Business class is better since less passengers waiting to use bathroom. I know at times I feel embarrassed on airline travel since I have to go so much. But I did recently go to Miami which is about a 2 hr flight and only used the bathroom once. I was on a tiny airplane with very narrow aisle and not enough leg room or head room. It was very uncomfortable! But that's United Express for you. I prefer the bigger planes with wider aisles.
                11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

My hubby has priority sky membership and gifted me silver status this year. I flew first class for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. It had a little more room, but I didn't notice anything different except for the banana snack. That was pretty sweet. I don't mind flying economy at all. I just make sure to bring snacks, buy a friendly water after going through security for the flight, and I try to get an aisle seat rather than a window.
                  ----------------------------------------------------
                  My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
                  25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
                  culturelle in the morning
                  SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
                  zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
                  Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
                  uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
                  No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

Working...
                  X