Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you have had a bone test that shows you actually have osteoperosis, there are only a few treatments that actually work to stop or reverse its progress. Our Aunt Laura was a wonderful, active person. She lived in Hawaii for many years on a hill looking down over the University of Hawaii --- it was something like 70 steps from their garage on the road to their front porch.

After she developed osteoperosis, she was housebound --- she had ribs fracture when she turned over in bed --- she could not walk without assistance and the last time we visited her before her death, she had to sit surrounded by pillows and you could see the pain on her face.

There are now medications available to halt the progress of this horrible disease. Yes, there may be some who have side effects, but I absolutely assure you that if my heel test ever indicates I have this disease, I will take the proven medications.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    osteoporosis drugs

The doctor said those drugs rarely cause the jaw damage we've heard about with them, but then when I went to the dentist he said don't take them. He said "we" (I'm assuming he talks to other dentists or reads journals) have been seeing serious death of jawbone. I'm trying all those supplements - lots of K,D, strontium and DHEA on advice from my ND. We'll see. Also osteoporosis has a big correlation with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. Apparently, the blood tests for that are not reliable. Even my primary physician agreed. I may ask a GI doc for an endoscopy to look for undiagnosed celiac, but I've been dragging my feet. PV

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    There are some effective medications on the market now which can help. For many years, people were forced to suffer through spontaneous breaking bones, horrible pain and the crippling effects of this horrible condition. I urge you to take advantage of one of them.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• marielle
    started a topic natural supplements for osteoporosis

natural supplements for osteoporosis

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis last year, and received a Reclast infusion. I had an adverse reaction, so I don't want another infusion this year. I've been researching natural supplements, and the following have been suggested: calcium, strontium citrate, boron, vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, manganese, and potassium. I'm a little concerned about how these supplements might affect my IC, especially the potassium. Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Thanks,
    Marielle
Working...
X