?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?

What a day! Why me? I had to go back to the Medical College of Georgia once again. I ended up getting the urodynamic assessment. OK. Oh! I did not enjoy it, but I reckon I am gonna be having worse done. (and have had) Besides, I have been through major neck surgery and will probably end up with rectal prolapse surgey. Anyway, I was told my bladder can't hold much and that my frequency is not related to my back problems.(which can happen) Also, I was urinating all the liquid back out again. (which she was saying I was emptying) I did get some of the floor.(which she is use to) OK. I did notice the tube was keeping my penis up some. (and not up as hard-on) (as to why some went on the floor) I did not leave town feeling good.(sinus and allergies & up earlier than I like to be) I feel a little bettter and hardly any pain now. I did state my anus, or whatever as I have not been told, sticks out when I go to urinate sometimes. Yep! A local gastroenterologist has done colonoscopy and another procedure only to say I have got proctitis. (which I truly expecte to hear "prolapse") (because I sit to pee more often to try to keep most of the mucous off of my underwear)(then possibly my pants) By the way, it did happen then, too. The nurse wanted to see it to verify it. Then she went and got urologist and a surgeon within a few minutes. OK. They all said it must be prolapse. How did the local doctor not say that? Hey! The urologist even stated I could get checked today if I would stay.(nope) I wanted to leave bad enough. He said to get it checked and that it would be stated in my notes. What am I gonna do? I am now supposed to take Oxybutynin 3 times day. How am I supposed to take something that cause drowsiness 3 times a day when I have to take a nap most days to begin with? I guess I am just screwed now. I have been to several doctors in 2011, but I am not getting better yet. (rectal prolapse surgery likely for me) I keep telling myself I am not a loser,
    but I feel lost right now. I am actually crying once again. I use to enjoy life, but there are times now that I just feel like I am going though the motions.(like showering because it is the right thing to do) OK. I still attend church and ...have people say that they have been praying for me. I am not reaping any harvest at all. I have started reading a book called Getting To Heaven by Don Piper and Cecil Murphy, and it is actually making me feel lifted up while reading it some more.(if you ever read "90 Minutes In Heaven" by the same 2 people) I am not gonna bang my head on the wall, but I gotta wipe my nose by now.(and stop crying again) I have typed more than I planned to.(again) It keeps happening again. I don't see many dudes on any support group that I come onto on here, but I know I am not the only one. By the way, I have got much love and respect for all of you.(no matter what age, race, gender, religion, political views)Besides, we have a local dude whose daughter was married to one of the Navy Seals that was onboard that helicopter. OK. That will be all now.
    (copied and posted from a post in facebook earlier today) (off to the bedroom to utilize the bed) (and only me upstairs)( as in to snooze ) (and hopefully wake up again) (although I stillmay not be a happy camper tomorrow)(possibly)Oh, well!

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Oh States. I am so sorry you are having problems with something else now. If it helps to know, my urodynamics test also showed that I can not hold as much in my bladder either. I do not know anything about rectal prolapse but hope it is not serious & you do not need more surgery. Try to hang in there. Can you get to a library & maybe check out a good movie or few books to take your mind off things? You sound so sad. I will keep you in my prayers also for healing, strength, & peace. Big hug.

Comment

Hi, Statesboro ~ Oh, I join KarenAnne in praying for you. I know you've been through so much and are always trying to stay upbeat and all this just has to be getting to you. You are a wonderful person and you always care about everyone. Thank you for being so kind when you are hurting so much yourself.

Prayerfully,
        Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
        8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
        8/2010 Surg gallbladder
        TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
        IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
        Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
        Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
        Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
        *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
        Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
        PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

I decided I would give a big thank you to each one of you right now now. It seems that most of my posts during the summer, throughout all of the supports groups that I am on on the internet, including Facebook, have been where I have been venting and/or ranting. (not all posts) Why? I will state what is on my mind good enough. I am actually tired of going to doctors appointments by now. Geez! I don't see many dudes keeping up with different support groups, but then I might read where a husband wants to leave the wife because she has got IC and whatever else. If the dude came down with a chronic illness, then he would be expecting her to be understanding and sympathetic. OK. I can get off track easily enough. The last person was right. I have typed some good, and encouraging, posts, but I have actually typed some of my good ones, where it may seem like I am actually in good spirits, while I felt like I was doing worse than whomever it was that I was typing to.(or about) OK. I won't say anything bad about KarenAnne, but she should be well aware it is not always easy to take your mind off of something such as a chronic illness. If I am sleeping away, then I am not aware of IC and degenerative disc disease and so forth. (thern wake back up to reality again) OK. Some people do think we can just quit thinking about IC and suddenly get better. That would be nice. Oh! I may not think about IC every second that I am awake, but I get reminded that it is still present often enough. I do know what she was getting at.(and thankful) She should know I would like to be able to give her a real hug and kiss right now. Oh! I did put the word "kiss", but I was not meaning that as a sexual kiss.(and maybe hug only) Besides, I don't know what she looks like. It doesn't matter in my book right now. We are all God's children.(and supposed to get along)(and without hate) OK. I have once again typed more than I planned to. (and could have stopped after the first sentence) That will be all now.

Comment

I hope that you are ok. Will say a prayer for you.

I read the books that you mentioned here. They were all uplifting. I read my Bible everyday and wouldn't survive without it. However, I do know what you mean to just go through the motions.

Hugs...
            Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Working...
            X