Ugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh!

I know I have not posted as much about it on here as I have over on Facebook, but I am not sure it will do me much good to post about it to begin with. I am gonna sidetrack and state that I have had many posts on the different IC groups on Facebook with the "like"button being hit sometimes and with good and decent responses. (and people telling me to keep on venting as much as I want to) OK. There are not many dudes on any of the IC support groups, but one actually told me, by posting on my wall, that I am a negative person and that I need to learn how to be positive.(as if we have ever met each other in person) OK. He was actually stating he keeps seeing a lot of negativity in the groups, but we deal with IC, chronic pain, and whatever all that some of us have to deal with daily. (with some of us not getting better)(with some of us getting another diagnoses or symptoms that could indicate another condition) Besides, it is not unusual to read a post about someone feeling bad or having a bad day.(or husband not understanding or showing much love) Also, I did not work over 13 years with IC, or become a war veteran in 1991, by being "Mr. Negative". OK. What I really wanted to state is that I started to have chest, and sometimes nausea, back in September. OK. The cardiologist even admitted me for a night.(hospital) (good on all EKG's)(good stress test)(and not my heart)(good) Yep! He even told me to take Prilosec for a few days. If I got better, then we could have answer. If not, I might as well stop.(no relief)(like I had taken Pepto-Bismal the first few times without relief) OK. I have taken a few Zantac without relief as well. (sometimes pain below chest) The ultrasound did not show gallbladder trouble at all. I was told hida scan did not show anything as well.(done last Wednesday) I actually had people to state it must be my gallbladder.(even people that had been through gallbladder surgery) OK. Typing is even making me feel pain in chest right now.(like I woke up with it again)(and woke up with shoulder pain, low back pain, and left leg pain)(and weakness)(from degenerative disc disease) I actually barfed one night in 2012 and a couple of times last year. Oh, yeah! It had gone away some. I had no chest pain around Christmas to where I was not thinking about it any longer. (or New Years) Eating has, more than once, made me feel worse. My mother had insisted I should take 2 Tums earlier today.(which I did)(which I still have chest pain now)(and feel like barfing)(and other pain and weakness) OK. What do I know? I just feel like a loser sometimes. Yep! I ended up missing church as well. I think I will finally take a shower now. Yep! Oh, well!

So sorry you are not feeling well. It is so easy for others to give advice or make comments to us but until they walk in our shoes they truly don't understand how we feel. I understand all that you say. There is not ONE DAY in my life that I don't have pain. I will look at people when I am out in public and they are all laughing and smiling drinking coffee or cocktails and eating yummy foods and I wonder do they ever have a day of pain?? Does anyone have IC?? Do they even know what IC is?? Until I developed IC I didn't even know it existed. Every now and then I will have a pity party and say why me and not someone else. But then I hear or see someone who is far worse then I am and then shake off the poor me feeling,.

Just try to make the best out of a bad situation and do what you can do ONE DAY AT A TIME .

Mary

Comment

I am pretty much thankful you did respond back. It seems that I am in enough pain to where I am not functioning all too good right now. It just sucks out the ying-yang now. My chest has definitely got pain in it right now. I so feel like barfing would be a good thing right now. I have got heating pad on lower back right now. I had never heard of IC prior to being diagnosed back in 1997. OK. I can't remember every "Why me?" moment that I have had so far. Also, I can see other people having fun and enjoying life, including family members, and just feel like I don't have much of a life sometimes. (or realize I use to feel normal and enjoy life more often) Yep! I have been in the presence of more than one other IC'er, but I have wondered if I have been around some more without knowing it at all. Yep!

Comment

Well I read your post and felt your pain so felt that you needed some support. I am sorry about your pain. Perhaps you should contact your doctor and tell him about your pain and see if your pain meds can be adjusted to give you more relief from your pain.

I do not know anyone with IC personally so I kinda feel like a freak among other people. When you mention bladder issues to people I think they think it is like that vesicare commercial where you get leaky pipes. But I want to scream it is pain not leaky pipes.

I also do not have much of a life. I cannot sit in a car for more then ten minutes without getting severe pain so now I cannot go for nice car rides. My husband I and used to take nice rides to the beach or lake and now the idea of driving in a car makes me cringe.

What helps me most is my dogs. They make me laugh and when I play with them I forget my pain. It is a good distraction. They keep me so busy that for long periods of time I am not focused on the pain and discomfort but focused on them. You need to find something that takes your mind off the pain.Obviously a dog would not work for you as you have troubles with walking but have you ever considered getting a cat??? Something that can make you smile, keep you somewhat busy and give you company as well. A very social and cuddly type of cat would work wonders for you. It is proven FACT that animals are good source of therapy.

I think we have to accept that we have this horrible illness and try to make the best out of a bad situation. We may not have the life we had before but we can find ways to be happy again. You just have to work on that. I am pretty content for the most part. I have my family and my pets and that makes me happy.

I get pains in my chest to and for me it is stress related. Perhaps that is what you are having???

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER )

Comment

Hi, States ~

I'm so glad you chose to write. I was wondering how you've been doing since I didn't see you on the board much. I know you've had a rough couple years (since I've been on the ICN) and I absolutely believe that living in chronic pain is such a debilitating condition. It affects so much of our being, not just the physical but emotional, spiritual, etc. In my opinion, I think you're doing a great job with all that's going on. Undiagnosed pain is especially unnerving and seems to escalate. I really thought you might have gallstones as well....those were my symptoms until I had my gallbladder removed last year.

Don't give up, States......unfortunately it's become our own responsibility to continue to seek medical help until that diagnosis is discovered. I agree with MaryS that stress can bring on so many problems.....and they certainly may be REAL symptoms.

I'll keep you in my prayers that you'll find relief....that something will put some sunshine into your days. Are you still working?

Take care, don't give up and remember there are certainly many, many who understand your pain and your attitude because of it.

Ginger
          Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
          8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
          8/2010 Surg gallbladder
          TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
          IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
          Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
          Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
          Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
          *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
          Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
          PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

I have not worked in 14 months now. (or 14 months next week) It has now been 11 months since I first applied to be on disability, but I am waiting to see if I can win my appeal now. Also, I don't get in the car without having my cane with me. I can legally park in handicap parking now, too. I will copy and pates something as well. When a woman falls ill, her pain may be more intense than a man's, a new study suggests.Across a number of different diseases, including diabetes, arthritis and certain respiratory infections, women in the study reported feeling more pain than men, the researchers said.The study is one of the largest to examine sex differences in human pain perception. The results are in line with earlier findings, and reveal that sex differences in pain sensitivity may be present in many more diseases than previously thought.Because pain is subjective, the researchers can't know for sure whether women, in fact, experience more pain than men. A number of factors, including a person's mood and whether they take pain medication, likely influence how much pain they say they're in. That is just part of the article, but I will let that be all now.

Comment

Working...
            X