Me Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me Again

I realize I am once again posting under "Forties Are Fabulous". Yep! I don't know what all I will actually type, but I can state I did turn 46 on Sunday.(Mothers Day) OK. I was bored once I came to the website to begin with. I figured I could come up with something to vent about again.(hmmm)Oh! I can state the forties have not been so fabulous for me. I will see people that I graduated with, or read posts on Facebook, and realize that most seem to be having a good life with good jobs and a family and real vacations.(although I don't know about every former classmate) Hey! I did put "real vacations" because I haven't even traveled out of town in a while now. Oh! I actually have. My mother will drive if I have got an out of town doctors appointment because I am in pain and never seem to get through a single day without feeling like I need to try to nap again.(no official nap today) I have had an endoscopy, cystoscopy with hydrodistention, and gallbladder surgery all in 2012 so far.(and HIDA scan) I get to have rectal prolapse surgery on June 15th. How about that? Does it suck to be me? I have wondered. I don't have employment, but I don't know an employer that would have allowed me to be off for each of the procedures.(and surgery) Of course, I used to work at night, but the HIDA scan is the only one that I could have done without time off. Oh! I have not worked in over 17 months now. I can still work according to SSA. Yeah, right! I have not had a pain free day ever since...whatever day. Also, I still walk with a cane often, too. I feel like I want to close my eyes right now. Geez! I still deal with degenerative disc disease every single day. Ugh! What a life! Of course, it can change like the IC changes. Geez! I went to church on Sunday, but I have not gone anywhere ever since I got back home. Besides, I actually fell twice in my bedroom on Monday from all the pain and from my legs feeling weak.(with pain med and rubdown) OK. I don't know how much I had to catch myself on Tuesday.(today)(to keep from being on the floor)(and did get a little better eventually) Of course, I still have some days where I can just rub some Tiger Balm or use some Icy Hot Medicated Spray and go on about my business. Yep! I can't make too many promises because I may not be able to follow through. What a bummer! Of course, I feel sure anybody that reads my post can relate. (even without having DDD) Life goes on. Oh! I may not understand why I have to pee a bunch and why I have to be in pain, but I still read the Bible and pray and attend church.(if I can feel up to getting ready and going)OK. I am sure I could vent some more. I seem to be good at it by now. I feel like I am about to fall asleep sitting here. OK. That will be all now.
    Last edited by statesboro; 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM.

It is just 11:25 am, but I must be bored again. Oh! I don't know. I just got plenty of free time to kill. Yep! It does not seem that I actually got any readers, but I will still continue now. The pain, which must have been a 6 a couple of hours ago, has gotten a little better; therefore, I will take a shower after I get finished here. OK. I had heard some thunder, but I never saw any rain at all. Why do so many people with IC end up getting other symptoms that end up resulting in another diagnoses? By the way, I am on many IC support groups across the internet. OK. I have read many posts where a person will state another possible, or even an actual, diagnoses. (as in another medical condition)(then sometimes again)Of course, that should not be new news to any IC patient that might actually read what I am typing now. OK. I was referring to ones that got the IC diagnoses first of all. (although some have something else prior to IC diagnoses) I am a Navy war veteran that used to have to go to work whether or not I slept good. (and even got told bronchitis up in medical without getting told bed rest and extra time off)Of course, I could sleep 6 hours back then and still work half a day without huffing and puffing. Yep! Interstitial Cystitis Awareness Month starts in less than 3 1/2 months, but I don't wait until then to advertise. Besides, IC Awareness Month doesn't show up on any list of awareness months. (if you look up awareness months on the internet)(like Fibromyalgia Awareness Month currently)OK. I try to get different magazines and/or newpapers to publish something about IC, but I usually never hear back. Geez! I am not surprised. One person stated that my article could not be published because it is not local news.(and I am not local, either) Oh, well! I am gonna quit rambling on now. Yep!
    Last edited by statesboro; 05-17-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

It sounds like you have had a rough go of things latley!

I will send you hugs I hope you feel better soon !!!

Jenn
      28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Working...
      X