Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonA
    replied
    Kathi...I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time on your trip.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I am sorry you are not well. but I am glad they found out what was wrong and are helping you. I notice you are anemic and Vit D deficient. I just found out I am also anemic( slightly) and severely Vit D deficient. They said normal is 20-100, I am at a 9. I am suppose to start 5000 units, 1 pill a day of Vit D. Did they say that that may be what caused your blood clot?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• aleet7
    replied
    Originally posted by Kathi View Post
    Well, it's been 6 weeks that I've been on Coumadin & saw the doc today. He said I was clear to go away tomorrow (going to Sedona, Az & the Grand Canyon with 5 other ladies). I'm so happy about that. I can also, resume doing most things, just nothing that makes me thump my feet (tennis, tread mill, etc). I still get out of breath quickly, but it is better then it was. Thanks again, Kathi
    Kathi,
    I am so happy that you are doing better!
    You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am also very happy that your doc ok'd your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time in Arizona(I am so jealous)!:woohoo:

Best wishes,
    Aleet7

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    Thanks to All

Well, it's been 6 weeks that I've been on Coumadin & saw the doc today. He said I was clear to go away tomorrow (going to Sedona, Az & the Grand Canyon with 5 other ladies). I'm so happy about that. I can also, resume doing most things, just nothing that makes me thump my feet (tennis, tread mill, etc). I still get out of breath quickly, but it is better then it was. Thanks again, Kathi

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Kathi

Did your doctor ever hazard a guess as to why you had blood clots in your lungs in the first place?
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aleet7
    replied
    )))HUGS(((( Kathi!
    I'm so sorry that you're so sick dear!!!! I hope you get better soon!
    Hugs,
    Aleet

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I had one clot in one lung once --- even though it was 35 years ago, I still remember how sick I was. I'm so glad they caught it so you can be treated.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• stef000
    replied
    hi there

I am so sorry to hear that...
    I hope the meds work and you get some rest too...
    take it easy and keep us updated

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Seems like when it rains it pours.. I hope the meds works..(((hugs)))

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    On no, Kathi...I am so sorry. I hope the med helps. Walking is a good thing.

(((Hugs)))

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    started a topic Blood Clots in Lungs

Blood Clots in Lungs

Yippee! Something else to add to my life. I thought I had bronchitis, but after almost 3 weeks of antibiotics, predesone, nubulizer & my CPAP (breathing machine used for sleep apnea) I went back to the dr. still not breathing well. He sent me for a CT scan & then hospitalized me for 4 days. I'm on Coumadin for about 6 to 9 months & can't do anything more then walk for at least 6 weeks. Also, on iron (anemic) calcium with vitamin D plus my other meds. Now taking 12 pills a day. I can't play tennis or even swim, so naturally I'm getting fatter by the minute. But he told me I'm so lucky that I didn't throw a clot & die. So I guess being able to walk short distances is a plus. Kathi
Working...
X