Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking In

Hi, I'm Songbird and checking in. I am 66 years old and would love to connect with people here. I see there is not much activity in this section. I will check it sometimes, but for now, here I am, living with almost 2 decades of IC, thankful for my blessings and grandmother of 3 with one one thw way.,
    All the best, God bless you,:woohoo:
    If you keep a green bough in your heart
    the singing bird will come.
    http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

Hello Songbird. Same age here and happy to hear from you. One Granddaughter who just graduated and she found a good job. Thank GOD. Married 47 years. We live in Maine and if the market was somewhat normal would sell and head South. Maine Winters are hard on mature people. We are looking for a place to rent in Florida or Texas for this coming Winter. I am doing very well with my IC right now. I get very tired late in the day. I don't know if it's my age or maybe Elmiron. No matter as I am grateful for my many Blessings. Hugs, Ziggy

Comment

Hi and Thanks for Writing

It's really great to get a reply. Hi and many blessings to you. I imagine any place with extreme weather wouldn't be easy for anyone our age. I probably couldn't get used to it after living in California most of my life.
      All the best to you.
      If you keep a green bough in your heart
      the singing bird will come.
      http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

Comment

Glad to see some activity on our board. Seems to come and go. I'm 68 and have had IC for about 6 years but thankfully I've been in remission for quite some time. We live in Maryland and have, for the first time, rented a condo in Florida for Jan/Feb and March. We just got tired of the cold dreary winter days. I'm concerned about finding a urologist in Florida in case I have a flare. It's hard to find a good doc who understands the IC needs. Sue

Comment

Hi Songbird,
          I'm nearly 60. Had this darn thing for at least ten years. Usually can control things pretty good with diet, but sometimes things are just horrible. I check this section of the forum all the time, but hardly ever see anything new. Good to see some new stuff at last. There are times when I just can't accept that I will have this for the rest of my life. I am very diet sensitive. I hate to say this, but it is possible that many of us "older" ones either don't go on the computer at all, or very little. All kids today grow up using computers. Twenty years ago, there were hardly any computers at all! It's the only reason that I can think of. I know there are plenty of us out there. I just keep telling myself that there will be a cure soon. I gotta believe that. My life has changed completely. I'm not care-free anymore (even though I try to be). It's hard to be sponteous. You have to keep IC in the back of your mind all the time. I wish I would have savored it more when I could just order freely in a restaurant or make a sudden decision to do something. I'm in the cold northeast and would love to get away from these cold winters. I wish there were more of us here to talk to.
          Karen

Comment

We all know how you feel. It's hard to make plans or be spontaneous when we dont know IC will flare. We didn't plan on spending our "golden" years worrying about IC. I have been in remmision for quite a few years and count every day a blessing. I too pray for a cure for all of us and our families who may be affected. This is a great place to share our feelings,vent and get lots of support. Sue

Comment

In your opinion, what do you feel caused your remission? Any body else have feelings on this?
              Karen

Comment

I've been in remission for about 5 years. If I had to guess I would say the hydro/distension plus Elmiron and Elavil put me in remission. I watched my diet pretty carefully for the first year and then started adding things back. About the only thing I didn't go back to was coffee. I never thought I could give it up but I drink Euro Mild and like it. Not coffee and no caffeine jolt but better than nothing, Sue

Comment

Working...
                X