Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So hot guy- but how do you ask a guy out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hot guy- but how do you ask a guy out?

Okay ladies, I have not been single in 9 years and have no idea how to "play" this game but there is this guy that works at Starbucks who is so adorable and sweet and nice. He is also smart, applying to the PHD programs in Physcology. We have flirted a little and then i told a co=worker that I thought he was totally cute and she told him.

So yesterday morning I went in and she told me he would be working around my lunch time. So i went in the acting like I was getting drinks for co-workers and we chatted and chatted. He seemed kinda embarrassed but there were other people in the store. But then as I was leaving he said, I am working tomorrow night!!! So I was like, huh, well maybe he was saying that to have me come in and talk to him again.

But how do you ask a guy out or do you wait for him to ask you out. I am pretty blunt and not shy so if I like someone I want to get to know them. But I can see it is weird b/c it is HIS place of work and he probably cant just ask someone out in there? What should I do? Look Pathetic and turn in to a Starbucks Pariah?

Help me single people!! I am a novice at this. And as terrible as this sounds, I have always been the pursued, not the pursuer!

Sarah
    Current meds; , effexor 37.5 mg 2 times a day, and lyrica 100 mg 3 times a day, lots of reading and snuggling with the pets!

Hi, Good for you. I am not single, I have a boyfriend, but I can tell you what I would do if I were you. LOL I would write your name and number on paper, go in and order something, and discretely hand it to him so the entire place or customers don't see so he won't get to embarrassed. If not alot of people are around I would say call me sometime if you want. He will get the hint, lol. Then the ball is in his court and its then up to him to persue, but you made the effort. If your not shy, you should have no problem doing this. lol It is perfectly ok for the girl to make the effort first and I bet he will be flattered. Good luck and keep us posted what you decide.
    Lisa
    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Comment

I'm newly single, just out of a 3 1/2 year relationship. I also have always been persued not the pursuer... SO im not so good at giving advice on asking guys out. Either kick up the knotch on the flirting or you could do what lisbar said and descretly give him your number. Guys love that stuff, major turn on. I wish you the best of luck!

Rach
      ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
      Love like you've never been hurt
      Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Okay, so maybe this is kinda dorky...but....

How about...the old fashioned "Wanna meet for coffee?" LOL Okay so I know he works at Starbucks...but.... play with it and have fun Break the ice! I'm sure he gets breaks right? How about finding out when his breaks are and then sit down with a coffee, biscotti or some other kind of "treat" and just chat for a bit. Feel the "air" out a little and see where he is "one on one" - then just go in for the "Would you like to go see a movie sometime?" or something along those lines?

I dont know your personality but you sound bubbly and fun :woohoo: so go with it and see where it leads you!

Hugs
        Brittany

Comment

Thanks so much ladies. I dont know what it is about this one but I get this huge smile on my face everytime I talk to him and my good mood lasts all day!

The other people in the store said he was blushing and all happy when they told him I thought he was cute. Then I went in specifically when he was working and he was trying really hard to talk to me. When I went to leave he said "oh I work tomorrow night" like trying to tell me to come in again. I cant cause i have a birthday dinner but I thought I would try. He is so darn cute. He shaved his head b/c his nephew is going through Chemo and didnt want him to feel embarrassed! How sweet is that.

I dont know if I am bold enough for the phone number thing but might try it after awhile. I am shy but not shy. I can make it known for sure that I am interested, or not!

Sarah
          Current meds; , effexor 37.5 mg 2 times a day, and lyrica 100 mg 3 times a day, lots of reading and snuggling with the pets!

Comment

Wow! Good for you! Try just talking to him. find out (if you can ) when his shifts end and show up towards the end of one and "see what happens". It sounds like he is interested. keep us updated!
            mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
            hysterectomy 11/04,
            prolapse cervix 7/07
            diagnosed: IC 2007
            IBS 2008

Comment

WOO HOO! I think if he told you when he was working next - that's definitely interest, otherwise he would have kept his mouth shut, lol!!!! I love the "wanna meet for coffee" that's a hoot and great ice-breaker too, lol. Something like "I'm sure you get asked this all time, but would you like to meet for coffee?" like Brittany said. That's so cute and humorous, how can he say no to such a cute, clever, intelligent and witty girl? Or "would you like to meet for coffee someplace where you don't have to make it?" if there's another acceptable place for a cup etc. Do keep us posted!!!!!
              Hugs,
              Tracey
              How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
              IC dx'd Nov 2004
              Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
              Possible IBS
              Current IC Meds
              Vistaril 25mg in the evening
              Previous IC Meds taken:
              Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
              Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
              Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
              Others:
              Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
              Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
              Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
              Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Its been too many years for me to give you any advise; but I have to agree that he sounds like he is interested in you-- what with telling your co-worker when he is working. Find out when his shifts ends and be there towards that time; instead of your home number, give him your cell number. good luck

Comment

It has been a very long time since I was single, but I don't think it a very good idea to give him your phone number quite yet. I think the note idea is great.
                  Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

LOL, I love Traceys idea! I got a kick out of that one. Want to meet for coffee someplace where you don't have to make it. LOL
                    Lisa
                    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
                    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Comment

LOL, with all of us backing her up - how can she go wrong, not just one super smart clever woman, but tons of us - he's as good as caught!
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey
                      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                      Previous IC Meds taken:
                      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                      Others:
                      Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                      Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                      Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                      Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I don't think him working there will stop him from asking you out. I am no longer single but back in the day I got asked out by a guy who worked at Wells Fargo. We would chat and I told him it was my b-day the past weekend ...... I got some flowers from a secret admirer.
                        He said it was him. There's no way it could have been. He didn't know where I lived, but it started a fun summer dating thing.
                        I wish you luck! I think just give him a little time. Are you sure he's not taken?
                        Maybe in a week make more of a move.

Comment

Whoo hoo you dont know how much of a smile you all brought to my face with your comments! Now i am all fired up and wanting to go over there to flirt and see what happens. He seemed totally interested and I know he doesnt have a girlfriend. Plus he said "oh I never see you in the store anymore" and I said well I only come in early and he said " I dont work early in the morning but one day a week" Then as I left he called, well I am working tomorrow night. Now i have to find a way to go there in tonight and flirt.

Maybe ask him out for coffee? Or say, oh what do you like to do in your time off? Etc. Keep the suggestions coming ladies, they are getting me all fired up!
                          Sarah

Comment

I am in the same boat as you! After 8 1/2 years of being with someone, I am at a loss on how to take that first step but I LOVE this thread! I just want to say good luck and keep us posted!!!
                            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I have no problem giving him my cell phone number, I would just be really embarrassed if he didn't call! I was kinda hoping to flirt it up with him a little more, use my powers of seduction, and then give him my number or hope he asked me out.

I know everyone in the stores knows it is him that I am interested in. They keep saying, oh he keeps blushing, etc. We are similar in age, same level in school-right now, and he just seems so.......nice. We will see though. I

As sad as this is, I am going to try to go over there and talk to him tonight. Act like I need a Starbucks run and make sure I look really cute

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X