X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 in Florida with IC and IBS-C

Hi, I'm Jennifer, and my life sucks.

My story: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55558

I'm frustrated, upset, angry, depressed, anxious, and every other thing you can imagine. I've been crying on and off all day today. I think this disease is ridiculous. I'm 24 and I have two chronic diseases. I keep wondering what the heck I did to deserve this. My IC pain varies and like most is much worse at night. I get up to pee about 10 times. It's making me crazy. I barely sleep and have huge dark circles under my eyes all the time. Luckily, my boyfriend and my mother have been extremely supportive.

I'd love to talk to anyone who wants to talk to me. Maybe even meet up and have lunch or something.

Best of luck to all that have been cursed with this ridiculous disease.

<3 Jennifer
    Last edited by SharonA; 02-27-2009, 01:45 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
    -Jennifer
    jenjen05

25 years young. Diagnosed with IBS-C May 16, 2007. Diagnosed with moderate IC February 26, 2009. Severe anxiety and moderate depression since middle school.

Current Meds: 60mg Oxycontin 3x daily (every 8 hours), 30mg Oxycodone 4x daily as needed, 350mg Soma as needed (twice a day), 10mg Valium Vaginal Suppositories as needed (after sex usually, what I call "the nuke" is two of these, and two oxycodone by mouth and one soma by mouth and I can usually prevent a flare if this is done RIGHT AFTER sex along with a cold pack right over my bladder), and Prelief as needed. Heparin 10,000 units installs as needed for rescue needs, usually makes it worse after about 8 hours for the next day or so but then the pain goes away for a few days at least. By following the IC diet I have lost 35lbs and I love the IC diet because it has made me a much healthier person!

Past meds: 60mg Opana ER 9am and 80mg Opana ER at 9pm, 15mg Oxycodone as needed for breakthrough pain or flares, 350mg Soma as needed (twice a day usually). Hydrocodone 5/500 (two at night with 350mg Soma would get me 6 hours of sleep). Tramadol 50 mg (didn't touch my pain). Elavil 25mg (did nothing). Various installations made me worse every time. Cytotec (don't remember dosage, didn't work).

Photo below is of myself and my Golden Retriever/German Shepherd/Chow, Daisy May.

Message me if you'd like to be added to my Facebook!
    Skype- jennifer.jericho

PLEASE read about antibiotic resistance. It is a growing problem, especially in the United States. We are running out of antibiotics that work effectively before scientists can develop new ones! http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/anti_resist.html

I just wanted to say to the ICN. I also want to tell you that you did nothing to deserve this. It is just what happened. I know you are dealing with a lot of issues right now, but things can get better.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hang in there, hopefully with the right treatment you will be feeling better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jenjen05 View Post
        ... I'm frustrated, upset, angry, depressed, anxious, and every other thing you can imagine. I've been crying on and off all day today. I think this disease is ridiculous. I'm 24 and I have two chronic diseases. I keep wondering what the heck I did to deserve this. My IC pain varies and like most is much worse at night. I get up to pee about 10 times. It's making me crazy. I barely sleep and have huge dark circles under my eyes all the time ...
        Hello Jennifer!

I'm 21, and I've been sick with IC since I was 17, although I wasn't diagnosed until about 4 months ago. I can really understand what you're feeling - I still burst into tears at random intervals! I'm up around 12 times a night which is exhausting. You haven't done anything to deserve this (although I have at times asked myself the same question). I don't know why this disease has entered my life, but I know that it doesn't have to be all my life. With time and the right treatments, you will start to feel better. It may not be overnight (as I'm sure we all hope), but you will. If you need to talk, private message me. I like being able to talk to others around my own age sometimes too ...

Take care,
        Ally
        Diagnosed: 10 October, 2008.
        Symptoms started: August, 2005 after constant UTIs.

Medications/Treatments currently being taken:

* Tofranil (has reduced frequency slightly)
        * Yasmin
        * IC Diet

What hasn't worked for my IC:

* Marcaine instillations (passed out from my first one, when repeated, I flared from the process)
        * Elavil (Endep) (fantastic for pain but caused horrible retention)
        * Elmiron (started seein an improvement but after four weeks, started bruising heavily all over my body)
        * Desert Harvest Aloe Vera (caused a MASSIVE flare, worst one to date from a new medicine)
        * Marshmallow Root Tea (increased frequency)

Comment

Hey there..
          I am also in Fl...I am 34 & have had this disease for a while, along with a few others.

WE have a little support group going on the Treasure Coast (SE coast)...where are you located?? Would love to have you join or you can join our email loop...PM me for more info, you arent alone!!!
          Karen
          Currently Taking:
          20 mg Celexa
          fentanyl patch 12.5 mcg chgd every 3 days
          morphine IR 15 MG, up to 3x daily
          Xanax 1mg as needed (not taken daily)
          900 MG Oxycarbizine (mood disorder)
          300 MG Welbutrin
          Tizanidine 4 mg up to 20 mg daily as need
          Prevacid 30 mg
          Ambien as needed

my heating pad is my best friend, use daily on my lower back & pelvic area
          blessed to be able to receive massage & Amma , along with Avazzia therapy 3x weekly

Been diagnosed for 10 years now, consider myself pretty well versed in this disease & would love to help out with new IC sisters or brothers, feel free to message me.

Comment

Hey there, I am 24 and I have IC and IBS-C too! Guess what, I live in Tampa! Maybe we can talk on AIM sometime?
            24 year old female
            Diagnosed age 18 with IC
            conditions: IC, IBS-C, PFD, TMJ, a-typical facial pain

Currently taking:
            -2 Elmiron 100mg capsules 2x a day

Pelvic Floor Therapy 1x per month.
            Acupuncture 2x per week starting 1/18/10.

Comment

I live in the Tampa Bay area as well. I have both also!
              Your Friend,
              Michelle

Diagnosed: 10/16/09

Elmiron, 100mg 2x per day
              Imipramine, 10 mg per day
              Diazepam 10 mg for sleep
              Zyrtec
              Zovia, birth control (ongoing-no periods)
              Probiotics
              Hydrocodone, 2 pills a day (at any time of day)

Comment

We should all meet for lunch one day!
                24 year old female
                Diagnosed age 18 with IC
                conditions: IC, IBS-C, PFD, TMJ, a-typical facial pain

Currently taking:
                -2 Elmiron 100mg capsules 2x a day

Pelvic Floor Therapy 1x per month.
                Acupuncture 2x per week starting 1/18/10.

Comment

florida

im from florida also but in the pensacola area. i have ic endometriosis ibs and pelvic floor disease does anyone know why in the world all these things come together. one is enough sometimes all 4 is just too much. im a medic in the army and even working in a medical community they dont understand my need to pain pill and why when i have bad flares i have to have the day off to go lay down

Comment

Working...
                  X