X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone suffering in Oregon?

Originally posted by ClaireNN View Post
    Hi, Laura,

Yeah, the Portland support group ended a few years ago when the leader left. Some people I met there and I tried to keep one up but it fizzled out. Now the person I've stayed closest to is moving, but I know one other who wants to start meeting again. I would happily get together with you to talk and see if we can get something going again. I'm 30 now (I see I began this thread when I was 24). I'm doing so much better now. I'd love to help you navigate your treatment since I have a lot of local experience. Also just happy to let you know you're not alone. Message me if you want to meet up!
    Hi Claire, I live on the east coast but I'm 24 and newly diagnosed. Would be interested to hear how you've gotten to a better place over the past 6 years.

Comment

Hi Rachel,
      Only have about a month of experimentation, but I'm feeling a quite a bit better now (still have my bad days, but they are much less frequent). Glucosamine HCl capsules (avoid additives like boron, hyaluronic acid, etc.) and Benefiber (or an off-brand) have been my best friends in this. I can tolerate more acidic foods using these daily and it's a pretty simple first step. I've read Glucosamine can interact with some meds, though, so talk to your doc. The most upsetting thing for me as a 20-something has been having to give up alcohol. I'm still working on acceptance with that. I hope you get some relief soon!
      Tentatively diagnosed - awaiting cytoscopy

Currently taking:
      Vegetable glucosamine HCl 1500mg w/ MSM 1000mg (Bluebonnet Vegetarian Glucosamine) *I swear by this!
      Fiber powder (off-brand Benefiber) 2x per day
      Prelief with most meals

Unsuccessfully tried:
      Vesicare

Comment

Hi Laura. Thanks for your reply. I'd love to chat more if you're up for it. I know we don't live anywhere near each other but I dont know anyone else with this condition, can't find a support group near me and it would be nice to talk to someone close in age who's dealing with it too.

Comment

I can definitely relate to that. It's a very isolating diagnosis. Feel free to private message me with your contact info (whatever form you prefer) and we can be in touch.
          Tentatively diagnosed - awaiting cytoscopy

Currently taking:
          Vegetable glucosamine HCl 1500mg w/ MSM 1000mg (Bluebonnet Vegetarian Glucosamine) *I swear by this!
          Fiber powder (off-brand Benefiber) 2x per day
          Prelief with most meals

Unsuccessfully tried:
          Vesicare

Comment

Hi Laura. I think I sent you a message (I hit send, but there's nothing in my sent folder). If you didn't get it, let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X