what a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a day

I woke stuffy, pink eye, a very fusst baby, a sick teenager, a female dog in heat with 2 males trying to get at her, I slipped fell and hit the corner of the cupboard on my stim OUCH.. and no heat in my car.........

but, lt could be worse..... I am grateful to have all of you to support me and cheer me up
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

I love your quote-- hope you do not mine, but I have to use that: I have IC, IC does not have me.--perfect!
    Last edited by mybladder; 02-16-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Oh Tig...I am so sorry. But I can't help but laugh about the dogs. What a sight that must have been. I can just imagine all the whinning going on.
      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I know what that kind of day is like. You sound like me on a weekly basis. Thank goodness the dog only goes into heat 2x a year or so! I'm hoping to beat that next time by getting her fixed VERY soon! Nothing like doggy sanitary pads! I bought my australian shepherd the CUTEST ruffly pantines that have a slot for a sanitary pad. She's absolutely ADORABLE, until she bites them off and drips all over the carpet again. Arrrrrrrrrgh!

I'm glad you were able to laugh your day off. Sometimes thats all we can do!
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

It was the 1st anniversary of my Mollie's spaying on the 10th. My hubby was so funny. He kept telling her that she should be grateful that she never had to go through that trama of "having a visitor". She just kept wagging that tail (well actually her entire rear end) like she was so excited about it.

Tigger, I have fallen on my stim a couple of times as well as hit it on an arm of a chair at the movie theater one time. It really scared me. When I called about it, they told me that as long as I wasn't feeling any pain to not worry about it. I had a couple of nasty bruises though.

Hope your day is improving!

Comment

piper aka wiggles dose that.. I couldn.t piture piper in ruffle panties.. she is pitt/lab/rotty/mastiff, and weighs a good 90 lbs.. I sure got the whinning here from the teenager, the baby and the dogs,,
            earplugs are a nice thought ...
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I know a lady who puts children pants on her dog when she is in heat. The dog looked funny and guess it didn't work anyway. She just had another puppy.

Comment

What a day's right!!!! Hope it goes better!

Comment

Wow... what a day!!!! I hope it is calmer up there now and you're able to sit down and take a minute to rest... even if it is only a minute it's better than nothing!
                  Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                  *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                  *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                  *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Awful! On a day like that all I want to do is crawl back in bed -- and of course, those are the days we never can!

I'm thanking the fates that we ended up with two male dogs, both "fixed," so at least that's one thing we never had to worry about.
                    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

thank you girls.. hubby watching tv, Ash in her room at her pc.. Jake sleeping, and dogs are momenerly hushed. I am here and blaring music in my ears thru the head phones, patiently waiting for the necessary pain meds to take affect.

Comment

Hope tomorrow's a better day!

diana
                        (\__/)
                        (o.O )
                        (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

thanks diana........... starting to mello out now. listening to Dolly Parton.. and every one is off to bed....... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh me time, so desperately needed

Comment

Can we have a pity party please? I'm having my second bad night with my downstairs neighbor. He's maliciously banging on the floor from one end to the other and there isn't any insulation or anything. It's awful. I'm so depressed. The landlord won't do anything and went out of town, and the sheriff won't do anything. They say that he's not doing anything wrong and did they threaten me. Well, not verbally, but heck I feel threatened! Dang! At least I slept from this afternoon till this evening, because I won't get any sleep now.
                            http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I had a neighbor likt that once, but they were above me...... fought all the time it was unbelivable.. one night they were throwing things, and phone books went out the window thru the glass.. they even went so far as to breaking in my apartment one night when I was gone, stold my pots and pans and my groceries. Police wouldn't do anything... I got to the point that every time they fought I would caall the landlord, whether it be 8 pm or 3am. I broke my lease and lost my deposit but I had to get out of there..

Sending you big hugs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X