No announcement yet.

what a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Moonheart, you have my sympathies. We used to have the upstairs neighbor from hell -- got drunk, started the bathtub running, passed out (about 3 times a week). Well, naturally, his bathroom was right over ours, and the ceiling started coming down... the landlord fixed the ceiling twice, then told us to "work it out on our own." We did -- we moved.

So, your neighbors are banging on their ceiling (your floor)? What makes them even want to do something like that? There are a lot of loonies out there....

Wishing you sleep!
    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Hey Tig-

You need a vacation! I work for ClubMed... where would you like to go? I'm thinking Turks- no kids allowed! LOL!

Hope things smooth out soon...

Missy

Comment

Tig: Hope you are feeling better- and that tomorrow will be a much better day for you!

Comment

clubmed sounds wonderful.. thank you girls... I worked on my car today.. nearly Froze to death.. the blower motor resistor was fried.. I first had to take off the glove box... simple.. then I had to take off this other plastic piece.. a weeee bit harder... then another.. cussing now cuz I am freezin... ok got it off.. never mind I have absolutely no clue what I was looking for, just where to look... ok, now the part I need is up and under this plastic piece from hell and against the fire wall behind the blower motor.. and maybe 2 inches of room.. by this time the car, the weather, the parts and my husband was all sorts of drinking sailor names.. ok frost bit has set in... go back to auto zone and ask WHERE IS IT??????? he comes out and shows me exactly what I was trying to pry out... he says there are two gold screws up there.. yikes um ok thanks hun... I leave, back home in the drive way freezing to death.. toes are numb and lost feeling...... one screw came out like a charm.. the other.. no way was the socket wrench fitting in there... ok 30 mins later I got it.. put the part in screw the first screw in.. piece of cake.. can't get the second one in... sob.. back to auto zone.. he comes out pushes it in further wala there is heat.. but only on setting 4 1,2,3 and 5 don't work.. he said I got to get the second screw in there....... oh and the doc called I got an rx waiting for me for my eye......... ok gotta go and finish putting that impossible screw in that is way under the dash board.... as for the rest of the 6 or so pieces they are not getting put on till its warm I dare my husband to even suggest it.
          hugs
          Last edited by tigger_gal; 02-16-2007, 12:52 PM.
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Tig...Gentle, gentle, gentle (((((hugs))))) coming your way. Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!
            Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

nope the screw just is not going in.. not today.. I did go back to auto zone and asked if it could be bad since 4 is the only number working.. or could it be the control panel... they asked me if I knew a mechanic??? lol yea but not one I can pay right now... soooooooo tomorrow I might take it off, take it back and try another one.. if the same results I will see about a control panel....
              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi,
                I am new here... I love the "friendship" feeling already.
                I had a very horrible case of pink eye in 1992 and have been told recently that pink eye is linked to autoimmune troubles like our IC and so forth (PFD, Endo, IBS, etc..)
                that is really of no help but it may help knowing that it is linked

I will keep you in my prayers!
                The one true cure ... always!
                GL
                Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

Comment

thank you georgia.. to our boards.. I am glad that you feel that way we are all friends here

Comment

I feel for ya. I have know idea how to do anything with a car but drive it and if you ask my husband I'm not really good at that. I hate having to take my car to a mechanic. You never know if your being hosed. My husband isn't any better than me with fixing anything--but if you ask him he can drive!!!

Comment

Thanks to my friends I hung out with as a teenager, thats all they did, so I just paid attention on how to do things.. However, the cars now are not built like they were back then.. bummer. I could rebuild a carb.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by **Angie**
                        I feel for ya. I have know idea how to do anything with a car but drive it and if you ask my husband I'm not really good at that. I hate having to take my car to a mechanic. You never know if your being hosed. My husband isn't any better than me with fixing anything--but if you ask him he can drive!!!
                        It must be something about those men from Tacoma....(actually, don't know if your husband was raised in Tacoma or not, but mine was)...they're the only ones who can drive.
                        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moonheart
                          Can we have a pity party please? I'm having my second bad night with my downstairs neighbor. He's maliciously banging on the floor from one end to the other and there isn't any insulation or anything. It's awful. I'm so depressed. The landlord won't do anything and went out of town, and the sheriff won't do anything. They say that he's not doing anything wrong and did they threaten me. Well, not verbally, but heck I feel threatened! Dang! At least I slept from this afternoon till this evening, because I won't get any sleep now.
                          Well...part deux....

The sheriff's deputies came out along with an ambulance...for me.

My blood pressure was 154/98 and pulse was 120 and my pain was through the roof. So they put me on 100% O2 and made me go to a happy place in my mind. Worked pretty well.

The thing was the cops had snuck up and heard all the dastardly deeds and so they had proof this time and told my neighbor and friends that they were bordering going to jail. (I say way past that stage) Anyway, they told my neighbor he had 24 hours to move (not sure where that one came from) and had all their parents come pick them up cuz they were roaring drunk.

Well, next day I'm in happyland and get a message from my landlady that she's evicting ME because I'M so much trouble!

So I'm hoping it is all a mistake and when she gets home from vacation she'll come over and apologize, because otherwise the gloves are coming off. I was homeless for 4 months last year, I'm not going there again!

Comment

Originally posted by missychan
                            Hey Tig-

You need a vacation! I work for ClubMed... where would you like to go? I'm thinking Turks- no kids allowed! LOL!

Hope things smooth out soon...

Missy
                            I'm in for the ClubMed thing! Take me...I'm yours! :woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by N'importe Qui
                              Oh, Moonheart, you have my sympathies. We used to have the upstairs neighbor from hell -- got drunk, started the bathtub running, passed out (about 3 times a week). Well, naturally, his bathroom was right over ours, and the ceiling started coming down... the landlord fixed the ceiling twice, then told us to "work it out on our own." We did -- we moved.

So, your neighbors are banging on their ceiling (your floor)? What makes them even want to do something like that? There are a lot of loonies out there....

Wishing you sleep!
                              In their words "We have to piss your neighbor off". Wanted to put a bullet in my...anyway.

And to top it all off I got a head cold from the nasal canula up my nose to give me O2. That just ain't right.

Comment

Moonheart, I know you mentioned the eviction earlier but I didn't know the circumstances...***????? you are taken from the apartments in an ambulance and the cops threaten to arrest the neighbors and you get the threat...??? The lady is Whacked!!!! (as far as the cold goes, everyone in my house has had a wicked case except me. I have a theory, my body is so busy fighting a vicious case of IC nothing dares enter)

I'm so sorry...maybe I should come up and live with you, ha, ha....we can share living expenses. Maybe a nicer area. My friend in FL. is concened about me and said she wants me to leave (home) but I can't handle the financial insecurity. we shall see. EEEEWWWW..I just reread your sentence about the canula....are you saying they didn't clean the canula well before they stuck it up your nose.....GROSS.

You know, other people's snot make's me gag...I can clean up almost anything but snot and boogers gross me out to the point of wanting to vomit. I'm trying to get back to my happy place from my counseling appointment today. Yech.\\

I had a psycho neighbor in college. my roomate and I had the very first word processing thingy's...it was called a Brother something and it had a green screen , a key board and a regular typewrite like printer...oh and a 3.5 in floppy disk holder. kinda like a computer mated with a typewriter. So we would do our papers on that. It was wonderful. But a little loud. I think our lower neighbor did crack because she was so damn wierd. One day, I was quietely reading on the couch and she was working on the processor. occasionally she would print something (my room mate) so the lady downstairs went bananas. It was 2 in the afternoon and she started banging on the ceiling with a broom. My roommate went marching downthere and calling her a freak. The lady moved out a week late.

Ah..if only people would do that and not freak out manically with weapons.
                                I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
                                90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
                                Percocet as needed
                                Topomax 100mg day
                                Ambien 10 mg bed
                                desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X