Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mela414
    replied
    Glad to hear that your finally able to get in the shower! yeah!! I hope you are feeling better from your procedure too!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    (((hugs))) go and send your self some flowers and have them write on a card, welcome back to work... and no signature..

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Oh, yes, tigger ... I was oohing and ahhing just like the Herbal Essences commercial ... LOL

It's been great to be able to shower.

But let me tell you, IT SUCKS TO BE BACK AT WORK.

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Congrats, Jen, I know it felt great!

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    omg doesn't it just feel great when you first step out of that first shower? I just felt *human* again :::::aaaahhhhhhh:::::::::

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I bet that felt great, hubby probably heard you oohh and aahhing like the herbal essence shampoo commercials

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Jen, I dont blame you for being cautious! It just breaks my heart to read about all of that stuff going on at your work. I know how much work issues can affect your life, at home and at work. I think that Donna is right, I dont know how anyone could not like you! Another thing I thought of is that maybe they are jealous of you? Because you are so smart and capable and also have a great marriage, etc? Sometimes people feel threatened by people they perceive to have great lives and who are maybe more talented than they are!
    I think it would be a good idea to kinda ease in to it. Your body is still recovering and that takes energy, so you will probably get tired easier. I hope that if you do go in, you have an okay day!
    Love Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Yeah, Dr. Evans said I could return to work at any time. I am a little bit more cautious than he is since I am the one that still has that incision -- I guess I'm still a little paranoid that I'm going to bend or twist just right and pop that little sucker right open again. I know it's probably closed pretty darn well, since it's not THAT big, but you know, there's always that worry...

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Jen, I'm sure it can't be that they don't like you. I suspect it's because you are management --- if you were a lab aide or clerk, you would be more apt to get the flowers, etc. I know when I was at the hospital, when I was promoted from Administrative Secretary to a management position it made a real difference. People seem to think management people are somehow different and not in need of support and encouragement.

Please take it easy going back to work; don't overdo. You've been doing so well it would be tragic to ruin it by doing too much too soon. Is your doctor okay with your going to work?

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm looking forward to another shower today

Sarah, I was able to get some time; about a week and a half to two weeks. I am thinking of going back tomorrow to work just a short week -- to ease into it, as they say. I think it would be pretty tough to just throw myself into a full work week just a week and a half after having the permanent implant surgery, even though I'm healing nicely. My boss wasn't pleased, but he pretty much had to allow it, since it was a surgery.

Of course, not one person from work even bothered to send a quick email to see how I've been doing.... made me very upset at first, since they have sent flowers and cards to others who have been out for an extended period, but now I've just resigned myself to the fact that they do not like me and that is a toxic environment for me to be working in. At this rate, I just need to go back and get things done, and I have to start a job search! I have started that last one, the job search, and haven't heard anything yet. But I can always hope!!

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    You know...I have always said that if someone could just bottle that feeling you get when you are able to take a shower and get really clean; they would have enough money to buy the world.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, yeah, Jen. I know that feeling, like coming home after a long hospitalization. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Oh man, I am sure that felt SOOO wonderful. I often cant help but guilty about how much I enjoy taking nice hot showers. I guess because so many people in the world live without this luxury we consider essential. That still doesnt diminish my enjoyment of it though!
    How are you feeling now Jen? A month after the surgery? I hope you are feeling better. Did you end up getting the time of work for you to have a decent recovery period? I read about the whole situation on your myspace page.
    Hope you can get some sleep now that you feel squeaky clean!
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Oh I bet tha did feel good........:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X