Clear All

• mary124
    replied
    Donna, that is just great. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Donna that is great. :woohoo:

Dezcha, it took me some time to figure it out too. My daughter sign me up on this website and then I was afraid I would do something wrong. Sometimes I would do something, then can't figure out how in the world did I do it, but then I evenutally figured it out.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna
    I thought I'd spend less time on the internet with high speed, but just got it yesterday and I can't stay away.

WOW! It's like some kind of wonderful magic.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Donna
    LOL!

I know the feeling. I need to cut mine down but I just can't imagine going back to dial up. I think I'd have a stroke.

So happy for you!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    cookies

heres a fairly low carb cookiethey are small and ic friendly
    2 of them are a nice treat if you really need to cure that sweet craving and chase that hugh bowl of ice cream away.!!
    i cube butter
    1 cup quick quaker oats
    1 cup splenda
    1t . flour1/2tspvanilla
    1egg.melt butter in a pan large enough to holsd all the other ingredientsadd all the ingredients . ( MY PAPER GOT WET AND SMEARED SO IF IT LOOKS RUNNY TO YOU ADD MORE OATS TO MAKE A COOKIE TEXTURE)
    COVER A COOKIE SHEET WITH ALUMINUM FOIL AND PUT THE DULL SIDE UP DROP BY TSP ON SHEET FAR APART. COOK TILL GOLDEN BROWN AT 350 ABOUT 8-10 MINUTES. MAKES ABOUT 20 COOKIES,sorry for the caps ..idontsee so well and i didnt know it was on..
    my daughter volunteers for the fire dept here in town and helps the women when tbheres a fire to help take care of the men when they are fighting fires i make these for their bake sale and they go fast.!!
    dezcha...more later

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    hashbrown pie

this is a easy recipe and low carb even with the potatoes if you have a slice along with another breakfast food .ummmmmmmmm like the quiche recipe.!
    3 cups frozen shredded potatoes
    1/3 cup margarine
    1 cup (4oz) shredded cheese (your choice) i use cheddar
    1/4 cupfinely chopped bell pepper
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 of pepper
    i add 1/2 cup bacon bits but yiu can add 1 cup cooked sausage , real bacon, cooked and broken in small pieces, or chopped ham
    thaw frozen hash browns and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9'pieplate drizzle with butter
    bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. ( this is when i chop the peppers or you can cube up your meat )cool for 10 minutes.
    mix your meat, cheese and pepper together and spoon into the potatoe crust combine egg and the next 3 ingredients and pour on top of the
    pie bake at 350 for 30 minutes. let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
    this can be made the night before and just reheat in the microwave
    or prepare it the night befire but dont add the egg mixture . refrigerate and add the egg ingredient in the morn for a fresh bake

a few weeks ago we went to A CABIN in the snow for my grandkids to go snow boarding. i made this and the quiche.this was breakfast for everyone and it kept and served up well . not freezeable
    dezcha

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Dezcha...Go to the Forum page where all the titles of the different boards are...click on one of the titles on the left inside the blue box...click on the place where it says start new thread or something like that. You will then be able to begin a new thread. Be sure you title it or it will spit back to you telling you to do that. I am not a Geek so I hope this makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Donna...As my Gorgeous Geek Hubby always tells me (when he installs something new on my puter)... to the 21st Century.

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    soup

campbells makes the healthy requests soups ..like chicken noodle and mushroom, you know mushroom is good over chicken and rice etc well the healthy request has no citric acid, also progresso soups that are 50%less salt have no citric acid. like the chicken noodle and theres no msg valley fresh 40%less sodium chicken broth is msg free and no citric acid.i forget who said they would have to eat green beans for the rest of their life,, relaxx, go have some soup with nice homemade croutons
    with the croutons you can make a nice stuffing for thansgiving and have broth for your mashed potatoes, !!!more recipes coming..dezcha

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    croutons

low carb croutons.
    you can use any bread to do this but i try to stay low carb
    i use sara lee white and wheat bread
    i remove the crust and cut them into squares stacking 4-5 pieces and slice
    place them in a large bowl
    add olive oil or veg oil just enought to coat the bread lightly. dont saturate.
    sprinkle in parmesian if you can handle that
    or dried parsly,a little garlic powder,
    you can try any combination of seasoning you like
    apread the bread cubes on a cookie sheet and place in 350 oven for about 10 minutes . keep checking they brown fast.
    i bag them up and freeze them.
    good on salad , soups, just for a snack, perfect for making your own bread crumbs.to add to meatloaf or bread fish or chicken
    just remember if your watching carbs a slice has 7 carbs so measure it in acup when you cube them to see what one slice equalsso you dont go over board. dezcha

Leave a comment:

• DEZCHA
    replied
    recipes

i dont know how to start a new post so i ll just add them here if thats ok.... these are i.c. friendly and low in carbs.
    crispy zucchinni
    ] 5 small zucchinni 2 eggs or equal egg substitute
    2 cups veg oil
    1/4th cup of romano cheese
    2 cups herb flavored stuffing mix(or make your own with any i.c. friendly bread (how to in below)
    wash zucchinni ,pat dry.l cut off ends,then cut in 1/2 and then in 3rds so you have 3 long strips.
    put your stuffing in a blender, osterizer and pulse to form crumbs
    dip zucchinni in egg then crumbs and fry ..turning them till they are golden brown
    sprinkle with cheese or drizzle carb solutions jar cheese over top.
    i serve them with a toss salad
    but they would be good with just about any dish

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    So happy for you :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It is great!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    meme, I am the same way now!! LMAO!! It cracks me up - I guess I need to have dial-up for a bit to appreciate that what I think may be slow now, is so not!!

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I just got high speed last year. Its soooo great! Now though, if its running a little slow (nowhere near dial up though) it just drives me nuts!!!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LMAO!! Isn't it fun!! It's amazing how much you can get done, I agree, it's a strange and wonderful kind of magic! Cheers!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X