Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonheart
    replied
    Just had to share my new find on the web. I came across these while looking up Pixie Bobs. These are just GORGEOUS AND HUGE!!!! :woohoo:

Enjoy!
    http://members.tripod.com/Lynxoticatz/Savannah.htm

http://members.tripod.com/Lynxoticat...0f2%20girl.jpg

http://members.tripod.com/Lynxoticat...big%20feet.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Originally posted by IC SARAH-CPP
    The pixies are SO cute!! Their faces do look like Bengals or something. Did you say you had a pixie Moonheart? I want a cat now! I just have to work on hubby, lol.
    I am so happy you explained your name Jen. I have always wondered where it came from. I agree also that perfection is not an ideal I would ever like to achieve or a state I would like everything to be in. How could you enjoy the good moments if you never had any bad moments? If we lived everyday in our idea of perfection, wouldnt it cease to be perfect and become ordinary?
    I too have always loved Paddington's name. There is something very comforting about it!
    I didnt know you had a bunny Kara. I grew up with bunnies. My mom loved them. I was horrified in france how many people ate rabbit. It seemed to be the main dish at most restaurants! Icky. I am very American when it comes to the meat I will eat. No sheep stomach, rabbit or bull balls for me, lol!
    I love this thread. It is so cool to hear all about everyones pets. They bring us so much joy.
    Sarah
    I had two of them, one long hair and one short hair. They were so wonderful! I had to give them up during some hard times a few years ago. I miss them alot. They were absolute loves.

I only have my Yorkie now. But I'd love to have the Pixies again someday.

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    The pixies are SO cute!! Their faces do look like Bengals or something. Did you say you had a pixie Moonheart? I want a cat now! I just have to work on hubby, lol.
    I am so happy you explained your name Jen. I have always wondered where it came from. I agree also that perfection is not an ideal I would ever like to achieve or a state I would like everything to be in. How could you enjoy the good moments if you never had any bad moments? If we lived everyday in our idea of perfection, wouldnt it cease to be perfect and become ordinary?
    I too have always loved Paddington's name. There is something very comforting about it!
    I didnt know you had a bunny Kara. I grew up with bunnies. My mom loved them. I was horrified in france how many people ate rabbit. It seemed to be the main dish at most restaurants! Icky. I am very American when it comes to the meat I will eat. No sheep stomach, rabbit or bull balls for me, lol!
    I love this thread. It is so cool to hear all about everyones pets. They bring us so much joy.
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Oh I'm so glad you like them Kara! Aren't they wonderful? They are such loves . They have black ear tips so they are very much like wild cats and similar to the Lynx.

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Pixie Bobs

The Pixie Bobs look like giant Bengals. They are so beautiful!!!

I originally wanted and Abyssinian but my Husband wanted a Maine Coon. After visiting several breeders, I fell in love with Peggy's Maine Coons and well....gave in. Am I ever so glad that I did. I still someday would love to have and Abby but the time isn't right. We would like a little girl when my 12 year old bunny passes. I would like a Silver Tabby Maine Coon next. One of my best friends has a silver female Maine Coon and she is gorgeous!! They are often referred to as Gentle Giants.

Jen,

Your name is so special. I'm glad you taught us what it means. I love Paddington's name. I always have! Sometimes I refer to Ghengus as a BIG Bear. We have a photo from Alaska of a Polar Bear that we think of as Gheng (only he's brown). We have a photo of an Otter from Alaska that we refer to as Justin's. Justin sits like an otter. The fur between the toes reminds me of ALF. Hehe

Wouldn't it be something if they met eachother. I wonder if it would be a hissing festival at first.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Oooh, I should have caught that! I'm a huge fan of Utopian/anti-Utopian culture.

Now you got me excited.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Sarah -- I'm not sure how they get them to pose, but there are photographers who specialize in photographing cats, and I'm sure they have all sorts of tricks to use. Sometimes I wish I knew what they were!

"Asbjorn" means "divine bear" in Norwegian. Since the original "Paddington" is a bear, and we named our kitten Paddington because he was going to be a big, gentle bear of a cat, we chose Asbjorn because (1) it fit with his first name and (2) it went with hubby's Norwegian heritage.

As for "Sarojini" -- it comes from Aldous Huxley's lesser known book "Island." In the book, a man ends up on an island that seems like the perfect utopia, but as the man delves more into the culture, he is horrified by some things... the lesson being that even perfection can be crappy. One of the characters is named Mary Sarojini, and being a Huxley fan I took the name, since I do believe things that are too perfect can be crappy

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Okay, now I have to show off how cute Pixie Bobs are. They are similar to Maine Coons I think in that they are big and cuddly with great personalities. I love their spotted bellies!

http://www.pixiebobs.org/kings.html

http://www.pixiebobs.org/LitterVardaSalal.html

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    He is SOOO cute Jen! How do they get them to pose like that? I like the kinda white ones, they are so pretty. What does asbjorn mean?
    Oh one other thing I have always wondered is what does your screen name stand for? It is very unusual.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Oh, Maines come in all different colors -- the standard tabby ones, tabby with white chests and paws, reddish tabbies rather than brown, solid black, grey, everything

I got Paddington from longtime breeders in Memphis -- they are/were president and treasurer of the Maine Coon Breeders and Fanciers Association. They were wonderful and cared deeply about all of their cats -- and even wouldn't sell cats to people they got a "bad feeling" about! Luckily, they liked Hubby and I a lot and we got my Padster

You can check out their site -- http://www.calitan.net for Calicoon and Tanstaafl Maine Coons. Lynne and Beth merged their separate catteries into one a while ago hence the double name. (Pad is a Calicoon kitty -- full registered name is Calicoon Paddington Asbjorn ).

Oh... and if you go to the site, click on "Past Kittens." Scroll down until you see the picture of three brown tabby kittens in a basket -- it's just above the pics of all the pure black kittens. In that basket, the kitten on the LEFT is Paddington when he was two months old. LOL

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Oh my gosh Kara, i went and looked at that website and they are just so cute. I like that big fluffy whiteish one! I have never seen a whiteish maine coon before. They do look well cared for too.
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Breeders

Maine Coons are not wild.

My Maine Coons both came from the same carefully chosen Breeder in Spingfield, MA. We love her and will continue to go with her for as long as she continues to do it. She doesn't believe in showing her Maine Coons because it was as she put it, "too stessful on her Coons". We visited several Catteries before we settled on the Oldstage Maine Coons.

http://oldestagemainecoons.tripod.com/Cattery.html

Kara

Ghengus and Justin together.

Last edited by Kara29; 03-09-2007, 05:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Oh good, it's not just me.

I don't want to offend anyone who purchases at pet stores. It's just that not everyone realizes what goes on there.

I'm a huge pet lover as well. I used to pick up every stray critter around. I brought home crawdads, baby birds...anyway...

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Moonheart, I have to say I agree 100% with you about the pet stores. I know that might be controversial but I do agree. I also have a big big problem with many zoos. Most zoos. Some seem to have the animals best interest at heart but many dont.
    I am a huge animal lover. My stepdad always gets upset with me b/c he says I care about animal suffering more than people suffering.
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Try to look for a good breeder through referrals and stuff because someone who breeds for the love of the animal typically won't take them to a pet store to sell. (I know that's probably controversial, so no offense please.)

Also, pet stores can charge 2,3, and sometimes more times the amount that a quality breeder will charge. A good breeder will tell you that you are buying a pet quality animal and not a show quality, and price the animal accordingly.

My aunt has four little YORKIE boy puppies for sale right now and will just hang onto them until they sell, rather than take them to a petstore where they won't be as healthy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X