Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am all moved and loving it!

Hello my lovely IC friends,

Sorry I haven't posted in quite awhile but I was so busy with the move and getting settled in that I just couldn't get on to post. That and the fact that the internet situation in Hawaii is a little messed up! My wireless connection on my laptop moves at the pace of a snail and I have to drive to town to use it!

But I am really starting to enjoy it over there. It is a big adjustment, a really BIG one but it is rewarding at the same time. We truly live differently over here, especially different from crazy California. I barely need to drive, people are truly never in a hurry and if they are, the are almost always tourists! Who BTW usually drive me crazy. People will always let you in while driving, they have time to stop and talk and seem to want to make friends with new people.

Probably what I enjoy most though is the way we can live in harmony with the environment. I am a major conservation person but in California, I found it so hard to live as one.I used AC, drove about an hour a day, had all the modern comforts, and so many other things. Over here we catch all of our water from the rain water, grow alot of our own food, have solar power, cycle all over the place, and just try to live as environmentally friendly as we can.

The financial stress of living in Cali is gone too and i cant tell you how much better I feel physically and mentally now. My husband and I made well over 100,000 a year together and could barely survive there and that just sucks. Now I can easily live on 1500 dollars a month! I love it.

One very sad thing though is that we had to put our precious dalmation, Raider, to sleep on April 2nd. His kindneys were failing and he just got so sick, I didnt want him to suffer anymore. I am still mourning for him but I know he is at peace now.

Well I missed all of you! I hope you are all doing okay and cant wait to catch up on what is going on. And I wasnt lying when I said you are welcome to visit me over there! I will show you a wonderful time.

Aloha
    Sarah
    Current meds; , effexor 37.5 mg 2 times a day, and lyrica 100 mg 3 times a day, lots of reading and snuggling with the pets!

Sarah...So good to hear from you. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new life. But, I am so sorry about the loss of you precious Raider. That is truly sad.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear about Raider.
      I am happy to hear how well you are adjusting to your new, beautiful, home! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kara
      Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
      http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

welcome home sara we have missed you. I am glad the move went well and you are very happy.. that is so good for ic too. I am so sorry about your pooch. I sat in the vet floor and cried like a 2 year old 9 years ago when I had to put Tudy, my manchester, to sleep. Her bladder was leaking into her skin and in heart failure.
        oh and so sorry your internet is slow. that really sucks.
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

AWW Hawaii, beautiful place to live, lived there for 3 years. Sorry to hear about your baby.

Comment

So glad you move is done & you're loving it! I think I may be finished moving by Christmas LOL, what a job. So sorry about Raider, was it from the dog food thing? Enjoy life in Hawaii, Kathi
            One Day At A Time
            Kathi

Comment

Sounds heavenly! I'm glad you are getting settled in and like it!!! I hope you find GREAT doctors there too.

Hugs,
              Kara
              Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
              Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
              Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Comment

Jerry and I considered Hawaii for our honeymoon, but found it out of our budget. Im so glad you are happy in your new beautiful home!
                Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

hello

Hi there... Just wanted to say hello and welcome back to you Especially since we both put IC in front of our names.. haha.. yeah i thought it was clever too... ICKIRSTI... no you dont!! anyhow, I am soo sorry to hear about Raider. I lost my bambam recently too. She was a rottweiler and was my best friend. I rest assured that we will see them again soon! For they are anxiously awaiting our return home!
                  Also, I loved reading about your new life in Hawaii! My family, on my mother's side all reside in Finland. So, you know,it is the north pole and all.. definately not hawaii... However, they too are Much more advanced in energy conservation, and much more in tune with the glories and wonders that only mother nature can provide. A car is definately NOT mandatory. In fact, it is preferrable NOT to have a car, or perhaps have one per family(closer towards Lapland).They even use solar energy in the airports! When its bright the shades open up so as to use sunlight instead of artificial light. I love it there. Actually, so much that when I return back to Jersey, I usually go through one large month long panic attack. Which reminds me, I really have to must move soon too! Well, welcome back! It is so nice to meet you, and I wish you all the best!
                  Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

Working...
                  X