X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICKIRSTI
    replied
    hello

Hi there... Just wanted to say hello and welcome back to you Especially since we both put IC in front of our names.. haha.. yeah i thought it was clever too... ICKIRSTI... no you dont!! anyhow, I am soo sorry to hear about Raider. I lost my bambam recently too. She was a rottweiler and was my best friend. I rest assured that we will see them again soon! For they are anxiously awaiting our return home!
    Also, I loved reading about your new life in Hawaii! My family, on my mother's side all reside in Finland. So, you know,it is the north pole and all.. definately not hawaii... However, they too are Much more advanced in energy conservation, and much more in tune with the glories and wonders that only mother nature can provide. A car is definately NOT mandatory. In fact, it is preferrable NOT to have a car, or perhaps have one per family(closer towards Lapland).They even use solar energy in the airports! When its bright the shades open up so as to use sunlight instead of artificial light. I love it there. Actually, so much that when I return back to Jersey, I usually go through one large month long panic attack. Which reminds me, I really have to must move soon too! Well, welcome back! It is so nice to meet you, and I wish you all the best!

Leave a comment:

• kuntrygurl78
    replied
    Jerry and I considered Hawaii for our honeymoon, but found it out of our budget. Im so glad you are happy in your new beautiful home!

Leave a comment:

• Kara Isabel
    replied
    Sounds heavenly! I'm glad you are getting settled in and like it!!! I hope you find GREAT doctors there too.

Hugs,
    Kara

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    So glad you move is done & you're loving it! I think I may be finished moving by Christmas LOL, what a job. So sorry about Raider, was it from the dog food thing? Enjoy life in Hawaii, Kathi

Leave a comment:

• work it
    replied
    AWW Hawaii, beautiful place to live, lived there for 3 years. Sorry to hear about your baby.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    welcome home sara we have missed you. I am glad the move went well and you are very happy.. that is so good for ic too. I am so sorry about your pooch. I sat in the vet floor and cried like a 2 year old 9 years ago when I had to put Tudy, my manchester, to sleep. Her bladder was leaking into her skin and in heart failure.
    oh and so sorry your internet is slow. that really sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear about Raider.
    I am happy to hear how well you are adjusting to your new, beautiful, home! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kara

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Sarah...So good to hear from you. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new life. But, I am so sorry about the loss of you precious Raider. That is truly sad.

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    started a topic I am all moved and loving it!

I am all moved and loving it!

Hello my lovely IC friends,

Sorry I haven't posted in quite awhile but I was so busy with the move and getting settled in that I just couldn't get on to post. That and the fact that the internet situation in Hawaii is a little messed up! My wireless connection on my laptop moves at the pace of a snail and I have to drive to town to use it!

But I am really starting to enjoy it over there. It is a big adjustment, a really BIG one but it is rewarding at the same time. We truly live differently over here, especially different from crazy California. I barely need to drive, people are truly never in a hurry and if they are, the are almost always tourists! Who BTW usually drive me crazy. People will always let you in while driving, they have time to stop and talk and seem to want to make friends with new people.

Probably what I enjoy most though is the way we can live in harmony with the environment. I am a major conservation person but in California, I found it so hard to live as one.I used AC, drove about an hour a day, had all the modern comforts, and so many other things. Over here we catch all of our water from the rain water, grow alot of our own food, have solar power, cycle all over the place, and just try to live as environmentally friendly as we can.

The financial stress of living in Cali is gone too and i cant tell you how much better I feel physically and mentally now. My husband and I made well over 100,000 a year together and could barely survive there and that just sucks. Now I can easily live on 1500 dollars a month! I love it.

One very sad thing though is that we had to put our precious dalmation, Raider, to sleep on April 2nd. His kindneys were failing and he just got so sick, I didnt want him to suffer anymore. I am still mourning for him but I know he is at peace now.

Well I missed all of you! I hope you are all doing okay and cant wait to catch up on what is going on. And I wasnt lying when I said you are welcome to visit me over there! I will show you a wonderful time.

Aloha
    Sarah
Working...
X