• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandramac
    replied
    That's great!
    I hope to be able to sit down at a table one day with Kara & her family,
    That would be so amazing . I'm glad you were both able to meet!
    Hugs Sandra

Leave a comment:

• Ginny
    replied
    From Ginny

Carolyn,
    I just saw your post. It was great meeting you also. What I wanted to tell everyone is Carolyn and I both worked for the same University before going out on disability not too long ago. What a small world!

When we think we are all alone in this fight for health we meet someone so close to home.

Ginny

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    That is great! There is a lady here who lives in Austin, I met her in person finally in October or November. I talk to her on the phone quite a lot. Not as much as we like due to my work schedule and by the time I get home; I'm tired! (bonus part of all of this our husbands get along as well!!)

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    That is AWESOME! I am glad you got to meet and had a great time! It was great getting to meet Marilyn. She was the first one I had met in person. Marilyn, I cant wait for ya'll to come on up! We will have loads of fun! I just wish you lived closer. (She lives in Nashville, where my pain clinic is.)

I wish I had some ICers that lived in my town too. So far, I have come across one on the ICN that lives within 30 min of me. (Technically, we are in the same town.) I was so thrilled to find her! She is new to the ICN and we have been PMing, but havent met yet. I would love to have enough to have an IC Support Group.

Anyway, that's awesome that you got to meet your first ICer! It is so nice being able to talk to someone in person who "gets it".

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Carolyn...I am so happy you were able to have this experience. It really is wonderful meeting someone in person who has this disease because you have an instant relationship and understanding. You don't have to go into detail explaining things. I have had the pleasure of meeting three people in person. One who is an ICN Sister and two who are not. I am also anticipating meeting two more ICN Sisters in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Thats great! I wish I could hang out with someone too, but not many people in my area.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    That sounds so nice Carolyn. I have been hoping to find someone in my area w/ IC and some people have been in the state but not really close by. I'm glad you had such a nice time

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    Isn't that great, I got to meet Amy a couple of weeks ago, and you feel like long lost friends after talking so much here. I wish Amy lived closer, but I plan to go visit her farm in the summer with my son.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    started a topic Meeting Ginny

Meeting Ginny

Today I had the great pleasure of meeting Ginny, one of our ICN friends, in person. She only lives a few miles from me, it turns out, so she came and got me and we went to a local coffee house. Ginny is a terrific person, and it's amazing to sit and talk to someone who absolutely gets it.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to quite a few of you on the phone (you know who you are ), but this was my first in-person encounter. Thank you for this afternoon, Ginny!
Working...
X