Slept thru the night-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slept thru the night-

Wow for the 3rd night in a row I slept most of the night thru!! This is even going thru everything with my sister. (she gave me one of her Tylenol PM's to take along with everything else-like I really needed it!!) but she said it helps her sleep and she was more worried about me getting some rest and having to do things for her and then going home and taking care of my family and working, etc that I needed to sleep as well. So I took one and I went to bed my regular time which is around 10:30 or so and I sleep till 5:00 (which is pretty much when I wake--I get up at 6:00) but still this is really good as I usually wake up at 2:00 and 4:00 - sometimes can't get back to sleep). It says not to take on a long term bases (10 days or so) so I will stop after while and start up again). What ever works, works!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: just make sure that they are ok to take with your other medications. You can also ask your doctor about Lunesta and Ambien. Isn't it great to finally feel rested? I am happy for you
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I agree with Tig, you might want to confer with your doc on the routine usage of it, they may have something better for you, like Tig said, Ambien or Lunesta, etc.

It is a wonderful thing to sleep through the night, I remember the first night I slept through when I was newly diagnosed, oh my, it was heavenly! And it was so much easier to deal with things when I was rested, wow, what a difference it made to me!!!!
      Hugs,
      Tracey
      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
      IC dx'd Nov 2004
      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
      Possible IBS
      Current IC Meds
      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
      Previous IC Meds taken:
      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
      Others:
      Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
      Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
      Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
      Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

It's great that you are getting some well deserved rest. I'm going through my insomnia stage again. We just switched satellite tv companies and have all these great HD channels and I find myself wide awake at 3 am!

Take it while you can get it I say!
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Yes, I just talk to my family doctor's nurse as I got my test results back, and I asked her she said its alright for now to take it, but if I continue to need something that i really need to come in and talk to the doctor.

Comment

Good for you!!! Cheers!! Oh boy how I can relate. I remember vividly my first good sleep after being diagnosed, and the next day I felt re-charged and more optimistic. I think it is very important for us to get extra zzzzzz's if we can. It sure helps my outlook!! And while on the subject it's time for me to go to bed so good night and sleep tight everybody!!

Comment

Working...
            X