A Normal Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Normal Day

I am so thankful for days when I can feel like a normal person..
    Yesterday we took my 4 year old nephew (along with my parents/his grandparents) to Niagara Falls to the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, to spend a nice Father's Day... It was such a great day. I was symptom free pretty much throughout the day (I say that, but i so far I dont think i really have a lot of symptoms... mainly mine are urethral burning, which can be rather intense) and I got to have a lot of fun going down waterslides and playing with my nephew... I love being with my family, and to spend an entire day not thinking about IC, or worrying about it, was a complete blessing.
    I am so grateful for this day, because I got to feel like I did before I was diagnosed... I got to feel like the old me, and then felt so much like I could become that person again...
    Yay for good days! They are so helpful in my healing process...
    Hope all of you have these days as well! Remember them, celebrate them... they will get you through the tough days.

"Its a troublesome world all the people who're in it
    Are troubled with troubles, almost every minute
    Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky
    Some people are much more, oh muchly much more
    unlucky than you!" Dr. Seuss

I'm glad you had such a nice day. We all need those days, even if they are few and far between. Congratulations!

Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

So gald you enjoyed your day.

Comment

Jube - I loved reading your post...I know that "good day" feeling and there is nothing else like it! I am so glad that you had a good day - and I hope that you have many more...Linda
        Last edited by lan; 06-20-2007, 05:03 PM.
        Sudden onset of UTI like symtoms on Dec 27, 2006.
        Diagnosed with IC on March 12, 2007.
        Current Meds: 50mg Elavil
        "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle" author unknown

Comment

Thanks for sharing your happiness with us. Im glas you had a good day
          Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X