Thankful for Target pharmacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankful for Target pharmacy

This afternoon, I stopped at Target to pick up my instillation medicines.
    Every time, I've done so, I've been just so grateful for the kindness & professionalism of their staff. They special - order the medicines for me & carefully pack them up so the glass bottles don't break on my way home. And they do this smilingly and friendly. Having IC is bad, having the hassles that go with IC is maddening, but people who are kind & helpful are angels on earth!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

What a great post! We need to remember to thank the people who do help us as much as we want to complain about those who don't

HUGS Kadi!!!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I was just complaining today about how some people seem to go out of their way to be insensitive and rude to others for no reason other than they feel like doing so. I approach everyone with the respect and kindness they deserve, so it boggles my mind why everyone cant do the same.

It was nice to come across this post!

Be kind, people! A smile and a bit of politeness goes a long way!
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

I worked for Target in another Department prior to my having to leave work due to IC. I can say that I love my pharmacy team we had. One of our pharmacist would work all day tracking down a med for me at the best price possible! Everyone in the pharmacy cared so much about me, they would tell me of others with IC (of course not telling me their names) and sometimes I would try to help by telling them what Dr's to recommend the other women see. Target is a wonderful environment, I worked on so many volunteer projects with them (along with my family) I miss everyone there sooooo much. Even though I no longer work there, your post makes me feel proud. I was in HR and was responsible for seeing that Team Members were trained properly and were always there to help our Guests. BTW, for anyone looking for extra seasonal work, I can highly recommend Target. Although most have probably filled all of their positions. Thanks again, your post made my day. I hope to go back one day, but fear even if I can return to working, it will not be in that fast paced of an environment. We literally ran our behinds off!!

Sandra

Unfortunately since I left and had to go on my Husbands insurance I no longer am able to use their pharmacy. I frequently get notes on FaceBook to come by and see them, but right now I am still "mourning" my inability to work. I think I would cry if I were to go there. In your post, you have given me a motivation to want to go see them, maybe I will very soon. Thank you.
        Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
        Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
        http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

I know how you feel-I have been going to one Wal-mart forever or so it seems. They know me by my name and always ask how I'm doing. (I also go to one other pharmacy --I know you should always stick with the same one, but there was a lot of construction at one time and I never did change back) anyway, enough of this...) I was really upset when we received letters in the mail from the main part of the insurance who handles the pharmacy and said Walmart will no longer be serving us....this other store that I go to (and I been going there for a long time as well) never seems to smile, say hi how are you, etc..) It makes a big difference. Thankfully, Walmart is back doing business with this company now, as I really hated that I would have to trade pharmacies.

Comment

Working...
          X