Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS anyone doing the ANGEL program this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS anyone doing the ANGEL program this year?

Just wondering???

Hugs and blessings
    MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Are you talking about the Angle Christmas tree?

DIAMIC65

Comment

What is the Angel Program and Angel Christmas Tree?
      Diagnosed Sept. 2009 based on symptoms

Current Medications:

Elmiron 100 mg 3x per day (started Sept. 09)

Glucosamine w/MSM 1000 mg per day (started Oct. 2009) Added Glucosamine w/MSM and Chondroiton in Jan. 2010

Elavil 12 mg at bedtime (started Dec. 2009) Upped my dose to 25mg on Dec.14th) Lowered dose to 12 mg again on Dec. 28 due to the feeling that I was having slight retention

IC Diet

Ativan as needed .5 mg (this really seems to help with my symptoms)

Update as of Jan. 6th 2010

Stopping Elmiron and weaning off of Elavil

Started using 10 mg vaginal valium

Comment

Where I live we have a an Angel Christmas tree for kids that will not have nothing for Christmas. We take a name off the tree and they tell Santa what they want for Christmas. Toys, cloths, shoes. Our American Legion has a Christmas party for them. Thats when Santa gives them the toys and we pass out goodies. Then we have a pizza party for all the kids in town the next day.

Its lots of fun just to se them light up with big eyes

DIAMIC65

Comment

Wow! That is so special. I bet the kids have a blast!
          Diagnosed Sept. 2009 based on symptoms

Current Medications:

Elmiron 100 mg 3x per day (started Sept. 09)

Glucosamine w/MSM 1000 mg per day (started Oct. 2009) Added Glucosamine w/MSM and Chondroiton in Jan. 2010

Elavil 12 mg at bedtime (started Dec. 2009) Upped my dose to 25mg on Dec.14th) Lowered dose to 12 mg again on Dec. 28 due to the feeling that I was having slight retention

IC Diet

Ativan as needed .5 mg (this really seems to help with my symptoms)

Update as of Jan. 6th 2010

Stopping Elmiron and weaning off of Elavil

Started using 10 mg vaginal valium

Comment

Do you mean the ICN Angel program?

I was wondering about that, too. I know Jamie has previously been the coordinator but don't know if there is a plan to do it this year.

Comment

We have started our IC Network Angel Program. We did change the rules for this year.
              Usually we help out parents who have heavy doctor bills/prescriptions....and just don't have the extra money for their childrens gifts. But this year, with most areas having heavy job loss, we are focusing more on families who could really use a giftcard for food.
              Let me know if I can answer any questions you have regarding the program.

Hopefully those who need assistance with gifts, for their children, will take advantage of all the local help they can receive in their area.
              Tons of support,
              Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

That's great Jamie - thanks for filling us in!

Comment

Do we just let you know if we want to participate, Jamie? Or is there a link I'm just missing? Thanks!

Comment

You can PM Jaime..
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X