No announcement yet.

Please pray---I am losing my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry you're going through this. It happened to me, too. My nurse manager basically said she knew I'd done a great job, "WHEN I was THERE", meaning I was out way to much to suit her.

The only problem I see in your post is that usually you have to file for short term disability before you can get long term. Thats how it was with the company I had which is the Hartford. It's a great company and they paid me my due money every month, but I had to follow their rules. I don't know if you have this option, but you should look into it before filing a LTD claim.

I hope things work out for you and again, I'm really sorry!

Hugs, Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sandy,
      Our company doesn't have STD. Gosh, I wished we did! But I work for an insurance agency and STD coverage is expensive especially for a small business. Most people don't want to pay 7-8 bucks a week for that kind of coverage but are willing to pay 2.50 for LTD. I still have another 30 days of elimination period before my coverage would kick in out of 90 days. I have read that contract so many times I have commited it to memory.
      Wendi
      IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
      Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
      Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
      I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

Comment

Good, well, at least that's a good thing. 30 more days sure beats 90 days in a row without any income at all. I really do hope things work out for you.
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I had a similar situation....did a great job when there.

Faith, Hope, and Love,
          Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
          Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Working...
          X