Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leelee88
    replied
    A fever that high is very dangerous.. I dont know what her doctor is thinking!

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    replied
    Oooh that's scary! I babysat a little girl when I was 14 (would NEVER let a 14yr old ever babysit my future kids by the way)...... and the girl was 3yrs old and acting lethargic because she wasn't playing and just wanted to lay down and watch tv in the middle of the day, which was really out of character for her.... so I picked her up and took her temperature with an oral, digital thermometer.... well once it kept on slowly climbing above 100, I immediatly called my mom (who is a nurse and also the neighbor of the lady I was babysiting for, thankfully) and while I was on the phone with her, Taylor's temperature reached 105!!!!!!!!!!!!!! craziness, when I think about it now! I gave her tylenol, and put her in a luke warm bath and called her mom to come... memories... the sucky thing with Taylor was that she had some type of epilepsy that was induced by high fevers which made me even more paranoid but luckily she didn't have one that day because I caught it quick... (or as quick as you could, considering that Taylor was perky and healthy when her mom left like an hour earlier!)

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Poor little guy....Hope he gets to feeling better very soon!

D

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    started a topic Really Sick

Really Sick

OMG! My neighbor and really good friend just came by my house. Her 2 year old son Hayden is in the hospital with a 106 degree fever! They said his white blood cell count is elevated and he has fluid in his abdomen. Her doctor is telling her it's not life threatening but a fever that high in a 2 year old scares the crap out of me. Their family is going through so much, Jess (my friend) her grandmother was just diagnoised with pancriotic (sp?) cancer last week, just got home from the hospital and now Hayden is in.
    I still can't get over this, esp since she took him to the dr on Monday because this 106 fever started Sunday and they told her that it seemed like he had an ear infection and if he wasn't better by friday they wanted to see him back. That sounds crazy to me. I really hope they are okay. Keep them in your thoughts.
Working...
X