This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy (ihurttoo), please pray with me for her

Our dear friend Amy (ihurttoo) is very, very ill right now. Please pray with me, if you pray, and please keep her in your thoughts. She has been my rock and many others here, too, I know, and I have been hers when needed, but I don't have the gift of prayer that she has so I am going to write from Matthew 5, The Beatitudes....something that she has often read to me via phone when I have been at my lowests points...she is a woman of great faith and has taught and guided me so much with my own spirtuality and faith...please pray with me if you pray...

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.
    Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you.

If you would like her contact information, please pm me. She has not been on the board in a while, but please, I beg of you, pray with me, and please pm me if you would like to get in touch with her. Our IC sister is very ill and in the hospital, and like she said of me in the thread prior to this one, much too proud to ever ask for a prayer for herself... she has always given and never asks for anything in return, so I am asking on her behalf.

Bug (formerlyBriza)
    Last edited by Briza; 10-19-2007, 03:31 PM.

Oh, no. Amy has done so much for so many of us here, and she has a little boy at home too. My thoughts are with her as they so often are. She gives so much and asks for so little. I've learned so much through knowing her. Please, please may she be all right!
    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Dear Lord,
      Please be with Amy now and guide her through this time of pain and suffering. And bless her body with the nourishment and medicines that she needs to heal.
      Lord,
      Take her in your arms and hold her while she is weak and give her the strenght again to become strong. I pray this Lord in Jesus name Amen

My thoughts and prayers are with her..
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

She will be in my prayers.
        :Loren

Current Meds
        Elmiron 300mg tid
        Elavil 25mg at hs
        Atarax 50mg bid
        Tramacet as needed
        Vitamin D 2000 iu bid
        Gabapentin 300mg tid
        Uracyst instillatons one a month

Comment

(((((Amy)))))
          I hope your hospital stay is very short........
          Get well soon...........we'll be praying!

Thanks so much, Bug, for lettimg us know. Please keep us up-to-date of her condition.
          Tons of support,
          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Briza,

Thanks for letting us know. I haven't heard from her in a long time. My prayers are definitely with her.

April

Comment

Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Bug~

Prayers headed that way for Amy, Steve, and precious Colin. I am not very eloquent with prayers but here goes:

Jesus, you are the divine healer and heavenly physician. At Cana, you turned water into wine and on the mount provided loaves and fishes for the masses. We now come before you for our IC sister Amy asking you to have the strength in her body multiply like the fish and bread. Please give her comfort in mind, body, and soul during this time of great suffering. Lord, we also pray for her husband Steve and son Colin and ask that you wrap your loving arms around them while the guiding light in their family is not able to be present physically. Thank you Jesus for the many blessings you give all of us each day, and as always we ask this in your name. Amen.
                  Last edited by Babs RN; 10-20-2007, 03:53 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors
                  (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
                  :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
                  :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
                  I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
                  PCOS 7/85
                  RSD 7/94 :headbang:
                  Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
                  Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
                  Kidney stones--too many to count
                  Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
                  IC 6/03 :evilsmile
                  Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
                  "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
                  "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Although I don't know her, she sounds like a wonderful person who has helped many.

Bug: Your post was very moving!
                    Betsy
                    Last edited by BBB; 10-21-2007, 05:43 AM.
                    BBB - Diagnosed with Moderate/Severe IC (age 12), Severe PFD and V V (age 21), IBS (from birth) & Gastroparesis (age 42)

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear this. Amy is a cherished member of our ICN Family. Many prayers being offered for both Amy and her family.

Annie

IC
                      Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
                      Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

Hugs,
                        Tracey
                        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                        IC dx'd Nov 2004
                        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                        Possible IBS
                        Current IC Meds
                        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                        Previous IC Meds taken:
                        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                        Others:
                        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Amy and I are in touch by phone. I was unaware of her hospital stay. I am sending prayers her way. I am so sorry Amy!!!!!!! You don't deserve this sort of life!

Love and Hugs,

Kara
                          Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
                          http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

She is struggling, in body and in spirit. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts.
                            Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                            Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

My prayers are with her and her family.

Meds I take:
                              Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
                              Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
                              Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
                              Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
                              Nexium- for Gerd
                              Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
                              Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
                              Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
                              I coated aspirin
                              02 at bedtime

Comment

Working...
                              X