Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to hear that Amy is so sick. Please tell her I hope she feels better soon. I'm glad that they're treating her right at the hospital! That always makes such a huge difference.

and

Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I talked to Amy last night and yes she seems to be in better spirts, but she still needs our prayers. She is still very sick but is getting better.
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Amy is home now I haven't spoken to her yet but will post an update when I know more.

Comment

Glad to hear she is home!:woohoo: Nothing better then your own bed. I hope she has someone there with her to give her a hand.

Comment

Sorry to hear she has been so sick. I didn't know this!! Glad she is at home though. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Comment

I spoke to her yesterday. She seems in much better spirits and health. Still sending prayers your way though. I will keep checking in on ya! I feel so bad that I was not home before this happened to you. You are loved by so many of us and we just want you to get well and get the support you need from your Doctors.

Love and Hugs to you from NY!

Kara
              Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
              http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers, flowers, cards, posts, and calls!

Dear ICN Friends,

Thank you all for the outpouring of love and support! I was so shocked and suprised when Brigette called and read me the prayer request she wrote and all of the responses. It truly moved me beyond words.

It has been a very difficult month, but I think I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, thanks to the prayers and the support of all of my friends here.

I went into a bad retention episode, (which I NEVER do), and this started while we were on our way to Gulf Shores for vacation, a month ago. So, I did the in/out cath thing on the way down, and the whole time I was there, (for the week). Then, I ended up with a horrific infection while I was there, and began to swell up really bad in my hands, feet, legs, arms, and urethra, and began to urinate blood while I was there. I got really scared. I called my Dr. and he called in an antibiotic, (this was the day before the swelling started). When the swelling began, I should have called him back, but, I didnt want to bother him again, (since I had to call him so much already that week, since I had been in a bad flare already before the trip.) So, I thought I could get by without calling. This proved to be a HUGE mistake! By the time we got back to town, I was running a fever of 103, and could no longer walk. I went to the ER, and they put in a Foley and told me to see my Dr. the next day. He switched the antibiotic the next day. (This was my 3rd in 3 weeks and it was Levaquin, and STILL didnt work!) After that, I got REALLY sick, and started throwing up even more, and couldnt eat or sleep for the pain.

By the time I called Brigette, I hadnt ate or slept in 4 days, and was just hanging on by a thread. She remembered my Dr's name and my Mom's, and called both of them, and my Dr. called me back and told me to go to the hospital right then, and he was going to admit me. Brigett called my Mom (unbeknowanst to me), and had her come and take me to the hospital. I dont know what I would have done with out Brigette!!! She literally saved my life. I didnt know it, but I was in a Lupus attack. (We didnt find that out until today.....I finally got the results of the bloodwork back today, and found out my anti nuclear antibodies were sky high! Also, today, my joints started swelling, and my mouth and throat broke out in sores. (They have only done that 3 other times, and all the other times, it was when I was in a Lupus flare.) So, they went ahead and put me back on the Prednisone today. So, I think I am finally going to whip this!

But, I want to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart. I cant thank you all enough for the prayers, the kind words in your posts, for your phone calls, for the flowers, for the cards, and for the uplifting scriptures. You all got me through some very scary days when I wasnt sure I was going to make it. (They didnt know WHAT was going on for the first day or two!)

I wish I could thank each one of you personally for the kindness you have shown me. But, there were just too many! But, I do want to say a special thank you to Brigette, my hero. In spite of everything going on in her own life right now, with her own health, (she has been in major retention too, with health issues very similar to mine), she still went into auto-pilot when I needed her, and got me help, when no one else could. (I had already been to a new Uro 2 days before, to the ER, 4 days before, to my IC Dr, and called everyone I knew to call, but no one helped me or understood how serious it was, besides Brigette. Even though she was in pain herself, she stepped up to the plate to help me. (She understood because "it takes one to know one".) Brigette, I will forever be in your debt. Thank you again for everything, and thank you again for the beautiful prayers and beautiful flowers.

I also want to thank Carolyn for the beutiful flowers that she sent. They were gorgeous!!! (And HUGE!!!) I was so surprised that either of you sent flowers, (neither of you should have!) But, both of yours were truly lovely. (I still have both bouquets!)

Lastly, thank you again to all who prayed for me, posted here, and called. Again, I can't express how much it meant to me, but it made me cry just to know that you guys cared. Thank you again for that....all of you!!!

With love,
                Amy
                Last edited by ihurttoo; 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Amy,
                  I am so glad you are on the mend!
                  You have done so much for so many of us (including me!), that I am
                  so happy that you were able to receive a little of that love back
                  Sending a hug,
                  Kadi
                  Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                  I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                  Source - Pinterest
                  "

Current treatments:
                  -IC diet
                  -Elavil 50mg at night
                  -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                  -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                  -Pyridium if needed,
                  -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                  -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                  -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                  -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                  -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                  -Managing stress= VERY important!
                  -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Thank you, Kadi! And thank you again for calling me while I was in the hospital. It meant so much to me that you called!

Hugs right back at ya!!!
                    Amy

Comment

AMY I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL,BUT MOST OF ALL I AM ECSTATIC THAT YOU ARE BACK ON THIS FORUM.YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY HOW MUCH YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED.NOT TO SHOW FAVORITISM BUT YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON ON HERE,YOU HAVE THE KINDEST HEART,THERE IS NO MEAN BONE IN YOUR BODY,AND YOUR ALWAYS THINKING OF EVERYONE ELSE.I AM SURE EVERYONE ELSE WILL AGREE WITH THIS! I HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO GET BETTER,AND PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE US AGAIN . I HAVE PRAYED FOR YOU MANY TIMES THESE LAST FEW WEEKS,I BELIEVE GOD IS DEFINATELY LOOKING OVER YOU.BY THE WAY HOW IS COLLIN? HE IS SUCH A CUTIE.ANYWHO JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WERE MISSED,TAKE IT EASY FOR AWHILE.JAMIE

Comment

Originally posted by Babs RN View Post
                        Jesus, you are the divine healer and heavenly physician. At Cana, you turned water into wine and on the mount provided loaves and fishes for the masses. We now come before you for our IC sister Amy asking you to have the strength in her body multiply like the fish and bread. Please give her comfort in mind, body, and soul during this time of great suffering. Lord, we also pray for her husband Steve and son Colin and ask that you wrap your loving arms around them while the guiding light in their family is not able to be present physically. Thank you Jesus for the many blessings you give all of us each day, and as always we ask this in your name. Amen.
                        Yeah. What she said.

Comment

Dear Jamie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. (You made me cry!) Brigette read your other post to me when I was in the hospital, along with the others. I told her how we had talked and had planned on driving to meet when you got moved to Ky, but I had accidently deleted your number too, and then I left the board for a while. But, now that I am back, I will definately pm you my numbers, and once I am better, I still want to do that!

You are wrong about the farm though, (thankfully!) We DO have a farm, but the only time I have to do it alone is when my husband is out of town. We raise cows and goats, and usually even then my Dad comes and feeds the cows, and I just have to feed the goats and the bottle calves and the goats that are on the bottle that their Mom's didnt take. But he only goes out of town for about a week out of every 2 months. So, the rest of the time, my husband does all the farm stuff, (except I feed do the bottle feeding in the daytime and the middle of the night feedings that he doesnt wake up for, just like with human babies! LOL!)

Anyway, thank you again for your very sweet posts! You have no idea how much they both meant to me! I am still crying now. I am truly overwhelmed at how kind everyone has been while I was gone and since I came back.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Love,
                          Amy

Thomas,

I also want to thank you for your post. I havent even "met" you here yet, but you still took the time to post and pray for me! That really says alot about you! That really means alot to me too. Though you havent been on here very long, I have read several of your posts so far, and already I have seen that you have been diving in and reaching out to help other people. That is truly amazing! Alot of people dont do that. (Not that it is necessary at all, but it is the mark of someone truly special that does that, and I just want you to know that though I havent even "met you" on here yet, I have already noticed that about you, and I am sure that others have noticed this as well. If you notice Brigette's prayer to me at the beginning of this thread, she quoted Matthew in the Bible and one of the Beatitudes was "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." Without even knowing you, I can already see that you are merciful. If you could only pick one attibute to have, you would be hard-pressed to pick a better one!

Thank you again, Thomas for thinking of me, and taking the time to post!

Sincerely,
                          Amy

P.S. Thank you again, Barb for praying the original prayer and for calling me in the hospital too. Your prayer for me was very moving. When Brigette read it to me, we both cried. Then, when you called, I know you know how much your phone call meant to me at that moment. I will never, ever forget that you were there for me when I needed you. Somehow, God always sends me the right people at the right time. I believe he really does take care of me!

Again, I truly want to thank everyone personally, but I cannot even begin to tell you how many pms, prayers, cards, flowers, phone calls, posts, etc that I have gotten from all my beloved IC friends. I plan to get around to thanking everyone personally, but it may take a bit longer than I planned, since it is hurting to sit here. But, I will get to it!! I want to do that! But please know how much I appreciate each and everything that everyone has done on my behalf. I havent forgotten any of them and never, ever will! Every single thing is forever etched on my heart. Thank you all again.

With much love for everyone,
                          Amy

Comment

Amy

Hoping you are feeling better. I don't get on here very much anymore and just saw how sick you've been. I remember how much support you were to me when I first joined and it has meant a lot. You'll be in my thoughts.

Comment

Re: Amy (ihurttoo), please pray with me for her

Kara 29,

This is Sharon Davis. I saw recently a post dated in 2006 from ihurttoo. It was entitled Please Help me!! I read her story and was looking for recent posts from her. I have wondered if she ever got that pain relief she so desperately needed. I was touched by her story. Then I found this thread that she had been in the hospital. I know this is a long time ago. I just wondered if she is
                              ok now. My heart goes out to her. I felt like printing the "Please Help me!" story and leaving it on my uros desk. I'm afraid he down plays my pain. If only these docs would get on here and read these stories they would gain a better understanding of just how bad this disease is for so many. I also had another question for you. I notice you have fibromyalgia. I have had IC for 25 yrs. I have been experiencing all over body aches that can get bad enough sometimes to wake me in the middle of the night. Sometimes it goes away, but comes again. Now I'm experiencing it again and it is bad. Is this what fibro feels like? Achy in the joints, muscles, flu like? Just wondered. It has been in the back of my mind for a while? How do they test for it? What do they look for? Sharon P.S. I hope ihurttoo is ok now.

Comment

Re: Amy (ihurttoo), please pray with me for her

It's been a while since I've heard from her, but she's hanging in there. This thread is so very old that I am closing it.

Donna
                                Last edited by ICNDonna; 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM.
                                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                                X