Bull Riding Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Riding Death

I think you all know that my son rides bulls. He is 9 years old.

We were in Ash Flat, AR last night watching (not participating in) the SRCA Bull Riding Finals. Ther was a horrible accident. One of the older boys, around 17 I think, was bucked off his bull and stomped on the chest with both back feet of the bull. He had on his protective vest but it didn't help at all.

His name is Zack Clinton. He stopped breathing before the ambulance arrived, and CPR was performed. He did not make it to the hospital before he died. They didn't even turn on the sirens when the Ambulance pulled away.

This is horrible. These are children! Yes, we (all family and friends involved in the sport of rodeo) know what the possibilities are for injury or even death. I feel so horrible for his Mom and family. They were right there watching him. I did not go close to the arena end where they were working on Zack, but my husband did to get our son, who was behind the chutes with his buddies.

How horrible she must feel. How awful to see your own child killed.

We don't know Zack or his family. I don't even kow where they live. It'd be either Southern Missouri or Norhtern Arkansas.

The 4 or 5 bull riders left to ride wanted to ride for Zack, to show their support I guess. There were about 5 others who scratched their rides and said No Way. I can see both sides of this arguement.

I pray that God gives this family and all their friends strength and courage. I pray that they don't start asking WHY and being bitter. Zack died to teach us all something.

In my opinion, that something is "Get Right With God" because you won't know when it's your turn.

Justin didn't say much at first. I looked at him and told him he really needs to learn to be a roper instead of a bull rider. He shrugged his shoulders. Ok, Mom, WRONG this to say. So I pulled him into my lap and told him that this kind of thing doesn't happen often, in relation to how many people ride bulls on a daily basis. I also told him that it was an accident. I told him that he could have lived his whole life without seeing someone get this hurt from a bull ride. I then told Jusitn that whatever he decided, ride or not ride, I would support him. He says he still wants to ride. I'm ok with that. But, I'm in a place where I'm ok with God, and I know that my son (and daughter) is a tremendous gift from God. I'll just love them and support them.

Donald and I talked on the hour drive home last night, the kids were asleep in the back seat. We both said the same thing, You just never know! You can't keep the kids locked in the house and forbid them to do anything. Kids get killed on the football field, baseball field, soccer, etc. We just have to love them, support them, and pray for them.

So, please, pray for the family of Zack Clinton, the bull riders that witnessed the entire thing, and the rest of us who saw it, too.
    Thanks, Michelle.
    Last edited by Michelle in KC; 11-06-2007, 02:24 AM.

This is a very sad story.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Omg this is so sad...
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Such a sad story.
          Like you said, people (kids) are killed doing other sports and activities as well; and your husband is correct--we can't keep our kids locked up. One never knows when its going to be their "time" to 'go', and it doesnt matter what you're doing at that "time". Your statement about being ok with God (or whoever one prays/worships to) is all we can do.

Keeping all involved in my thoughts.
          D
          (\__/)
          (o.O )
          (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

How terribly tragic....that poor young man and his family.
            Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

How horrible!
              Prayer's go out to the family.
              Hugs Sandra
              "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
              http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

I just read online that the funeral will be Tuesday at 1:00 PM in the Willow Springs, MO High School Gym,

I want to go, but I didn't know them. I may just send flowers. I also got their home address, and I will definately be sending a card.

I talked to Justin last night. He really doesn't want to talk about it but I told him if he does, just come find me.

Comment

In response to Michelle in AR

Zach Clinton is from Willow Springs, MO. I believe he was a junior in high school and a member of the Willow Springs Bears H.S. football team who opened their season against Highland High School. It broke my heart to hear of this tragedy. His parents and all grandparents are all good folks and our thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

Comment

Michelle,
                    I am so sorry you and your family witnessed such a tragedy and I feel horrible for the young man's family. Some may question risking a life for a sport, however people are killed walking down the street and simply riding in a car is much more of a risk. It saddens me deeply that he lost his life doing something he loved.

My family has lost several members at young ages (20 and 30 year olds). If I may give you my opinion ,I would say go to the funeral if you want to. I say this because it is hard for a person to know what to do. It doesn't matter how much or little you knew the person, you all are a part of the rodeo family. We felt immense support for someone to take time out of their schedule to attend the services, regardless of the relationship.

By all means, if you have their address drop off flowers or food. Honestly, the family will like that. You don't have to say much, just being there in their time of need is important.

My prayers are with everybody in this awful tragedy.
                    Betsy
                    BBB - Diagnosed with Moderate/Severe IC (age 12), Severe PFD and V V (age 21), IBS (from birth) & Gastroparesis (age 42)

Comment

Thank you Betsy. I think I will go to the funeral. I'll take my son as well. Maybe my daughter, but she's in HS and though she was there at the bull riding event, she isn't the funeral type. She never has been a 'funeral' person.

Tom, I am glad you know the family. I think most rodeo people are good folks. I would want other Rodeo Moms to at least come and hug us. Whether I knew them or not.

Michelle.

Comment

Tracy,
                        Yes, I do beleive everyone has their own opinion on mourning a death. People mourn differently and I am sorry for your experience with the tragic death in your family.

My personal experience, as I stated above, was related to several members of my family. The most recent was the passing of my brother at age 33. He was a Policeman and we were touched by the outpouring of sympathy and support from the Police community, most of which we didn't know. They came to pay their respects and every single one of them gave a hug to the members of our family. It was so uplifting! Many of their wifes hugged my mother as simply being a mother with a son.

When my sister's (age 28) husband passed away at 30. She was surprised at the number of people that just didn't want to talk to her because they didn't know what to say. It was really sad.

Anyway...that is my experiences (unfortunatly). Noisy people have no place at funerals as much as warm people who feel for the family do.

Oh how I wish this conversation wasn't happening and this 17 year old boy was still with his family.

P.S. To Moderators or Members: I am curious to how the people who found this information on the internet were able to post on our sacred site about people dealing with IC and their experiences in life. I feel a little vunerable about posting. Are they going to continue as members and support us in our IC journey?
                        BBB - Diagnosed with Moderate/Severe IC (age 12), Severe PFD and V V (age 21), IBS (from birth) & Gastroparesis (age 42)

Comment

BBB,

Donna and all the Mods watch the post very closely, so I don't think you have to much to worry about.
                          Last edited by leelee88; 11-05-2007, 02:15 PM.
                          Hugs
                          Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                          Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                          Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

OK Ronda, I should have known better! Like I said earlier, your the best. Sorry, it caught me a little off guard and I am on new meds that I think are making me very...um, starts with a B.

P.S. Like the new pic!

Comment

BBB,
                              I don't feel you were being that way at all!! You were just concerned and that is very understandable.. But really I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if you ever feel like you do. Please contact Jill or Donna..
                              Hope you have a great night..
                              Hugs
                              Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
                              X