Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bob04951
    replied
    So sorry Am, know what it is like to lose your beloved Granny. Mine was my rock, my idol, the center of my world. It must have been really tough to watch her deteriorate from that horrible AZ (yet another mystery illness). You will have many emotions right now, relief, anger, faith questioning, sorrow, and know they are all normal. You will bounce around with those feelings for a long time, and never let anyone tell you how to grieve, you do it the way you need to.

And to FLAMOM, sorry for your losses as well. It seems like you just pick yourself up and get slapped down again. Lost grammom, 2 brothers, both parents, favorite uncle, mother in law, and some dear friends within a few years, know how overwhelming it can be. There are times you're afraid to pick up the phone, like who's next. Catch your breath and try to stay upright. Sometimes things just happen in bunches like that, hopefully the forces that be will leave you alone for a long, long time. Keep the good memories close to your heart and let the rest go.

Thoughts are with all who have suffered losses. Let's all hope there are not many more in the forseeable future. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    i am so sorry i know you will miss her but she is with God now and at peace.

Leave a comment:

• amaranthe
    replied
    Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and messages. It's been a hard few days. The funeral was yesterday and we had the visitation the day before. There were about 500 people that came between both days. (They stood in line for hours at the visitation and even though we had reserved the biggest room they had, there were still people standing everywhere.

My Grandfather (her husband) was killed in a tractor accident 15 yrs ago. He was a preacher and had preached at different places all over the state for meetings and stuff, so alot of people were from those churches. Plus, they had 5 kids who all went to different churches and my brothers and Dad preach too, so that's why there were so many. (When my Grandfather died, the funeral home told us that it was the 2nd largest funeral and visitation they ever had there. (The biggest was when a senator died.) So, that was amazing!

My Grandmother was a hard working woman who loved the Lord. They lived on a farm and grew and raised everything they ate. She also sewed all their clothes. In addition to raising 5 kids of her own, she also took care of her parents and a maiden aunt and brought them to live with them, as well as my grandfathers grandmother lived with them for 8 years. She also took in her neice when she was pregnant and then she lived with them along with her baby for 10 years. In additon to all that, she took in 2 nephews for close to a year. (Their dad was overseas in the military and their mother had a nervous breakdown after another child died.) My Dad said there was always someone else there living with them while they were growing up. There sure arent many out there like my grandmother.

Thank you all again for all your thoughts, prayers, and comments. It really means alot to me and I know it would her too.

Leave a comment:

• Annie2
    replied
    :

I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs and offering prayers for you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I am so very sorry dear. Sending big hugs and lots of prayers. you know how to get a hold of me.

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

No loss is ever easy, regardless of age.

Leave a comment:

• nanawaggs
    replied
    Oh, Amaranthe, this still is very heart-wrenching. My prayers for you and your family.

And, Floridamom , I'm sorry you've recently lost your father. My prayers for you and your family also.

Leave a comment:

• dyno
    replied
    Sending prayers, yes it is very hard.

Leave a comment:

• SueC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    I'm so sorry. I know the grief of losing a grandmother. My grandma had Alzheimer's and no matter what I knew about her health and condition. I was not prepared. I don't think that's possible. I'm thinking of you and your family and sending my best thoughts and wishes.

K

Leave a comment:

• floridamom
    replied
    Hugs to you...I know what you are going thru...lost my grandma & granpa just a few months ago & my dad only this last Sunday. Hold strong to your faith & family...

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Hi Amaranthe,

Saying a prayer for your grandmother and you Sorry:-(

Jill

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I am so sorry to hear this, it is never an easy thing to deal with.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

MG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X