My Mother-please say a Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mother-please say a Prayer

My Mom, Katy has been sick for the last few days, complaining of mainly of leg pain. My father took her to the doctors today and after doing an MRI discovered a blood clot in her leg. They are going to admit her to the hospital today and keep her there till Thursday morning. (they think they caught it in time). She is in Houston, and i am here in Austin. So you can just imagine what I am thinking of!. My sister called me and told me what was going on and that she would call back, but instead i called the hospital and talked to my dad. They didn't think that I needed to be down there but to be on stand by.

*sending my prayers for you both*

*hugs*

Comment

Will pray for you and your family.

Hugs...
      Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Saying a prayer for your mother.
        Elinor

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
        That I would see the goodness of the Lord
        In the land of the living.
        Wait on the Lord;
        Be of good courage,
        And He shall strengthen your heart;
        Wait, I say, on the Lord!
        ***Psalm 27:13-14***

http://facinglif.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's good that she is getting medical attention. She may need to be in the hospital for a few days.

Sending gentle hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi, Mary ~ So sorry about your Mom. That's very scary. Will also pray for her and your family.

Blessings,
            Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
            8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
            8/2010 Surg gallbladder
            TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
            IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
            Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
            Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
            Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
            *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
            Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
            PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

my mother-prayers

Mary,

My mother also has a clot in her leg so I know it can be very worrying. What I was told was that my mom's clot is in a superficial vein and would most likely stay put or dissolve. She is going to be rechecked in two weeks.

My mother is far from where I am too, so I understand how hard it is,but it sounds like your mom is being well taken care of.

I hope all turns out well.

Laurie

Comment

I will say a prayer for your mom and you. I know how hard it is being away from your mother when she is sick. I was 3,000 miles away when my mom had her stroke and it was emotionally very difficult. Sounds like they caught it in time though so hopefully everything will turn out well.

Comment

Praying for both of you.

TexasHoney
                  TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
                  IC Symptoms began in early 2001
                  Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
                  Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
                  Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
                  Wed Jan 28 2009
                  (Ice Storm Accident)
                  2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
                  Other Injuries
                  Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
                  Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
                  Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
                  Elmiron, Pyridium

Comment

saying prayers for you mom and you.

Comment

Hi, Mary ~ Just wondering how your Mom is doing? Hope they're getting things taken care of and she's on the road to a perfect recovery.

Prayers your Mom, you and your family
                      Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
                      8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
                      8/2010 Surg gallbladder
                      TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
                      IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
                      Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
                      Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
                      Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
                      *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
                      Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
                      PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Prayers..............

Many many prayers to all
                        SueC
                        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks- my Mom is doing much better been at home for about a week now. They still don't know what caused the clots but said it will take some time to dissolve. she will be on Coumadin for at least a year or even maybe forever.

Comment

Working...
                          X